Outrage Base power

Outrage Base power is still 90,

Pre update i was told that it was 90 so that Flygon could remain OU instead of rocketing to ubers

But now since the meta has change, and ALOT of steel types have came into the top flight, i think Outrage should have its rightful base power, because otherwise its a useless move to have because of its drawbacks.

Ferrothorn is literally the most Used pokemon right now, according to usage stats with magnezone and scizor and skamory not far from it,

I cant run a physical kingdra wihtout it getting completely blocked by a steel  type. While i understand that outrage might make a few dragons practically broken, there are also some dragons that actually need outrage to utilize their full potential. Like Haxorus and kingdra and at this point perhaps even flygon.

So isnt there an option of a complex ban like youve planned for Hydreigon + Draco meteor?

1 minute ago, barfeelaadmi said:

Ferrothorn is literally the most Used pokemon right now, according to usage stats with magnezone and scizor and skamory not far from it,

I cant run a physical kingdra wihtout it getting completely blocked by a steel  type. While i understand that outrage might make a few dragons practically broken, there are also some dragons that actually need outrage to utilize their full potential. Like Haxorus and kingdra and at this point perhaps even flygon.

So isnt there an option of a complex ban like youve planned for Hydreigon + Draco meteor?

Hydreigon + Draco is only banned because there was a prize given with Draco as an option. So it would be unfair for that 1 Hydreigon to use Draco whilst none others can since the Tutor doesn't exist yet. It will be unbanned once it does exist

32 minutes ago, barfeelaadmi said:

So your point is, you want outrage as 120 bp, just to make some shitty drakes be top tier OU material, even if it means it makes the rest of the dragons uber-like?

Ohkay.

3 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Hydreigon + Draco is only banned because there was a prize given with Draco as an option. So it would be unfair for that 1 Hydreigon to use Draco whilst none others can since the Tutor doesn't exist yet. It will be unbanned once it does exist

I see. Outrage on pleb mons is nerfed cause uber material but draco meteor hydreigon, which is >>> will be unbanned.

Ok.

Just now, pachima said:

There´s almost no reason for the nerf too and the nerf is here, but ok.

7 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Base 120 Outrage makes dragons too OP, Uber in some sense. You would basically have to run a steel type just to stop Outrage spam, and even then Magnezone is a thing that exists. It wouldn't be a fun meta with 120bp Outrage

Just now, pachima said:

Im fairly sure if we had one month of testing, this would prove untruth. You can´t just underestimate how much of a drawback being locked in this tier is. 

Also, if you wanna something Uber material, why the fuck Hydreigon keeps rampaging in OU?

We had more than a month of testing on the test server, it was too op.

14 minutes ago, Opte said:

If there is no reason to run it over dclaw then don't.

???????? yeah because getting completely rid of one of the moves that made competitive pokemon what it is would be a perfectly fine idea :). And while why are at it why dont make scald 60 bp so no one uses it over surf either?

Also, we dont have moxie mence and that alone deters the 'op'ness of outrage.

and no pachima, I don't see no hydreig rampaging ou anywhere

Edited by FNTCZ
Just now, Kizhaz said:

We had more than a month of testing on the test server, it was too op.

Oh yeah, the test server. That one with half the stuff we have.  How could I forget.

Still see no reason to why outrage is nerfed and hydreigon is not. That shit is legit much more threateningly than any other dragon that abuses outrage.

Being locked in outrage means easy revenge killing at worst, even in the worst scenario of the opponent not having a steel type to check. Of course if he doesnt have a steel type to check, haxorus still steamrolls the whole tier with or without outrage. 

I am not saying outrage is bad, and will certainly buff some dragons, but as far as I have looked into, flygon in UU would be the only massive boosted dragon out of this. And I dont think nerfing one move because one mon is the way to go. Salamence too at some extent, but that shit is so easy to revenge killing due to not being able to switch anyway.

1 minute ago, FNTCZ said:

and f u pachima I see no hydreig ramping ou anywhere

You must be blind. Everytime Hydreigon comes in you are forced to sac something (Unless you goddly god tier player, with predicts every turn), which is something not one of the outrage abuser mons can quite do so well.

10 minutes ago, pachima said:

Oh yeah, the test server. That one with half the stuff we have.  How could I forget.

Still see no reason to why outrage is nerfed and hydreigon is not. That shit is legit much more threateningly than any other dragon that abuses outrage.

Being locked in outrage means easy revenge killing at worst, even in the worst scenario of the opponent not having a steel type to check. Of course if he doesnt have a steel type to check, haxorus still steamrolls the whole tier with or without outrage. 

I am not saying outrage is bad, and will certainly buff some dragons, but as far as I have looked into, flygon in UU would be the only massive boosted dragon out of this. And I dont think nerfing one move because one mon is the way to go. Salamence too at some extent, but that shit is so easy to revenge killing due to not being able to switch anyway.

The bug team as well as the tier council had access to the test server prior to the update. This was to test such things as the power of Outrage, so in short, yes the test server did have everything we currently have.

Regarding Hydreigon, sounds like something you should be bringing up here

8 minutes ago, pachima said:

Except hydreigon 2hkoes the whole tier without relevant changes on the moveset. Either way, this is about outrage, not Hydreigon, and I still think a month of testing would prove whether we are right or not. One month of testing in pts is worth nothing lol.

You know what other pokemon 2hkos the whole tier? medicham. medicham for ubers pls.

But ye, the thread is about outrage, you were the one who started discussing hydreig. Anyways, I am not saying outrage should go back to its original bp, but 100, 105 or 110 or somewhere inbetween might just work. right now there is literally no reason to pick outrage over dclaw and for a competitive pokemon game that statement is plain sad.

Among other things,  we will be getting sash soon and that is another form to rk dangerous sweepers locked into outrage. also by the time of the pts tests no abilities were working at all so I dont know how that "test" is any sort of an argument either.

Edited by FNTCZ

The fact that Salamence/Haxorus/Dragonite are barely complained about (if complained about at all) compared to other threats like Reun, Volc, Conk, Hydreigon, and the trappers yet still remain noticeable threats, proves that keeping Outrage at 90 BP has made them balanced, so I doubt it's getting buffed any time soon. Sorry about that physical Kingdra that wouldn't really use Outrage to break past steel types in the first place.

2 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

???????? yeah because getting completely rid of one of the moves that made competitive pokemon what it is would be a perfectly fine idea :). And while why are at it why dont make scald 60 bp so no one uses it over surf either?

Also, we dont have moxie mence and that alone deters the 'op'ness of outrage.

and no pachima, I don't see no hydreig rampaging ou anywhere

We're actually reconsidering adding Moxie Mence since after keeping Outrage nerfed it seems far more manageable.

6 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

I am not saying outrage should go back to its original bp, but 100, 105 or 110 or somewhere inbetween might just work.

Sorry but I really, REALLY doubt the devs would ever change stuff to some stats that never existed, Outrage was base 90 until Gen 4, after that it was buffed to 120.

If they are willing to change moves to arbitrary numbers, then why don't we just nerf Mewtwo speed and spa, nerf Lugia defenses and remove drizzle from Kyogre once they are all implemented.