Sign in to follow this  
Munya

LC Discussion Request Thread

4 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

How does Munchlax get +6 sdef?

oh right, it stops at +3, forgot about that.

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

Apparently, this is too difficult for you, so I'll do all the work for you:

Munchlax

Hide contents

+6 252 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. +6 0 HP / 236+ SpD Munchlax: 10-12 (33.3 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
If you pressure the Misdreavus correctly, you should always be able to ensure the berry juice gets activated.

Porygon

Reveal hidden contents

+1 252 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 10-12 (38.4 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0- Atk Porygon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 8-10 (36.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Porygon has recover, so there is no possible scenario where porygon doesn't win.

Lileep

Reveal hidden contents

Against Bold Misdreavus
108 Atk Lileep Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Eviolite Lileep: 8-10 (30.7 - 38.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO

Lileep has recover, so win.

Against Timid Misdreavus

+1 252 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Eviolite Lileep: 10-12 (38.4 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

108 Atk Lileep Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Looks also like a win to me.

Ponyta

Reveal hidden contents

+1 252 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Ponyta: 9-12 (37.5 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
gg with morning sun and flame charge

They all win 1v1. I would have to test lax a little bit more to be sure, but I'm confident it can handle it. Same with Lileep against wow hex misdreavus, but there should still be a way. The generic Misdreavus sets are very easy to handle if you are prepared for it though.

1. Stockpile only goes up to +3. This is just a basic mechanic of the game you should be aware of as a member of the Tier Council.

2. misdre cms on the pory switch and then calm minds once more and hpfighting is a 2hko which means recover is worthless, this again, is a basic pokemon concept. same exact scenario applies to lileep

3. Max spdef ponyta isnt even a set. you need max speed to take adventage of its 19 speed tier otherwise you're just bad.

Edited by FNTCZ

52 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

2. misdre cms on the pory switch and then calm minds once more and hpfighting is a 2hko which means recover is worthless, this again, is a basic pokemon concept. same exact scenario applies to lileep

3. Max spdef ponyta isnt even a set. you need max speed to take adventage of its 19 speed tier otherwise you're just bad.

alright, bring a that misdreavus and come vermillion ch4, so we can test this set against porygon

1 hour ago, pachima said:

wtf is julian saying lmao?

we did test and effectivelly pory vs misdre comes down to twave vs sub 50/50 mindgames. it's not a surefire counter and if you just spam foulplay you indeed lose 1 on 1.

so idk what are you even trying to bring to the table with that comment on a tier you have no idea about

Just now, pachima said:

If only you knew.

eh.. you have no idea about any tier so it was a safe bet anyways.

It was nice seeing a no item arcanine doing 15 to conk and a dusknoir doing 0.. it was so sweet seeing how the most common mon in the tier almost 6-0'd you was it not for a crit, your builds in any tier are generally bad so I have no reason to think it'd be any different in lc.

1 minute ago, FNTCZ said:

eh.. you have no idea about any tier so it was a safe bet anyways.

It was nice seeing a no item arcanine doing 15 to conk and a dusknoir doing 0.. it was so sweet seeing how the most common mon in the tier almost 6-0'd you was it not for a crit, your builds in any tier are generally bad so I have no reason to think it'd be any different in lc.

xd. In that same tier you fail to win against me every time we fight? XDDDDDDDD

Now you made my day. Thanks truly.

Just now, pachima said:

xd. In that same tier you fail to win against me every time we fight? XDDDDDDDD

Now you made my day. Thanks truly.

Because I you are a pain in the ass and I dodge you in UNRANKED matchmaking you think it suddenly means anything other that you being annoying to play agains, id rather not waste my mental thank you.

I dont even remember the last time you won anything/anyone took you seriouslly so it is pointless to even try and argue about that.

1 minute ago, Havsha said:

So, how does Misd being potentially busted make Scraggy any less of a problem?

gb openly said scraggy is busted

6 minutes ago, Havsha said:

So, how does Misd being potentially busted make Scraggy any less of a problem?

It doesn't, it should be discussed separately but this is the LC discussion thread, not the scraggy discussion thread and when a potential action on scrag was brought up I mentioned a side-effect it'd have immediatelly in the tier (misdre running rampant after it's gone) I think it is particualary relevant because chain-effect bans are often "not wanted" by the tc.

But eh, murkov was another potential check and it's gone, (scraggy/random shell smashers were nowhere as dangerous as they are now when murk was still on the tier). Idont think it should've been banned but thats an entirely different story.

Edited by FNTCZ

2 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

gb openly said scraggy is busted

was not directed towards Gb

1 minute ago, FNTCZ said:

It doesn't, it should be discussed separately but this is the LC discussion thread, not the scraggy discussion thread and when a potential action on scrag was brought up I mentioned a side-effect it'd have immediatelly in the tier

Fair enough, I apologise I misunderstood the intentions of the shift as a defense of scraggy

Haven't seen Misdreavus nor Scraggy sweep in this PSL. But I did see Scraggy flinch Timburr and Mienfoo like 3 times with Zen headbutt and winning 1vs1. On paper, Timburr with drain punch and mach punch beats scraggy.

Bold Vullaby easily wins 1vs1 against a +1 scraggy. HJK mienfoo survives zen headbutt and ohkoes.

Misdreavus, on paper can be scaring, but there are lots of way to deal with it.

Beat up scarfed houndour, crunch/pursuit munchlax, twave sball/foul play porygon, lots of focus sash pokes can 2hko it,.

Honestly i think the moment we start banning things in lc, the tier will be ruined. Nothing is uber yet, just watch tournaments, Misdreavus never sweeps, Scraggy if it doesn't flinch its opponent, or if it misses zen headbutt, it loses.

Let's give it some time before trying to push for anything.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:15 AM, Sashaolin said:

I lost in today's LC tournament due to a bug.

Round 2 : Pitzzin VS Kriliin

Turn 24 : I knocked off a midlife Gastly and his berry juice activated...

This is a bug, like with the move Bug Bite, the berry shouldn't activate before the effect.

Fix it please... @Munya

4 months later, still nothing has been done, time to fix this...

This kind of isn't the bug report section, next time please post in the bug reports section, thank you.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:49 PM, OrangeManiac said:

196+ Atk Life Orb Houndour Pursuit vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 10-16 (40 - 64%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO

This is the most damage Houndour can do but not to mention how stupid + Attack Houndour is, let's have a more realistic calc.

0 Atk Houndour Pursuit vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Life Orb Houndour Pursuit vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO

196 SpA Life Orb Houndour Dark Pulse vs. 196 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 18-23 (72 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196 SpA Life Orb Houndour Dark Pulse vs. +1 196 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 16-18 (64 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Meanwhile:

76 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndour: 12-16 (63.1 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

76 SpA Misdreavus Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndour: 10-12 (52.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I wouldn't even switch out Misdreavus against Houndour because it's not even a bad 1v1 matchup for it. Scarf Pursuit is nowhere near a reliable 2HKO, Misdreavus can be faster. If you don't wanna run HP Fighting even Thunderbolt will do the job.

what about the move beat up? dark typing and also the chance to break any subs and then ko