[PSL9] Administrative Decisions

What is this?

This is a thread dedicated to posting formal decisions decided upon by the host and his/her small council for PSL Season 9. 

Why?

This provides an easy way to view administrative decisions without the clutter of sifting through endless comments.

Who will moderate?

My trusty friend @Munya will have the power to open and close this thread when decisions need to posted.

Rules?

If you are not the host, a member of the small council, or an otherwise approved person, don't post here. 

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unlocked this topic

Announcement:

• The following tiers/formats have been chosen for the PSL9 Season
    • Overused
    • Overused
    • Overused w/ Team Preview
    • Underused
    • Underused
    • Doubles
    • Showdown DPP
    • Showdown Gen 5 LC
  • Overused w/ Team Preview will require competing players to announce the six Pokemon they intend on using in normal chat just prior to starting their match. Their lead is not dependent on the order that they announce. In addition, players will need to forward a PM to the PSL Council prior to the start of their match which includes the six Pokemon they intend on using and the items they will contain too. This will prevent players from quickly switching from Leftovers to Shed Hull should their opponent announce a trapper such as Dugtrio or Magnezone. 
  • Showdown Gen 5 LC will be replaced with PokeMMO LC if Eviolite is introduced prior to the start of Week 5. If not, we will finish the season using this Showdown tier. 
    • The Polls revealed that many of the interested SMOU Players overlapped with the DPP Player-base, which we did not like. There was also adequate interest in LC with many players dedicated to this tier only. 
    • We discussed introducing several new formats such as PokeMMO Rentals, PokeMMO VGC, PokeMMO Randoms, and Monotype, but ultimately they were either too gimmicky or too complicated. 

@Munya, Thank you. 

Edited by DoubleJ
  • Bilburt locked this topic

Announcement:

The "Manager Sign-Up" thread will be closed earlier than expected due to a decrease in application submission recently. The thread will be closed this Saturday at 12pm PST, with announcement of selected managers later that evening or Sunday morning. 

Please inform anyone whom might still want to apply that the deadline is looming.

@Munya you may lock this thread. 

Announcement:

• Gen 5 LC has been removed from the tier/format options and has been replaced by Gen 7 LC
    • I actually overlooked the fact that there was no ladder and thus we probably should have a format for which we could actually practice. 
  • @LKrenz has declined a position as manager and has instead been named to my Small Council in order to better connect with the Spanish-speaking community of PokeMMO.
  • @DoctorPBC is still banned.

@KaynineXL thank you my son, you may lock this thread now. 

Announcement:

• PSL9 Managers:
  • This was one hell of a manager selection process. Never have I hosted a PSL where my small council was so big (upgraded to medium). I was terrified of what could happen, but fortunately, we handled this process like gents (aside from a bit of Riga v Gb fighting yesterday). 
  • The initial selection saw each of us pick our final "8" managers from the 23 that had signed up. From those, we selected any managers that were on every member of the medium council's final 8. Toast and Kay were the only players to win the automatic bid and get put on the board. We also eliminated anyone with a single vote or no votes from the original 23. Of note, Fred and Havsha each received one vote.
  • The second round was even more difficult, but we then looked at any players that had 4 votes, or rather, any players that were on 4 of the 5 submitted Final 8. We each shared why we didn't vote for that person and then the managers voted for 3 of the 4. The only player who received 5 votes was LeJovi, and thus he made it onto the board. These players were Doc, Mae, Kizhaz, and Jovi.
  • The third round resulted in a combination of the remaining 3 with 4 votes and the 4 with 3 votes from the original "Final 8" phase. These players were Kizhaz, Maekaaay, Doc, Parke, Goon, Forf, and Mkns. We then each voted for 5 of these 7. Mkns was the only player to receive a vote from everyone and thus was added to the big board. Forf had the fewest votes and was eliminated. 
  • We then selected 4 of the remaining 5, but unfortunately no player was on every list and every player had the same number of votes. This was because we each picked someone different to leave off. Gb finally relinquished his vote against Kizhaz, and thus Kiz was moved onto the big board. 
  • We finally came to the 5th and final round with Doc, Parke, Goon, and Maekaaay remaining. We each ranked those 4 from most preferred to least, and awarded points for each ranking. 3 points for most preferred, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd, and none for least. 
    • DoctorPBJ received 12 Points
    • Parke received 9 Points
    • EVLGOON received 6 Points
    • Maekaaay received 5 Points
  • With that, our final list was created. @Maekaaay and @RysPicz are both offered a reserve position should any of the selected managers decide against managing this season. Mae will be the first reserve and Forf second reserve. 
  • Spoiler below reveals each member of the medium council's "Final 8"
    Spoiler

DoubleJ: Toast, KaynineXL, LeJovi, Kizhaz, DoctorPBJ, EVLGOON, Maekaaay, Havsha

Rigamorty: Toast, KaynineXL, Kizhaz, Mkns, Forfiter, Parke, Maekaaay, EVLGOON

Gbwead: DoctorPBJ, Toast, Mkns, Parke, LeJovi, Maekaaay, Forfiter, KaynineXL

Burntzebra: KaynineXL, Toast, Kizhaz, DoctorPBJ, Maekaaay, Parke, LeJovi, Fred

Lkrenz: Toast, KaynineXL, Kizhaz, DoctorPBJ, Forfiter, LeJovi, Mkns, EVLGOON

Each of us got 6 of our final 8 into the final roster. 

