[PSL9] Administrative Decisions

Announcement:

• Sleep Clause will hereby be implemented into all Doubles matches for the remainder of the PSL9 season.
  • Porygon-Z will hereby be banned from UU for the remainder of the PSL9 season.
  • Week 5 will be our last week for trades. The deadline will be Sunday, 5pm EST. Considering this, all players will be eligible for trade throughout Week 5 and will be activated for their new teams beginning Week 6. This includes captains and anyone listed as "untradeable" at the beginning of the season. 

These decisions were discussed and agreed upon by myself and the Medium Council. We also discussed a possible midseason break with an "all-star" week where we pit the best of the best from each tier against one another for cash prizes, but ultimately we decided to just move forward. 

Good luck and enjoy! @KaynineXL you may now lock this thread. Thank you. 

Announcement:

• Changes from the most recent PokeMMO Update will be implemented in the PSL starting immediately. Any new mechanics, items, or features added can be used in Week 5 and forward. 
  • Considering we lost a dear friend of ours last night, I would appreciate everyone taking a moment of silence for Channel 7. It was the most prestigious Channel of them all and it provided us all with a lot of entertainment over the years. 
  • With that said, all in-game duels will now be held on Channel 4. 

@Bilburt thank you, you may now lock this thread. 

Trade Announcement:

Reminder, the trade deadline will be in 5 hours and 15 minutes when the Week 5 thread closes. Good luck!

@Bilburt thank you, this may be locked once again. 

Announcement:

• While illegal in tournament play, the use of Pokemon less than level 50 will be allowed in the PSL.
  • The rule was originally implemented in tournaments to avoid novice players who are not prepared for tournaments from joining; for example a casual player with a team of Lvl 37 Fearow, Lvl 12 Charmander, Lvl 49 Butterfree, etc. 
  • The rule was not implemented in tournaments to prohibit the use of the F.E.A.R. strategy.

@KaynineXL thanks brah, you can lock this thread now. 

Announcement:

• There is ~30 minutes until the end of the Week 7 deadline, and the two remaining matches have no impact on the standings. 
  • Other than a single post by @TJXD there is no proof that a time was agreed upon between him and @Bluejim and thus this match will end in a "no contest" if this does not take place. I'm sure both parties agree that this is fair. 
  • @Linken waited several hours for @xStarr until finally going to sleep. @Kizhaz made a late sub in hopes of catching Linken, but alas he was already offline. If this match does not take place, a "no contest" will be called.
  • Our final standings are as follows:
    1. One Punch Ape 
    2. The Shooting Seelniles
    3. The Tenacious Tentacruels
    4. The Ruthless Rattatas
    5. Roy Rogers INC
    6. Black Beatles
    7. The GOONS
    8. The B-Team
  • Here is a link to our PSL9 Playoffs: https://challonge.com/psl9playoffs
  • Both One Punch Ape and The Shooting Seelniles have earned a playoff bye. The remaining teams will compete in Round 1 this coming week, which will begin once managers have submitted their rosters. 
  • Roster submission deadline is Monday, March 19th at 12pm PDT. 
  • Season awards and prizes will be announced in the coming week. 

@Bilburt You can lock this thread, thank you. 

Announcement: 

• Congratulations to our regular season award winners! It was a tough race, but each of these players are very much deserving of the awards listed. 
  • jn8zb0c.gif @LKrenz
    • 7-0 against stiff competition, Lkrenz was easily the number one player in the overused tier this season. It's rare that someone goes undefeated in our most commonly played and likely most competitive tier. 

• 2b7l6NT.gif @Axelgor

• 6-1 in a wild underused tier, Axellgor stepped up time and time again to nab wins for his team. 

• iDVB2An.gif @Nawe

• A surprise doubles champion in my opinion, Nahwel stepped up and did an amazing job in a strong doubles field this season. 

• FdEiOAe.gif @Linken

• Linken was the hax master of DPP this season, but little can be said when he came out victorious time and time again. Using little variation from match-to-match it takes quite a bit of skill to avoid the counter teams thrown at him. Sadly, we never did see a Pikachu this season. 

• 82gRo1v.gif @DaftCoolio

• A savage when it comes to using Mudbray, Coolio carried Roy Rogers INC in the LC tier and won week in and week out. The man just couldn't be stopped and continues to plow through the competition with an early win in the playoffs. Respeckk on his name. Glory to Meinfoo!

• BYjYZH0.gif @LKrenz

• It was difficult having to choose between two 7-0 players, but Lkrenz gets the nod over Elcoolio for not only winning every match but also being the captain of his team and helping his teammates when they needed him. No slight against my man hiss hiss, but Lkrenz was the real MVP this season. 

• Jt9MNfS.gif @Nawe

• Again, another difficult award to choose, but Nahwel won the popular vote with his star doubles play and good sportsmanship throughout. Here's to hoping Nahwel can carry this into the playoffs and into future seasons as well!

• 8bETlsh.gif @MknsZblex

• It's really hard to argue against a 6-1 record with a +14 in the points differential. Mkns really knew what he was doing when it came to the auction and pulled off an amazing run this season for the number one seed. Players on his team were all very confident in his managerial skills and spoke extremely highly of him. He helped in many ways and was just an all around good dude. Shout out for being the best manager despite me leaving you off my initial Top 8 for the manager selection! You proved me wrong brah.

@KaynineXL you may lock this thread now. Ty. 

Announcement:

• Considering the recent tier changes linked below, any ties that might occur in the semifinals will be played using the March tier lists. Although, the new tier lists will be enforced during the finals. 

