[Denied]Forum Ranks Based on Post Count

I've searched around and haven't found anything similar.

It would be pretty cool if we had a rank based on our post count, similar to the minecraft forums.

I know this would be bottom priority, but some of forum mods could work on it and I don't think it would be very hard to implement.

A lot of people want likes to be counted instead of posts and that would cut down the spam.

efhGK.png

~Courtesy of Dev

I have administrated many IP Board forums and I personally love user ranks,

It creates something to achieve by posting and it usually pushes more people onto the forum, this may also create many 'spammers' but of course the forum staff are here to handle that.

You are also correct, forum badges / ranks are very easy implement.

I have administrated many IP Board forums and I personally love user ranks,

It creates something to achieve by posting and it usually pushes more people onto the forum, this may also create many 'spammers' but of course the forum staff are here to handle that.

You are also correct, forum badges / ranks are very easy implement.

Ooh, let's just hope a mod passes by and takes a look.

this could just be a restriction based on the template thingy they use for the forums. i suggested a dev tracker a while back and kyu said something like IP. Board didn't support a feature like that

That's stupid, why don't they develop their own forum. I'm sure there's any number of people on this forum who are able and willing to help in any way they can and this cold be that way.

This would encourage spam.

Post 1: Hey guys I'm getting closer to the best rank by posting this!

Post 2: trolololololol

Post 3: I LIEK PIE!

Post 4: I am so bred rt now. lol

Post 5: Mods, just, liek, close my thread, it's for the rank thingy.

And that is what happens when rank comes from posting.

Forum staff are hired for a reason.

And.. then they get banned. I see no problem? Besides, who actually posts a ton of posts just to get a rank? That's stupid, the prestige is for you and others to see, if you don't deserve it then you don't get it, ah, also, if I see someone who has been spamming, I report them and I have no respect for them.

And.. then they get banned. I see no problem? Besides, who actually posts a ton of posts just to get a rank? That's stupid, the prestige is for you and others to see, if you don't deserve it then you don't get it, ah, also, if I see someone who has been spamming, I report them and I have no respect for them.

People who want the highest rank the fastest or the most awards as a collection could be posting a ton just to reach that desire.

I myself, when I was much younger had posted on a certain forum for countless hours to reach a certain 'rank'

It's mostly for bragging rights and to show that you are an active member of the community.

(Note: 'Posting a lot' is not to be confused with 'Spamming')

this could just be a restriction based on the template thingy they use for the forums. i suggested a dev tracker a while back and kyu said something like IP. Board didn't support a feature like that

IP Board has a feature built-in specifically for creating / managing user ranks.

I don't know about ranks. We'd get a lot of people making pointless posts to rank up. There could be a rule against it, but I still don't think it's an incredible idea. I would like post count under our names, though.

I don't know about ranks. We'd get a lot of people making pointless posts to rank up. There could be a rule against it, but I still don't think it's an incredible idea. I would like post count under our names, though.

Like I said. It used to be implemented, but they took it out. I don't see it coming back.

You can see post count in their profile anyways, and top posters are listed by clicking the links at the bottom of the main page of the forums.

I agree with this but then 30+ characters.

Counting spaces, 30 characters isn't that much. And that was 47 characters.

It makes people think a bit before posting too.

Also, I'm pretty sure the have planned ranks... They most likely will change the theme of the forums on a near future. I think they are waiting for that.