Clothing for Pokemon?

Pokemons with Clothing?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want that Feature?

Eyo, Guys!

I had been thinking about clothing for Pokemon, so i took a pokemon, in this case, a lucario and gave it 3 different clothing pieces just to make a preview
My Wish is, that Pokemon could be more individually! The only way, a Pokemon can differ its look from its species, is trough being shiny.

I want you all to think, if you would like this idea of getting built into the game or not!
And if you cant imagine that yet, here is a preview of a Lucario in a Blue Cape, with a Breeders Bandana and a green Poncho!
Click here for the Preview

If you have any Wishes, of what pokemon should wear what, tell me!

See ya :P

Edited by Digibit
  • Perry changed the title to Clothing for Pokemon?

1 minute ago, Kyklous said:

As cool as it may be, I don't think it's likely to happen. Customizing player sprites is probably already hard enough. :P

Something I do hope they add is the customizable pokeballs from gen 4. ^^

But it would be awesome if they added Pokemons with different outfits <3

You see, vanities for players are easier and faster to make because you make 1size that fits all. In pokemon case you have to do a lot of sizes

If you want to do those vanities to be like skins in other games, so for example bow can be wear only by Blastoise, Mamoswine and Shiftry then there will be no feel of customization because you will have only 2choices, with bow or without. You can add more vanity "skins", sure but think how many pokemons is out there (even if we count only fully evolved) to get their 1st vanity-skin so we can start 2nd wave and add this 3rd option of customization.

And on top of that pokemon sprites are moving(so it's not doing 1image but as many as fits in the idle animation) and not everyone uses sprites from the same generation.

This offers a little esthetic touch only after pouring a ton of work into it, where "ton" is understatement 

• Perry changed the title to Clothing for Pokemon?
1 hour ago, Digibit said:

It WOULD take a lot of time, but i think, it would be worth it, i would take part in that project too. for free!

It really would not be worth the time/effort required to do this.

I've made a long post about this in this past - but unfortunately I cannot seem to dig it up.

Right now, for standard Character Customization, I have to make 52 overworld frames for the same item, followed by 5 throw frames and up to 2 Profile frames. (Size/time ratio differs).

On average, this can take about 2 work days.

Monsters can have up to about 72 battle frames due to be animated and 8 Overworld frames (Excluding Gen V).

Now this may seem reasonable up until the point where you realize there are 649 monsters (not including forms) and each monster has an entirely different shape.

Let's be fair and average the battle frames out to 50 - that's about 32,450 Battle frames (All of Gens I-V, not including forms) and 3,944 Overworld Frames (All of Gens I-IV, not including forms) just to introduce one item.

Sure, the idea is cool; but it definitely isn't worth the effort required.