new mayor of pokemmo BESTFRIENDS

Good evening, I figured that I should reflect on my Mayorship so far:

Actions:

1. Created a Mayorship Council for ideas and to consult for certain proposals. As they say, "two heads are better than one," except, "a lot of heads are better than one." I want to have a diverse amount of viewpoints.

2. Meowths for newer players (also there is no longer a specified day, now Meowth distributions are going to be silent, but helpful).

3. Created the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, thank you for partaking in the Mayorship YouTube Poll for the name and studio location!

After I get my new YouTube channel up and running, then I would like to focus on other plans that would give enjoyment to you the community. If you have a suggestion, feel free to make a comment in this thread and the Mayorship Council can consider your plan.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

This has been up since March 3rd:
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/76236-pokemmo-community-survey/

In the meantime, you've done bugger-all and don't deserve a 'Mayor' title so kindly cut out the nonsense.  If you're gonna help the playerbase then just do so and earn your respect instead of demanding it from some pseudo-authority that you didn't earn.

I have no idea what your 'Mayor' schtick is about but I haven't seen it providing any benefits whatsoever to the in-game playerbase, unless you care to point out some specific tangible examples.

This is the first post of this thread:

On 1/19/2018 at 2:34 AM, fredrichnietze said:

new mayor bestfriends congrats

our old mayor got deposed for being gay and shit now we need a new mayor. start submitting names, any names with 10 or more likes will get in the final poll. in say a week i'll start the poll and y'll can vote. 

FAQ

~does riga know?

yes this was his idea

~what do i get for being mayor?

bragging rights

~ok so this is a popularity contest?

yes kinda

~are you doing best gril next?

no

~but for real what do i get?

bragging rights thats it

also no one banned in game and on forums because then they cant preform their mayoral duties of bragging in game about being mayor.

https://www.strawpoll.me/14953926

This mindless crap doesn't extend outside of your little club.  You are the mayor of no one and nothing at all.
I'm inclined to believe you're just a troll out for attention.  Well congrats then :P

Edited by Daedalus007
8 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

In the meantime, you've done bugger-all and don't deserve a 'Mayor' title so kindly cut out the nonsense.  If you're gonna help the playerbase then just do so and earn your respect instead of demanding it from some pseudo-authority that you didn't earn.

I have no idea what your 'Mayor' schtick is about but I haven't seen it providing any benefits whatsoever to the in-game playerbase, unless you care to point out some specific tangible examples.

This mindless crap doesn't extend outside of your little club.  You are the mayor of no one and nothing at all.
I'm inclined to believe you're just a troll out for attention.  Well congrats then :P

You obviously have no idea who Bestfriends is, while i respect you trying to help the community with that survey. you shouldn't go around posting a link that is irreverent to the topic at hand. to me it looks like your jealous of the attention this thread is getting and your using it to get more views on your thread. No sorry i may have gone too far there, nevertheless you need to understand Bestfriends here has been serving the Pokemmo community since 2013 via (youtube or in game.) show some respect to our elected mayor. (this isn't me coming at you, i'm simply letting you know, your wrong for what you did.) -as for benefiting the community you'll have to wait and see. Bestfriends has made some plans which i myself am looking forward to. 

P.S Not asking you to accepting him as mayor just show some respect.

-Take care and have a nice day/night. 

As a member of the esteemed cabinet of our trusted mayor, Bestfriends, I fully support this thread and any actions Bestfriends might take that would further benefit the community of PokeMMOTM. The kind words said by Senile about our mayor were just and true. Let us never forget who brought us from the depths of tyranny under the reign of Rigamorty and his treasonous agenda.

Fast, Accurate, Unbiased. Our Mayor, Bestfriends.

I returned a month ago, Never really knew Bestfriends as a person until now. He is a very generous and helpful part of this community. At one point I actually needed help farming everstones. Bestfriends dropped everything he was doing to catch me a Gastly and taught me how to farm. The thing is he didn't have to do that. He wanted too! As for calling him a troll. A troll isn't someone who helps others. Look at his work and you will understand. New players come onto this game for the experience of Pokemon. They later find out that money is hard to come by. Giving away Meowths gives them a head start.

#MuchRespect

1 hour ago, Daedalus007 said:

Atleast people care about this stuff, unlike you or your survey.

When I look in this topic and when I was reading the responses here on page 5, it made me want to cry. I know that real men don't cry, but hearing about the things I had done for the community just makes me very humbled and thankful. Just as a note, when I make YouTube videos, I don't gain a real life profit off of them. For anyone worried about my financial status, no need to, real life can take care of that. When I come on PokeMMO, it is almost like another world, a very awesome world at that. @Desu @Kyu @Shu and @Squirtle do their best to make this game like a paradise, I see the fruits of their labour and I am proud to say that I am a player of this fantastic game. On top of that, the community elected me as mayor of PokeMMO, so I want to do what I can to represent this MMO in the best possible light! From giving Meowths to newer players to possible plans I have in store for experienced players. I want to do what I can to serve as your mayor! My Mayorship Council can also give me a wide array of viewpoints that I might of not considered. I love hearing from people of all backgrounds in this game. Also, I do not judge the person I am chatting with, you can be the most experienced player or a newer player that arrived on PokeMMO just today.

