[PSL 9] Predictions Thread

This thread is to post predictions on various things, such as which managers will be selected this season, which player will be drafted first / bought for the highest price, predicting results to some hyped battles, or who'll be this season's breakout player?

Useful links:

[PSL] Hall of Fame

[PSL 9] Hype Thread

[PSL 9] Administrative Decisions

[PSL 9] Manager Signups Thread

To start things off, who do you guys think will be the 8 selected managers?

So the manager signups so far are (in the order that they signed up):

overToasted

Nahwel

Mkns

LeJovi

EVLGOON
fredrichnietze

DoctorPBJ

Kizhaz

MaeKaaay

KaynineXL

Parke

TiToooo

Sebat

SirDusty

YungTor

Tyrone

pachima

Havsha

giantpipe

EricTheGreat

ApacheCopter

BestFriends

Leggo!

My managerial predictions (not really ordered):

LeJovi

• Spoiler

This one's kind of a no brainer lol. Knows nearly the entire community in and out, professional shittalker, what more can you ask? Also got denied a spot last season for being too similar to LifeStyle lel, so second time lucky?

Kizhaz

• Spoiler

Another no brainer, a winner both as player and manager. Let's pray for yet another dank team name.

pachima

• Spoiler

He may not be as well known as other players, but I believe pachima has the potential to be a great manager. He's friendly with many of the players who are likely to signup, meaning that he will probably have his auction strategy well thought out and not buy 938748 players (see: @Torinnnnn). Also, his frequent use of gimmick Pokemon, in my opinion shows that he is not afraid to think outside the box.

KaynineXL

• Spoiler

Another proven formula, finishing 1st and unbeaten in the league stages of 2 PSLs in a row is no mean feat, also a dominant player, showing he has knowledge of the competitve scene here and could help players with teambuilding.

Havsha

• Spoiler

Havsha may seem like a surprise pick for some, but I believe he has the determination and experience (played in every PSL since season 5) needed to manage a team, assuming he doesn't get banned halfway through the season. Also diversity, first ever African manager???

MaeKaaay

• Spoiler

Mae has been a big player in PSL for the previous few seasons, consistently having great win/loss ratios, proving himself to be worthy of a managerial place

DoctorPBJ

• Spoiler

After noticing that I added quite a few "quiet" players in terms of shittalking, why not add a pro? Don't get me wrong, Doc has proven his worthiness of managerial spot, dominating Doubles over the past few seasons. Also has previous managerial experience, leading Cuboned to a not too bad 4th place, even after getting rekt by the TM26.

Parke or overToasted

• Spoiler

This last spot seems like a toss up between Parke and Toast. Both have a lot of previous playing experience and have captained teams before, however I would say Toast might have a bit of an advantage due to all his knowledge gained under the wise leadership of Coolio

Honourable Mentions:

Spoiler

fredrichnietze - Honestly I think he would be a decent manager, its just I feel like he isn't as knowledgable about the game as he used to be

giantpipe - Had a nice run last season but I didn't exactly feel like they were exemplary.

EricTheGreat - jk he trash

TL;DR Jovi Kizhaz pachi the pirate K9 Havs Mae Doc Toast

Edited by Suneet
1 hour ago, Suneet said:

aftershocker

•   Hide contents

Well known and liked player, has played every season from season 5, so he's dedicated. Good knowledge of most players here, so he would know which players to pick and which to not pick. 

Did his sign-up get removed or something? I don't see it.

Manager picks (this isn't who I think will get picked, but who I think should get picked)

No brainers:

1. Toast

2. Jovi

3. PBJ

4. Maekaaay

5. Havsha

6. GiantPipe

Toss ups (not in order)

7. Kaynine

7. Goon

7. Kizhaz

7. Tyrone

7. Eric

Special mention: if Apache reveals his actual identity I'll put him on the list

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.