@Rigamorty and/or @Munya you may lock this thread.

Announcement:

• The PSL Live Auction will be held on Sunday, January 21st at 7AM PST (10AM EST) on Discord. Unfortunately we were not able to find a time for all managers to join in game, although we can still meet in game while spectating on Discord. There will be a room built where only managers, the medium council, and myself can speak/type in order to complete this event. 
    • Reminder, as a player you have signed up with the intent to play regardless of who purchased you in the auction. If you refuse to play for a certain manager, you are not only letting the event down, but your other teammates who were bought alongside you. Keep that in mind. Also, you will probably be banned.
    • Each manager will be rewarded with 100 credits toward the draft, with a minimum bid being 2 and a maximum bid being however much you can spend while still being able to fill your roster with the remaining players at 2 credits each. 
    • There will no longer be a free agency or midseason event. Once you are purchased by a manager you are with that team unless traded. There will not be any releasing of players. 
    • The auction nomination order will be conducted in a snake format, where we go from 1 to 8, 8 to 1, 1 to 8... etc, until all managers have filled their roster. There will be a roster cap of 12 players.
    • This will be a basic auction with no draft component. There will be no trades during the auction, but once completed the trade season will officially begin. 
    • This season, managers will select a captain and two additional players whom cannot be traded during this season. All other players are on the chopping block so to say. 
    • Auction Order (Literally Pulled from a Hat):
      1. EVLGOON
      2. Parke
      3. Doc
      4. Toast
      5. LeJovi
      6. Mkns
      7. Kizhaz
      8. KaynineXL
    • Once it is there turn, managers will have the opportunity to "nominate" a player with an opening bid of their choosing. At that point forward a 20 second clock will start and all managers can begin bidding. Once a new bid is announced, the 20 second clock will reset. A bid is won once there are no further bids and the 20 seconds has elapsed. 
  • Managers still need to submit their team names and colors. This is pitiful folks. They're still going to be bad regardless of how long it takes. 

@Munya @Bilburt @Rigamorty, thank you. You may lock this thread. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Announcement: The managers have finally selected their terribad team names. Welcome the teams of PSL9!

@Rigamorty ty bro. 

Announcement:

• In light of the recent news and events, @Rigamorty will be removed from the Medium Council for PSL9. While he has been a strong advocate of the PSL through his service and donations, we can no longer see him in an administrative position. Riga will still be allowed to participate as a player this season and will be included in the auction. 
  • In addition, the Medium Council will once again be referred to as "the small council".

@Munya, it's you and me babe. Ty. 

Announcement:

• Congratulations to the eight managers on a successful auction that occurred just moments ago. My apologies for being late, it was rather early for me. Fortunately the lads knew how it's done and got it started. It was quite the success. 
  • Now moving forward, the players listed below have been listed as "untradeable" by their managers. Each team has 3 players that cannot be traded. The remaining players are on the chopping block. There are no restrictions on trades based on credits. Trades are allowed from this point until the end of Week 5. 
    • EVLGOON: SweeTforU, LifeStyle, ZhikoDark
    • Parke: Zigh, Enchanteur, HXIN
    • overToasted: BlueBreath, MatthewMLG, Forfiter
    • KaynineXL: TheChampionMike, Rendiz, Elcoolio
    • DoctorPBC: Lkrenz, Fredrichneitze, Linken
    • Kizhaz: Lazaaro, Senile, SejuaniSupport
    • Mkns: Burntzebra, Gbwead, Souuu
    • LeJovi: Maekaaay, Aerun, Kimikozen
  • Week One will begin... Tuesday, January 24th at 12pm PST and will end on Sunday, January 28th at 12pm PST. Week One will be a short week, but we're getting this thing going so bring the HYPE!
  • A link to the PSL Weekly Bracket: http://challonge.com/psl9
  • Managers, please submit your rosters to me at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions ask me on discord. 
  • KaynineXL has also requested a name change which has been approved. His new name will be called: Roy Rogers Inc.
  • The PSL Club page will also be live once @Squirtle passes me the power, or something like that. Blame @Perreh

@Munya Thank you. This may be locked once again. 