My Mayorship is more like a democracy rather than a dictatorship and that is my goal with this title. Mayors should try their best to make good calls for the city or township they are in. As for me, I want to try, but before I do anything major, the council should be consulted. What are their viewpoints on certain matters? Do they have a suggestion or suggestions for what direction the mayorship should go? The mayorship and Roy Rogers Inc are two different organisations. Roy Rogers Inc, I call the shots with a few suggestions from my viewers and as for the Mayorship, I take a back seat and listen to my council or consult a member before I make a decision. If you have anything to suggest or you want to give feedback on an proposal I made, please tell me. The council could vote on your idea.

Stay tuned to the Mayorship Council, you may like some of the decisions made and I wish everyone a lovely morning/afternoon/evening!

- Bestfriends

Edited by Bestfriends
clarified this heartfelt letter

Despite of having a community full of self-centered edgelords, Bestfriends had a dream. A dream to make PokeMMO great. He started off as a media start-up company to cover about the news of PokeMMO. He had nothing short of ambition. He was ready to interview from the developers of PokeMMO to a rock outside of Mt. Moon. The truth needed to be told to people. For Bestfriends, "Fast, Accurate and Unbiased" wasn't just an advertisement slogan, it was a way of life. When not being busy on telling the news to the people of PokeMMO, he was always ready to help new players. There was no player who asked "How can in Saffron City?" and didn't leave the scene with a smile after Bestfriends helped with their issue. All this was just a road for Bestfriends for becoming the most known media personality of PokeMMO while having a huge market share over "PokeMMO e-sports" channel as well as other media competitors. Clearly this wasn't the end goal for Bestfriends, as we can see with his willigness to become the mayor of PokeMMO.

TL;DR: Bestfriends is the mayor we need but a mayor we don't deserve. Somehow we still have him in the office and if you can't show respecc while doing no research at all, then I can't help you.

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

Bestfriends what are your opinions on concealed weapons, should people be allowed to carry pokemon around freely, how are you going to protect us from the threats of todays world like Team Rainbow Rocket?

I believe that people should be able to carry their pokemon freely.

That is a good question, my competitive representatives should thwart off Team Rainbow Rocket and other groups that want to cause us harm.

3 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

I'd rather have someone who sees the community as a whole as mayor, accepting the good and bad as it is and still try to do something good for the game and those people who play it than someone like you who has 0 regards to what others think and focused on your own ideas an opinions and completely shut off to criticism or disagreement. 
If anyone deserves the role, its bestfriends. Which should've been evident since he was elected by the community and not based on what you personally think.

Since we're all sharing stories about our fairly elected supreme godly leader @Bestfriends, I'll fill you all in on my favorite one. This one time, our fearless mayor braved (not spammed) the Vanity Suggestion Thread and put out page after page of amazing suggestions, such as a cookie pan, a television remote, a frying pan, an artichoke hat, a stop sign and many more! With the suggestions he made, it became clear to me that everything this man does is to better the community. To me, it's no surprise how he commands so much respect and I'm sure all of us are perfectly happy with the man we have representing every single one of us. No one can ever claim Bestfriends to be selfish or self-seeking, and I'm confident that every single thing he does is to better the community and NOT to advertise his extremely entertaining YouTube channels.

11 hours ago, Bishav said:

Mayor bestfriends, how are you planning to deal with the loss to the community that happened today? 

Yes, I mean Stephen Hawking.

Good evening Bishav, this question is very complicated for me to answer, but I am going to respond to this very deep question. From a religious standpoint, I believe in an afterlife. Death itself does not exist in full form, just the process of exiting the body. We will never die in my view because I believe in a second life (like a Heaven and a h***). With that in mind, people still miss seeing each other on Earth in physical form and we should try to keep his/her soul in the body as long as possible.

I do not know Mr. Hawking very well, but he sounds like a smart person. How I know him is through my 9th grade science teacher talking about him almost all the time. There is an interesting thought that I had about him, how did the medical community invent a wheelchair that speaks? It shows our constant drive for innovation. I wish we can make talking wheelchairs for people at an affordable cost, at this point, anything is possible.

6 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening Bishav, this question is very complicated for me to answer, but I am going to respond to this very deep question. From a religious standpoint, I believe in an afterlife. Death itself does not exist in full form, just the process of exiting the body. We will never die in my view because I believe in a second life (like a Heaven and a h***). With that in mind, people still miss seeing each other on Earth in physical form and we should try to keep his/her soul in the body as long as possible.

I do not know Mr. Hawking very well, but he sounds like a smart person. How I know him is through my 9th grade science teacher talking about him almost all the time. There is an interesting thought that I had about him, how did the medical community invent a wheelchair that speaks? It shows our constant drive for innovation. I wish we can make talking wheelchairs for people at an affordable cost, at this point, anything is possible.

It wasn't really a talking wheelchair it was a system attached to it that worked with the movement of his index becaus that was pretty much all he was able to move