Jump to content
Terresa

Unoffical community event

Recommended Posts

Terresa   

                    

Pokémon list

 

  • Squirtle
  • Farfetch'd
  • Scyther
  • Tauros
  • Magmar
  • Chikorita
  • Beldum
  • Misdrevaus
  • Sneasel
  • Mantine
  • Miltank
  • Relicanth
  • Nosepass
  • Kangaskhan
  • Absol
  • Lapras
  • Lickitung
  • Treecko
  • Electabuzz
  • Jynx

                              

 

                                                 Unoffical community event

                                                                  1FvBoxe.png

 

I just received a phone call from Professor Oak and he told me that his PokeDex needs to be completed. The problem is that the professor is busy writing a scientific article for the The PokeMMO Times. He needs your help in catching some of the pokemon he is missing in his PokeDex. Will you be able to help him achieve that goal?

 

The event will take place on Saturday (13.01) and will go from 9pm - 10pm GMT.

Please change to ch7, the hosts will be there.

The hosts will post the list in channel and global chat.

It will be an open community event, everyone will be invited to take part in it.

 

The hostes will be:

  1. Terresa
  2. Billa       TheChampionMike (had to call it off)
  3. Gilan
  4. Bearminator (waiting for confirmation)

 

Upfront, TheChampionMike has received all the event prizes and he will be the one handing them out to the lucky winners.

 

The procedure of the catching event

  1. A list of 20 different Pokémons will be released in this thread and in channel/global channel, once the catching event starts. The goal is to catch as many Pokémons as possible off the list. You will have a total amount of 60 minutes.
  2. Once the event starts, the hosts will release the list of Pokémons.
  3. Each contestant will have to try to catch as many Pokémons as possible, before the time runs out. 1 point for each different Pokémon you caught off that list.
  4. Once the time is up, each player has 30 minutes (deadline is at 10:30pm GMT) to link their Pokémons to the event hosts (listed above). Don't trade/list your Pokémons before the winners have been announced.
  5. The hosts will evaluate if the contestant followed the rules and will note down their score - this may take sometime.
  6. Once the hosts have finished evaluating, the winners will be announced.

 

Rules of the event

  1. The Pokémons must contain the players OT.
  2. The Pokémons have to be caught in the given timeframe.
  3. Players are not allowed to buy any Pokémons off the game corner.
  4. Hatched Pokémons do not count.
  5. Catching multiple of the same Pokémons off the list will only cound as 1 point.
  6. In case of a draw between 2 ore more players, they will enter one last round. A Pokémon will be anncouced by TheChampionMike. The first one to catch it will win over the other player/s.
  7. If a player manages to  catch all 20, please notify a host and link them. If the rules were followed, he will be declared the winner.

 

Things to take into consideration

  1. The contestants have completed the Hoenn and Kanto storyline and have access to all parts of those regions.
  2. HM's like fly, strength, cut, waterfall... will be required.
  3. The contestants are aware of the locations of the Pokémons.
  4. Please make sure to link your Pokémons to one host otherwise it's hard to keep track.

 

 

 

 

Prizes

  1. 10,000,000$
  2. 1 x 30 day donator status, 1 x 15 day donator status, 1 x 7 day donator status + all ocarinas
  3. 3 x Shiny Tentacool/ Tentacruel

 

 

Winners

1. TowerTycoon

2. XRDZIIN

3. DigiSuperMasa

 

 

 

 

Enjoy!

 

Special thank's to Bestfriends =) !

Edited by Terresa

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Terresa said:
  • The Pokémons have to be caught according to the order of the list. It's not allowed to jump from nr. 1 to nr.5, if that is the case, the player will not be eligible for the prize.

i see a problem with this. each individual judge would have to check the dates of every pokemon caught and then figure out the order they were caught in. since we are talking up to 20 pokemon per contestant this could very easily take a long time and it would be very easy to make a mistake. maybe 5 minutes per player. and with a 10 mil 1rst prize you could easily get hundreds of players. judging would take multiple hours of people waiting in line for the judge to verify and record everything. it would be longer then the event itself.