• Kizhaz locked this topic
  • Munya unlocked this topic

The Small Council has received evidence that extensive coaching has taken place within The Ruthless Rattatas team this season of PSL. The match between Barrage and Giantpipe during the Quarterfinals week is the specific match we have evidence on, but we have reason to believe extensive coaching has occurred throughout the entire season of PSL involving certain players. DoubleJ is the main offender in this case, in addition to Barrage, who allowed himself to be coached during this match. DoubleJ told him play-by-play what to do throughout the match. This is unacceptable behavior, especially by the PSL host, who should be upholding the rules that he created.

The magnitude of the punishment has not been decided entirely, but the Council has decided that DoubleJ and Barrage will receive a ban from playing this week, and thus, will need to be subbed out as soon as possible. Further punishments may come later, but we are undecided at this time on what the appropriate course of action is. These possible punishments will be announced after the season is over. 

This will set a new precedent in PSL, as there has been no serious discourse for coaching in the past. At times, coaching has almost felt ubiquitous in the MMO environment, and the fact that the host of PSL was willing to break these rules shows that the current rules and punishment for coaching was not enough incentive to not partake in coaching. The risk versus reward of coaching made it too easy to make that decision to break the rules and coach, as worst case scenario, a person would get a one week ban and the match involved would be a rematch. In future seasons of PSL, I hope to see a decrease in the amount of coaching. I understand PSL is a team-based event, but the cooperation between people needs to be before and after a match, not during. 

The person who revealed this evidence to us will not be punished, even though they were participating in this coaching environment as well. We do not want to disincentivize other players from coming forward who have witnessed coaching. In the end, we strive for a fair game, where the better player wins most of the time, not whoever has the better coach. 

Have a nice day, PokeMMO'ers.

Tagging Affected Individuals: @Parke @DoubleJ @Barrage @DoctorPBC

Announcement:

• It has come to my attention that information has been leaked by a teammate of mine on the Ruthless Rattatas which features me calling moves for Barrage during his match against Giantpipe in the Quarterfinals with Roy Rogers INC. This information was presented in the form of screenshots of our group chat on discord and was shared with several members of the community, as well as with the small council. 
  • In light of this information, there is little I can do to defend myself here. I was helping Barrage with his match by offering my insight, suggestions in play, and calcs. Barrage is a talented player and can surely think for himself, and my role was no more than spewing out plays in a discord chat he was largely ignoring. Have you ever tried to read discord and play at the same time? It's a shit show. 
  • Regardless, I have made the decision to suspend myself for the finals because of my actions and because a precedent was established when we suspended MadaraSixSix for doing the same thing in Week 1. 
  • Are we missing an opportunity to see a highly anticipated match-up between myself and LifeStyle? Yes we are, but even the host can't escape these iron fists. I have also decided to take action myself rather than put the responsibility on the hands of my small council. 
  • It should also be known that when this information was first presented, the small council and myself decided to address it once the season ended. Unfortunately for me, these screens have been shared throughout the community by unknown players and there have been several requests to take action. Personally, this information should have been revealed during the Semifinals when it was first presented and we could have taken action then. Instead, we are hurting a premiere finals match-up by taking action late. 
  • In my defense, I will state this: while inherently wrong, coaching is present throughout the PSL. Season to season. I have witnessed teammates coach and I have heard members of my PSL teams admit to their In-Game teams coaching other players. Speaking with the Small Council, I made accusations against them and their in-game teams without their denial. This is an epidemic within this most prestigious event and something that will not change because there is no way to regulate coaching. There are simply too many modalities for which it can be done.
  • I would also like to add that the small council and I had also discussed simply allowing coaching in future seasons. I personally didn't like the idea, but if it already happens, why not just make it an accepted thing? Prideful players and talented players will continue to be their own player. Consider coaching the marijuana of the PSL. 
  • Finally, I will be donating my winnings this season to PSL10. This will also be my final season hosting this event. 

tl;dr DoubleJ has been suspended for the finals for attempted coaching during the quarterfinals. 

@Munya you may lock this thread. Thank you.

#ironfists

• Munya locked this topic

10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

As my last action as host, I will be passing my responsibility and title as host to @LKrenz. I am unaware whether Lkrenz was actively involved in the decisions made by Gbwead and Burntzebra, but I feel he is an unbiased voice for our community. I leave Lkrenz the responsibility to make the decisions I had previously and to carry on the legacy of the PSL for this final week.

A decision has been taken.

@Barrage will be banned from psl. Screens shows that @DoubleJ was talking with someone while the match was happening. If he wasn't coaching Barrage directly, clearly he was talking to someone else, and we can assume that person was telling barrage what to do.

Also, I'll allow @Parke to sub both of his players and continue this final week. We(@BurntZebra , @gbwead and myself) disscussed about a possible rematch of quarterfinals, but due all the conflicts and his impact, we just want this season to end.

A NEW BIASED HOST HAS ARRIVED. HYPEEEE.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Announcement:

• As the host of PSL9, it has become apparent that there is an exponential number of coaching incidents throughout the season, which includes myself and further allegations against other members of my small council as well as many other players and managers. I admit my guilt and a few others have done the same. 
  • Considering this, I have returned all donations and will be voiding this season. I apologize for everything that has happened and I apologize for being a cheater myself. 
  • I used Rigamorty's donation of 5.2M this season to cover the mail expenses to all donators, the payment for MaatthewMLG and his sigs. Any remaining funds will be made available for a future event. 
  • This was not the outcome you donated to and I am extremely sorry that this has all taken place. I hope we can move on and look forward to a future where the PokeMMO Super League is a clean and competitive event.