PokeMMO Gameplay size

Recently i started playing on an other computer and now i have a problem with my gameplay-screen-size. I think it's too small and i want to know if there is a way to make it larger. I've added a picture below to show the problem. I want to make the red arrows smaller (less black space) and the green arrow largers (more gameplay space). I've searched at the forum and i only found solutions that change the entire settings of my computer, but i only want to change the pokeMMO-settings....

Spoiler

250m3ra.png

18 minutes ago, athelstan said:

I want to make the red arrows smaller (less black space) and the green arrow largers (more gameplay space). I've searched at the forum and i only found solutions that change the entire settings of my computer, but i only want to change the pokeMMO-settings....

It doesn't exactly work this way, even if we theoretically allowed players to zoom in (Which for the record, would look horrible - as the character sprites are not at the same ratio as the GBA regions, meaning they'd look horribly distorted), but also this would zoom you in further on all of the other maps; so while you might have less black space in the map you've shown above (This map is actually intentionally designed to be surrounded by black), everything else would be much closer to the screen, and you'd see less of the world.

tl;dr: Unfortunately this is not a feature that we offer.

3 minutes ago, athelstan said:

But that would change my screen-settings outside pokeMMO too, right? Because my screen-settings outside of pokeMMO are fine and i fear they will be worse if i change my sreen-resolution-settings...

Yes.

you can play the game in a virtual machine and set the virtual machine screen size to whatever size you want. it takes up more resources this way, but you can in short put the game in a window of any size you desire. i would suggest virtualbox and a vm from here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/ which is free. after you get everything the way you want, make a snapshot and whne the license gets close to expiring load the old snapshot which resets it.

I really think this is something that should be corrected, we should be able to scale the proportions of things like this to a small degree but not be able zoom in so far that your player becomes massive. This problem is amplified in unova especially since your character size is directly related to the PokeMMO window size. In unova the bigger monitor you have the larger and more distorted your character becomes. You can see this by adjusting the size of your client in Unova - the smaller the window size the more proportional your character and the game in general becomes, but make it too small and one eye is suddenly bigger than the other and things are out of proportion again. Because of this, the game looks 10x better and more to scale to me on my 1440x900 monitor than on my 1920x1080 monitor or my laptop screen and I tend to play on a smaller monitor now because of how weird it looks in unova on a big monitor. There should be a way to lock in a certain scale so that things don't become distorted (without using some kind of 3rd party application or changing your entire desktop's screen resolution, making everything look like trash).  If I had to play on my laptop screen all the time it would bug the crap out of me. Thankfully I have options and can choose which monitor I use but there's prob a ton of players who don't have that choice and have to settle for their whole screen/computer looking bad or running a 3rd party app.

Here's some examples of what I mean unova:

1920x1080:                                                       1440x900:

JeqUg0c.png

Smaller Laptop resolution:

3zF6ejW.png

• 4 years later...
On 1/11/2018 at 12:56 PM, athelstan said:

Recently i started playing on an other computer and now i have a problem with my gameplay-screen-size. I think it's too small and i want to know if there is a way to make it larger. I've added a picture below to show the problem. I want to make the red arrows smaller (less black space) and the green arrow largers (more gameplay space). I've searched at the forum and i only found solutions that change the entire settings of my computer, but i only want to change the pokeMMO-settings....

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure what the solution was back in the day, but as a new player I found the option that instantly fixes this horrible zoomed display:

Settings -> video -> NDS Reduced FOV
uncheck this awful default setting.  :D