 

if you could catch them in any order all the judge has to check is "was this caught between time X and time Z and was it caught or hatched" then count up the points. it would still take a lot of time as each player has to link up to 20 pokemon, but it would be a lot quicker with less errors.

 

54 minutes ago, Terresa said:

No repel tricks are possible.

this is just not enforceable. how would you know? and statistically you CAN go 500 steps without a encounter its just very unlikely, its very hard to prove.

 

but yea overall good event sounds fun  

 

 

you also might want to keep the list of 20 secret until the start of the event

Edited by fredrichnietze

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
8 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

If you could catch them in any order all the judge has to check is "was this caught between time X and time Z and was it caught or hatched" then count up the points. it would still take a lot of time as each player has to link up to 20 pokemon, but it would be a lot quicker with less errors.

 

this is just not enforceable. how would you know? and statistically you CAN go 500 steps without a encounter its just very unlikely, its very hard to prove.

 

but yea overall good event sounds fun  

 

 

you also might want to keep the list of 20 secret until the start of the event

You are probably right, it would take too long for the staff to check all the applications.

I will change the list of the Pokèmons and and release them once the event starts, there will be no order.

 

The prize is no problem, I would like to keep it that way. If any member of staff would like to help run the event, she/he will be announced in the thread and will claim the prizes to make it legit.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Alright first of all I always love new event ideas as they give a different experience outside the regular gameplay so I am always down to help out. The thing is, and I don't mean to be rude but, really all you're doing is supplying the prizes and the idea. But you do not actually host it from what I can tell. Now this is your event, in the event of something weird or whatever happening we, as staff, wouldn't know what to do since we did not create the event ourselves. I am more than welcome to assist you with this but you do need to be the primary host and with that I mean answer most of the questions and explain the rules etc.

 

The event itself is a decent idea, I like it at least. But I do believe there should be some adjustments to it. It would be an actual pain to check if every entry is legal and within the rules. It would be way better to just say the 20 Pokemon. Give the players a certain time limit and they need to catch as many as possible, perhaps make a point system in place for species that are harder to catch and or encounter so it is as fair as possible.

 

Other than that I like it, and would probably be able to give a hand depending on the date.

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
15 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Alright first of all I always love new event ideas as they give a different experience outside the regular gameplay so I am always down to help out. The thing is, and I don't mean to be rude but, really all you're doing is supplying the prizes and the idea. But you do not actually host it from what I can tell. Now this is your event, in the event of something weird or whatever happening we, as staff, wouldn't know what to do since we did not create the event ourselves. I am more than welcome to assist you with this but you do need to be the primary host and with that I mean answer most of the questions and explain the rules etc.

 

The event itself is a decent idea, I like it at least. But I do believe there should be some adjustments to it. It would be an actual pain to check if every entry is legal and within the rules. It would be way better to just say the 20 Pokemon. Give the players a certain time limit and they need to catch as many as possible, perhaps make a point system in place for species that are harder to catch and or encounter so it is as fair as possible.

 

Other than that I like it, and would probably be able to give a hand depending on the date.

I will be happy to run the event and answer any questions. It would be a pain to check all the results, therefore it will be a list of 20 Pokémons (I will change them of course) and the order they are caught in does not matter.

 

I would be more then happy if you could assist me (checking results).

Any recommendations about a suitable time?

I will trade you all the prizes, so no one doubts if the catching event is legit.

Edited by Terresa

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Terresa said:

It would be more then happy if you could assist me (checking results).

Any recommendations about a suitable time?

I will trade you all the prizes, so no one doubts if the catching event is legit.

Preferably in a weekend and the time doesn't really matter for me. It should probably be scheduled outside of an official so as many people can join since the prize pool is very big. Also just trade me the prizes whenever the event happens since there is no entry fee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
18 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Preferably in a weekend and the time doesn't really matter for me. It should probably be scheduled outside of an official so as many people can join since the prize pool is very big. Also just trade me the prizes whenever the event happens since there is no entry fee. 

