Serene Grace does not give additional flinch chance

So, before you move this to a bug report sub section and lock it I just want to make all this information public so battles can be as fair as possible. It isn't fair that only portion of the game knows whether an ability as influential as Serene Grace works as it should. Me and my pal HXIN did some testing with following results:

Serene Grace Togekiss Air Slash: 36 tries, 12 flinches (33,3 %).

Supposed probability: 60% 

Serene Grace Togekiss Flamethrower: 71 tries, 17 burns (23,9%)

Supposed probability: 20%

Serene Grace Blissey Thunder: 26 tries, 15 paralyzes (57,7%)

Serene Grace Dunspace Headbutt: 27 tries, 9 flinches (33,3 %)

Basically what these tests say that with a very high chance we can make the following conclusions:

1) Serene Grace works with status conditions

2) Serene Grace works with different Pokemon (Togekiss and Blissey)

3) Serene Grace does not give added chance for flinching

And before you complain about "small sample size" or whatever, it isn't a too small of a sample size to say that with a very high likelyhood it isn't working correctly because having 33,3% chance of something that should be 60% over this kind of sample size is as likely as getting a meteorite hitting my butt tomorrow at 4:25 PM.

Edited by OrangeManiac

While this is not a dire issue in this case, I would prefer if you posted these things in the bug reports section first and ask a staff member if it would be okay to post it publicly.  This ensures that exploits do not get posted for the entire game to know about in the event they exist.  It also makes sure a bug mod(such as myself) sees it to give it a test/ask a dev about it. 

Btw, this is not a confirmation or denial this is a thing, I have done neither of the above things yet, just woke up.

43 minutes ago, Munya said:

While this is not a dire issue in this case, I would prefer if you posted these things in the bug reports section first and ask a staff member if it would be okay to post it publicly.  This ensures that exploits do not get posted for the entire game to know about in the event they exist.  It also makes sure a bug mod(such as myself) sees it to give it a test/ask a dev about it. 

Btw, this is not a confirmation or denial this is a thing, I have done neither of the above things yet, just woke up.

I understand that you don't want any economy breaking features to become public information because at worst it could break the whole game. That's fair enough, I can respect that. However, what comes to competitive battles which literally are "playing by your mathematical chances to win", not disclosing this kind of information for me would be that I am the one actually exploiting the game.

With all the respect, I think it's completely absurd you've taken (the staff) this kind of stance for public disclosure about non-working competitive mechanics. There's nothing to exploit economy wise with this, it just gives a higher chance for people to win who have this knowledge than those who don't.

Are the developers afraid this makes their game look bad when there's new threads popping out about non-working mechanics or what is the actual problem here? I'm sorry but that's how this currently looks for me when besides this Kyu shows his displeasure when someone announces publicly that confusion is broken after doing 200+ tests. I think things like this should be public information just for the fairness of playerbase. If you disagree, I guess it's up to you just hide this if you think that's the best for your game.

Edit: Furthermore, what I'm basically pointing out in this thread is that the mechanic X isn't as good as it should be. This means people shouldn't currently bring their Togekiss to battle assuming it does 60% flinch rate and then getting the matches against them when this isn't the case. If something was working too well and I would point it out, I guess then you could make the argument some people could be "exploiting something" but what I'm doing now is to say "Don't use your Togekiss people, because it isn't as good as it should."

Edited by OrangeManiac
34 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Why did u even post then?

To state that this isn't the place to post potential bugs?

And @OrangeManiac, we are not against posting some of these things, but it is preferable to let us have time to review them to make sure that there is no exploit involved.

if we were against it, things like Foul Play and Synchronoise would never have received a ban.