New crit rate

52 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

I hope so. crits are gay and they serve no real pourpose.

True, but getting a crit at the right moment does feel Very satisfying. Especially when you battling against a wall team. Idk not that agree they should change or not. But i just felt like mentioning that. Besides crits and hax both suck.

(I don't even know what I'm saying don't over think it xD)

Now that im thinking a bit more it is true some new gen moves are highly increasing the crit rate

Edited by jerryzoo

crits do have a valid use. without them you can send out a curse/cm/bulk ect user with healing and spend 20 turns alternating healing and buffs. yes phasing and and such exist, however the risk of doing this is a lot greater when you have to tank 10 hits at 1/16 to curse up and sweep. makes set up more risky and changing the risk levels WILL effect the meta. you got to take time to look at the domios before knocking them over because you feel like it. 

I don't think this is any helpful to the discussion, but I find the critical hit occurrence pretty high when I play, like having 2

or 3 critical hits in a row not being anormal (accounting both sides).

Of course, this is relative, since we are just talking about rates. 

PS: I am not supporting any sides here, whatever you guys do is fine for me. RNG is still RNG after all...

Edited by Maelstrom

Personally, I wish the console games would have made it so that every hit against one enemy Pokemon increases your chance against THAT Pokemon to critical hit. Like, first hit has a 0% chance. Next hit has a 3% chance, next hit has a 6% chance, etc. up to a max of like 24% or something. If the enemy switches out, the crit % would reset. In the scenario against someone spending 30 turns setting up, it would make that be a lot more risky which is like the only place where you NEED a critical hit (unless you have Haze or Clear Smog, which are a lot less common than setting up, and if your shutdown Pokemon dies, then you're screwed lol).

It's super hard to balance RNG, though. It'll either be too weak or too good and it's impossible to find an in between imo. Even though what I wish would have been -better- imo, it wouldn't be perfect and it's the best I can think of. I do hate getting crit on my Stored Power Clefable, but in all reality it's the only way to shut it down (besides Haze/Clear Smog [if Clear Smog is working here]).

That change only changes the fact that getting crit at the worst time would make you even saltier because the rate has been decreased and yet you are still being "haxed" to death. I don't really see how changing the rate would make any happier the people always complaining about rng in a game designed to operate under high variance.