new mayor of pokemmo BESTFRIENDS

just so y'll stop pming me, yes i know people are cheating. 4 different people have told me "hey im cheating" and im sure thats the tip of the ice burg. it's limited to one vote per ip and thats the best i can do. forums accounts are easily hacked and i have a dozen alts myself just cause. there is really no way to prevent it entirely. good news is vpns are expensive and no one gets unlimited ips and its time consuming so its only skewed a bit. especially since both sides are doing it.

22 hours of voting left have fun 

The poll is f'ed and has been abused badly.

This is not how you select a mayor with anonymous 100+ votes from a single person who just uses VPN to vote instead.

'only skewed a little bit' lol pls I just saw 100+ votes added to Bestfriends within 10 minutes. Have seen similar shit for Crimar too.

I would expect both @Crimar & @Bestfriends to boycott this selection method, ignoring this shit pole's result, and doing a proper election campaign instead.

A solid criteria should be made for who is eligible to vote and proper elections be run through forums instead.

I can't recognize either as my mayor now on the basis of this poll since there is no way to know who has actually won.

11 minutes ago, Akshit said:

The poll is f'ed and has been abused badly.

This is not how you select a mayor with anonymous 100+ votes from a single person who just uses VPN to vote instead.

'only skewed a little bit' lol pls I just saw 100+ votes added to Bestfriends within 10 minutes. Have seen similar shit for Crimar too.

I would expect both @Crimar & @Bestfriends to boycott this selection method, ignoring this shit pole's result, and doing a proper election campaign instead.

A solid criteria should be made for who is eligible to vote and proper elections be run through forums instead.

I can't recognize either as my mayor now on the basis of this poll since there is no way to know who has actually won.

Hi @Akshit how are you doing? lol btw is this whole mayor thing even real?

p.s tbh bf should wins anyways, he deserves it for all those years on youtube lol. 

Edited by jerryzoo

Good evening everyone! This race was quite intense, but I am glad that the good people on PokeMMO has trust for me becoming mayor. As mayor of PokeMMO, I would like to do what I can to unite the community. Let me start off with some appointments:

Vice Mayors:

@Bluejim: Very nice nice guy, but he is also very good at his competitive skills and a former staff member. I feel that he would be a great for Vice Mayor.

@jerryzoo: He is well respected by the community and also is a dedicated team leader of WinD. When I do YouTube videos with him, we want to make the best video for the viewers over at Roy Rogers Incorporated! Jerry is also a very close friend of mine, so he would be a great for this position.

@xSparkie: This man has done it all, former staff member, former leader of MDVN, and now he is dipping his toes in the competitive scene. I feel that he is a fit for being vice mayor!

@Crimar: What a tight race, but since my platform is about unification, I felt that he should also be Vice Mayor. Unlike real life political parties, we are not too different. From my interactions with him, he is a great guy! As mayor, I want to also make Crimar's voters feel welcome.

Representatives:

@KaynineXL and @TheChampionMike: They strengthened my brand, so I feel that they can put the same amount of passion in representing my goal of unifying PokeMMO. On an off note, you can check out their spectacular work in their PSL thread: 

Competitive Representatives:

@DarylDixon and @NikhilR: DarylDixion and NikhilR are very nice people, with some good competitive abilities. I feel that they would bring a nice friendly face to the competitive scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to make a brief speech, not really too long, but I want to make it as substantive as possible:

I am going to thank @Eggplant for putting me on the ballot for mayor. @fredrichnietze has been a fair moderator for this mayor election, so I appreciate his objectiveness. Even if I am Mayor of PokeMMO, I would like to not brag about it. Maybe I can mention it in my upcoming headline video, but in a thankful way. As CEO and Founder of Roy Rogers Incorporated, my goal was to contribute to PokeMMO without turning a real life profit. I would like to do what I can to be of assistance, like evolving a ton of Haunters, Gravelers, etc. Since I am now mayor, I would like to contribute to the community in a big way. I do not care if you're a new player who came on PokeMMO today or if you're a well established player, we should all come together as fellow PokeMMO players!

I wish everyone well in their PokeMMO's endeavours and I would like to wish everyone a nice day, afternoon, or evening.

- Bestfriends

Edited by Bestfriends
Forfiter retires and I appointed DarylDixion in his place.
  • 1 month later...
On 7-2-2018 at 1:35 AM, Bestfriends said:

No need to riot, he is one of my vice mayors.

You don't get it. If he isn't mayor, then all of our plans for the PokeMMO community will crumble. We've been working at this for a long time, we won't let a reporter ruin our plans this easy.

We got our eyes on you Mr.Mayor.

4 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

waiting for a "i have a dream" level kind of speech, disappointed so far

@Quakkz Go Draft one for him. I'll proof read. xD

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I just realized @Bestfriends didn't select me for his trusted council of advisers. How rude. 

#notmymayor

XD, inb4 @DoubleJ is now added.

Edited by jerryzoo
Laughs
10 hours ago, jerryzoo said:

@Quakkz Go Draft one for him. I'll proof read. xD

XD, inb4 @DoubleJ is now added.

I am not really the guy for speeches, actions speak louder than words, but I look forward to tackling more things as mayor. (Although, you could consider my Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel as minor speeches about a certain topic).

10 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I just realized @Bestfriends didn't select me for his trusted council of advisers. How rude. 

#notmymayor

Sent a PM on Discord

10 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

You don't get it. If he isn't mayor, then all of our plans for the PokeMMO community will crumble. We've been working at this for a long time, we won't let a reporter ruin our plans this easy.

We got our eyes on you Mr.Mayor.

I am so glad that you made a post about this concern. This is why Roy Rogers Incorporated is not connected with my Mayorship. RRI and Mayor Duties are two different worlds and I am not looking for a merge. With that being said, plans are still in the works.

Also, I would like to make a more defined section about each role:

1. Mayor - I make the decisions based upon my analysis and I may consult one or all of my Mayor Council for a decision to be made. This is more of a democracy rather than a dictatorship.

2. Vice Mayor - They are people of different backgrounds. Two of my Vice Mayors are ex-staff (BlueJim and xSparkie), Crimar (because I want to unify the community), and Jerryzoo (because he leads a team, a wonderful co-host to work with, and has good insights).

3. Representatives - KaynineXL and TheChampionMike were picked because they are doing a fantastic job leading the Roy Rogers Inc team, so I figured that they would be enthusiastic for this position.

4. Competitive Representatives - Competitive Representatives can engage in future videos on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel and they could consult me on something if they want.

All members of the Mayor Council have the right to vote on or discuss ideas that the community may enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel can also have content not taped by me, but rather members of the Mayorship Council and then I can upload them under the "Mayor Bestfriends" YouTube channel as long as it meets the "Self Help" category. I may be the Mayor, but that does not mean that I know everything. Thus, the council can tape their own videos and send them in my direction (and credit is going to be given unless the video maker wants to remain anonymous).

Spoiler

Also, I heard your feedback on the "Meowth Day," and I decided to silently give Meowths and not announce it on Trade Chat instead of dedicate an entire day to Meowth giving. Meowth giving is going to be spontaneous.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarified my points
Just now, jerryzoo said:

@Bestfriends what are you talking about xD you gave a wonderful speech to my team at our HQ. Don't you remember? 

I could always proof read your stuff. Speeches are POWERFUL.

YouTube speeches are the way to go. The voice is a good for the connection between the community and myself.

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

YouTube speeches are the way to go. The voice is a good for the connection between the community and myself.

I agree but i expect a few in game speeches. -not saying go on global or channel and type away. I'm talking about certain special in game moments. (In the MOMENT speeches can be special in there own way)