Edited by DoubleJ
  • Bilburt locked and unlocked this topic

Announcement:

• The managers have been picked, the players have been auctioned, and the teams are all put together. So that means only one thing... it's time to kick off the season for PSL9 with our first week! Prior to our first week though, we need a few to make a few announcements.
    • Managers must forward me, the host, their lineups for Week 1 by Saturday, January 27th at 11:59pm PST. Failure to do so will result in me making your lineup and posting without your input. You may submit your lineups by private message on the PokeMMO Forums or by using Discord. 
    • I will then post the Week 1 thread with submitted lineups by Sunday, January 28th at 12:00pm PST. Matches may begin once the weekly thread is posted. 
    • Reminder, you must contact your opponent by using the PokeMMO Forums either by sending them a private message or posting on their profile. You will have one full week to complete your match. If your match is not completed, you may be subject to an activity decision or draw. Extensions will only be granted for extreme cases that warrant it. 
    • Reminder, you will need to announce your match in the weekly thread at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your match. This allows for adequate gathering of spectators considering this is a spectators event.
    • Week 1 deadline will be the following Sunday at 12pm PST. Your Week 2 lineups will be due at this time as well, and I will post the Week 2 thread as soon as I can. 
    • Regarding substitutions, managers may sub players out of their lineup by contacting me. Once a player is "subbed out" they are inactivated for the remainder of the week. 
    • Regarding trades, any trades that occur during the week will be approved in a timely manner by the council, but the players will not be activated for their new teams until the following week. 
    • Regarding team preview, players that are chosen to play PokeMMO OU w/ Team Preview will need to do two things prior to the start of their match. The first being that they message either myself, or another council member on Discord or the PokeMMO Forums with their team and the items each Pokemon will hold. We do not request anything more than that. This can be sent at any time before you announce your match on the PokeMMO Forums. Second, you will need to announce the six pokemon you are using prior to the start of your match in normal so that your opponent can see this. This in essence will be the key component to team preview. 
      • If you are found to be using a pokemon that does not match what was announced, you will be disqualified. Spectators and available council members will hold you accountable and any violations will be reported to me. 
      • If you are found to be using an item that does not match what was sent to the council, you will be disqualified. Spectators and available council members will hold you accountable. Any perceived violations will be reported to me. Players may request which items are used by their opponent once the match is completed. Suspected violations will need to be sent to me with proof, such as a screenshot. 
      • Complicated I know, but it's really not that difficult. 

Thank you for your patience, now let's get this going! @Munya you the boss. 

• Kizhaz unlocked this topic

Announcement:

• It has come to my attention that @fredrichnietze used the "mute" function Showdown. This is strictly prohibited. It is in my own error that I had not had this in the rules prior to the start of this season, but any further instances where players "mute" the community during their match a DQ will be awarded to the player that uses the mute function. This is a rule from prior seasons.
  • Reminder, there is to be no "predicting" of moves, items, sets, etc. publicly during a match. Things players say can in chat can influence play and that simply is not competitive. 
  • Also, our first team preview match was completed without complication thanks to the effort of our very own Small Council. For future matches, if there are small council members present please link them your team and they can make the formal announcement. Unfortunately, there will most likely be instances where a council member or myself cannot be present for your match. We will try our best. 

@Bilburt, thank you. This may be closed now. 

Announcement:

• There has been evidence presented by @BlackJovi against @PinkLabel against @Calculatrize for being coached during his OU match. A screenshot of normal chat has been given as evidence. I will refrain from any discussion pertaining to this accusation considering Pink is on my team and any decision will be made by my small council. A decision, and if necessary a punishment, will be announced prior to the deadline. The week will continue on as scheduled. 

@Bilburt thank you brobeans. 

• Mike unlocked this topic

Announcement:

• The Small Council and myself have reviewed the evidence suggesting that there was "coaching" involved during the match between @PinkLabel and @Calculatrize. It should be noted that @gbwead and myself did not participate in any decision making considering our ties to the team and players involved. 
  • @LKrenz and @BurntZebra are in agreement that MadaraSixSix inappropriately tried to "coach" Pinklabel through normal chat. While his actions did not influence the match, they are still "against the rules". With that in mind, MadaraSixSix will be suspended for Week 2. 
  • Additionally, it was decided that there is little to no evidence to incriminate Pinklabel and thus there is no reason to punish him. His win will stand.
  • Furthermore, it has come to our attention that a language barrier is indeed a problem for the players of the PSL and because of this I will have French and Spanish translations provided for the rules listed in the "weekly threads" starting next week. I apologize for not having done this in the past. 

@TheChampionMike you may lock this thread, thank you. 

• Mike locked this topic
  • Bilburt unlocked this topic
  • Gilan unlocked this topic