May I send you the prizes now? So you can declare the event legit?

I will post a new thread with a nice intro and some grafics.

 

Only a suitable time has to be announced. Preferable Saturday?

Edited by Terresa

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Terresa said:

May I send you the prizes now? So you can declare the event legit?

I will post a new thread with a nice intro and some grafics.

 

Only a suitable time has to be announced. Preferable Saturday?

Don't really see a reason for me to get the prize right now but if you are scared of people not think it is legit please mail everything to me. So I can claim everything before the event itself so I don't get confused with my own stuff. Saturday is fine yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
5 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Don't really see a reason for me to get the prize right now but if you are scared of people not think it is legit please mail everything to me. So I can claim everything before the event itself so I don't get confused with my own stuff. Saturday is fine yeah

I have send you all the prizes, if you could confirm it, that would be great.

 

I will start working on a thread. Could you recommend a time on Saturday?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Terresa said:

I have send you all the prizes, if you could confirm it, that would be great.

 

I will start working on a thread. Could you recommend a time on Saturday?

Any time that would fit you is fine by me. Aslong as it isn't something like 2am GMT - 8am GMT.

 

And just to confirm I got everything

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
7 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Any time that would fit you is fine by me. Aslong as it isn't something like 2am GMT - 8am GMT.

 

And just to confirm I got everything

9pm GMT Saturday night if that doesn't collude with any offical event.

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
7 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

best ivs win?

Player who caught most Pokémons from the list (and followed the rules) in 90 minutes, IV's do not matter, wins.

I will write out the event again to make everything clear.

If you managed to catch 15 Pokémon out of the 20 Pokémons (which I will spam in chat once the event starts) and the Player below (2nd highest amount) you only caught 14, you win first place.

Edited by Terresa

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Terresa said:

Player who caught most Pokémons off the list (and followed the rules) in 90 minutes, IV's do not matter.

I will write out the event again to make everything clear.

If you managed to catch 15 Pokémon out of the 20 and the one below you only caught 14, you won first place.

oh it's  a scaravenge hunt

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Terresa said:

You are probably right, it would take too long for the staff to check all the applications.

I will change the list of the Pokèmons and and release them once the event starts, there will be no order.

 

The prize is no problem, I would like to keep it that way. If any member of staff would like to help run the event, she/he will be announced in the thread and will claim the prizes to make it legit.

 

what is this. someone actually listening to constructive criticism and not telling me to fuck off? 

wJp2DqE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Gilan   

What would make this easier to judge would be if judges were assigned 6 pokemon each.

 

For example, Mike could take pokemon 1-6, I take pokemon 7-12, and the host takes pokemon 13-18 (plus the last two I guess). Then the participants link their pokemon to their corresponding judges. So if a participant caught pokemon 1,9, 17, and 20, then they would link pokemon 1 to Mike, pokemon 9 to me, and 17 and 20 to the event host (Terresa). Otherwise, it seems like a big pain for Mike.

 

I should also be available this saturday and would be willing to help, will know for sure later tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
1 minute ago, Gilan said:

What would make this easier to judge would be if judges were assigned 6 pokemon each.

 

For example, Mike could take pokemon 1-6, I take pokemon 7-12, and the host takes pokemon 13-18 (plus the last two I guess). Otherwise, it seems like a big pain for Mike.

 

I should also be available this saturday and would be willing to help, will know for sure later tonight.

It would be wonderful if you can join us! =)

Like you said, it would defiantly be easier if split the list between the 3-4 of us (waiting for one more confirmation, then the host team is decided).

If we communicate it accordingly ingame, it should make things easier for us.

 

I will be working on the forum thread for the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Terresa   
1 hour ago, TheBlueExorcist said:

In :o When?

I have updated the description.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.