[PSL] Playoffs Suggestion

[PSL] Playoffs Suggestion  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What Playoffs System do you prefer?

• The Current Playoffs System
    • The Suggested Playoffs System

25 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Not sure I like auto-wins. Taking matches away from the PSL defeats the whole purpose of the league imo.

Alternatively if you made 1v4 2v3 5v8 6v7, loser of 5v8 and 6v7 are gone and winner faces the loser of 1v4 2v3 next week. Then so on the winners advance. This adds an extra week but at least gives advantage to a top half finish whilst still keeping all matches

loves some nrl

5 hours ago, gbwead said:

I was thinking that the bans should be made before lineups are announced, so that both managers can select their top players for the remaining tiers and the spectators get to see higher quality duels. However, I was just presenting the idea, it's completly up for discussion. What would you prefer?

I don't think that is necessary.

Agreed, definitely would like the higher quality duels... especially for playoffs. Target banning players also sucks, puts extra emphasis on getting a multi-talented MVP player too

12 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Not sure I like auto-wins. Taking matches away from the PSL defeats the whole purpose of the league imo.

Alternatively if you made 1v4 2v3 5v8 6v7, loser of 5v8 and 6v7 are gone and winner faces the loser of 1v4 2v3 next week. Then so on the winners advance. This adds an extra week but at least gives advantage to a top half finish whilst still keeping all matches

I feel like the regular season wouldn't be that important if we were doing that. The team who finished last could "wake up" during the playoff and the team who finished first wouldn't be so advantaged. Moreover a team could totally throw matches with that system since the last team would have an easier bracket than the first one.

Anyway i really like the gb's suggestion personally, more hype till the end

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.