PP Up/Max for BP or something similar

DrButler

Question

So currently the cheapest pp ups on gtl are at 47k, which i think is somewhat problematic, considering even a full gym run including all 3 regions doesnt allow you to pp max a comp. I also think that maxing pps on a poke shouldnt cost more than breeding it, which is just an opinion, but paying 140k per move / 560k to max it is just frkn absurd.

Yes, it would lower the income for people who plant berries to craft those pp ups, but cmon, those prices are ridiculous right now. So since choice items, orb and so on are important in pvp and can also be grinded through playing mm, could we have the same option with pp ups?

cheers

Edited by DrButler

17 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, suigin said:

Our experts predict that a shiny pentaperfect will be worth 3,5 PP Max in 5 months at this rate.

would be pissed if i encountered shinies, but guess im fine.

6 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

pretty sure they allready said something about lowering the cost to make them to lower back to the price they where before the change but with like everything here there is a soon

oh nice. so people have the choice between being broke and playing comp, until soon.  wait no, we could also nolife the game, just to pp max our comps.

at this point, pp ups might be better official prices than non shiny comp gifts.

1 minute ago, Tritios said:

The recipe is the problem, it's dumb as bread. In pure expenses it only costs around 7,5k to make one pp up. But the berries you would need to harvest is worth 39k. Give us back 5 powder for each sitrus berry etc.

add to that the now untradeable one we get from the story that can't even help the market stay afordable

44 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

We really, really need an urgent fix for it.

nah all we need is a soon

They'll probably make it a RP item so this game become a lil more pay to win, because that's pretty much what they wanted with these "economy fixes".

You know, making money with a game you barely have a copyright distribution license and barely developed after making all sources of grinding in game horribly non-profitable.

#justsaying. #weseeit #wenoticed

1 hour ago, Noad said:

Devs are very good at taking into account reasonable suggestions from the community

I see, that's why we have longer doubles timer, quit action button, forfeit button etc. Indeed they listen. Or the fact that the economy change only made economy worst, and instead we could have seen faster competitive patches, to fix non working abilities and items. It's more important that the NPCs get multi scales Dnite, Drought 9tales etc isnt it?

Edited by redspawn
1 hour ago, redspawn said:

quit action button

This exists in doubles now.  In singles its probably more complicated due to the timer and other things that I am probably not knowledgeable on.

Their are a lot of things to fix and be looked at, and everybody wants to make their one thing the highest priority, it all takes time.

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

This exists in doubles now.  In singles its probably more complicated due to the timer and other things that I am probably not knowledgeable on.

Their are a lot of things to fix and be looked at, and everybody wants to make their one thing the highest priority, it all takes time.

Munya this was asked years ago. All of those.

14 hours ago, DrButler said:

So currently the cheapest pp ups on gtl are at 47k, which i think is somewhat problematic, considering even a full gym run including all 3 regions doesnt allow you to pp max a comp. I also think that maxing pps on a poke shouldnt cost more than breeding it, which is just an opinion, but paying 140k per move / 560k to max it is just frkn absurd.

Yes, it would lower the income for people who plant berries to craft those pp ups, but cmon, those prices are ridiculous right now. So since choice items, orb and so on are important in pvp and can also be grinded through playing mm, could we have the same option with pp ups?

cheers

These are being halved in price in the next update, as their requirements are out of proportion to the other permanent buffs (Rare Candy) currently.

If, after that change settles @ live, we still see issues with the market, we'll consider a BP-sourced alternative for them, but I think the majority of issues at the moment are due to the farming annoyances of Unova (lack of hotkeys for plant management and the  resulting overhead of managing very large amounts of plots) and the berry requirements for these items.

Edited by Kyu