Suggestion about ingame currency.

Krispedz

Question

Lately, i have found that i'm in the need of money and i feel like we, the players, have to be a mastermind with 200 iq to make money.

Here are some methods that pay loads:

- Selling stuff people want/need on the gtl or in trade chat. This will give you easy money.

- Rematching gyms. These pay out about 250k a day if you want to rematch all 25(!!!) gym leaders. Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

- Rematching trainers in the overworld. This takes hours too and doesn't pay out as much as the gyms do.

- Payday method. Which takes about 1 hour to get 60-80k.(Which is kinda ok)

These methods takes too much effort for too little money.

One way to balance this out could be to lower the price of SOME items. Not all, but some. This will make it so people finally can start spending some money without being afraid to becoming broke. Some items that i feel need some nerf in money: (This is my own opinion, feel free to leave yours at this post)

- All breeding items that transfers IVs. From 10k to somewhere in between 5k and 8k. This will allow more people to breed comps, which probably will increase the people doing pvp.

- Harvesting tools. Because farming berries now costs a fortune... This is too expensive, especially since we have 156 berry patches in Unova and 33 berry patches in Hoenn.

These are the ones i have a hard time getting money for. (Please leave yours down below.)

And finally what i would suggest, you guys, the devs, could do about money in the game:

- Implementing some sort of job, work or even quests that is event based, that people can do to make some money and maybe even get people to come back more often to do those jobs, works or quests.

Examples: Bring an npc some Chesto Berries. Or bring some guy a Doduo. I would also love to have some kind of job, like being a part of silph co. and sell products to some npc.(this will make people explore the map even more to look for npcs in every corner of the map) Or make pokeballs from apricorns for people to buy. Just trying to be creative to give this game even more for people to enjoy. I want this game to succeed and for people to love this game just as much as i do. But i think that money is one of the biggest problems. It may make the players that doesn't have too much time to play, a little frustrated.

I mean no harm to anyone, and especially not the devs. You guys have done an amazing job with this game, and i love what you have accomplished with this game.

These are just my suggestions as to what can be done to attract more players and maybe motivate some old players to come back? I just want to help you guys out.

Thank you.

Edit: This is one suggestion that i used way to many words to describe. It was too hard for me to give you the ideas with fewer words.

Edited by Krispedz

9 hours ago, Dinkle said:

Just what do you think farming is?

I feel like you aren't putting any effort in at all, it's like you think from doing 1 hours of work you will be loaded. Like i said before, i used to complain about being poor and then i actually put some effort and i ended up with 13mil ( still poor :'v ) it was nowhere near as hard as i made it out to be in the past ( the stage you are at now ). Maybe you just need to try a little harder, try new methods and mainly don't forget that more than 50%+ of the best money methods involve RNG and you are not always guaranteed a win.

Its not just effort, actually takes too much time. Idk if you remember but before the update people could do 100k like in 1 hour...now it takes like 5 hours and more job, a really boring job.

9 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

So what you are saying is "i was spoiled before but now things aren't how i want them to be so i'm just going to complain and hope they make the game too easy"

So, what you think is that the game could be worse and worse and nobody should complain about that? if you like to spend all your day farming and you have nothing else to do with your life, is your problem...but no everyone thinks like you and you have to respect and understand that.

Edited by soyhector
Just now, soyhector said:

So, what you think is that the game could be worse and worst and nobody should complain about that?

No, you can complain about serious issues, you can't complain about your own inability to use your brain and realise you are doing something wrong, that's a YOU issue, not a issue within the game.

Since this thread is going off topic as hell, here's my 2 cents;

I myself don't really have much of a problem with money, having a hefty sum built up for a few months, however I do feel like its gotten quite a bit harder since then.

@OP if you're looking for a new moneymaking option, try GTL flipping. It doesn't feel too grind-y and occasionally you can get lucky breaks netting you quite a bit :)

13 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

No, you can complain about serious issues, you can't complain about your own inability to use your brain and realise you are doing something wrong, that's a YOU issue, not a issue within the game.

Like a said previously:

15 minutes ago, soyhector said:

If you like to spend all your day farming and you have nothing else to do with your life, is your problem...but no everyone thinks like you and you have to respect and understand that.

4 hours ago, soyhector said:

Ibefore the update people could do 100k like in 1 hour...now it takes like 5 hours and more job, a really boring job.

They did nerf certain ways of making money (gyms more challenging, NPCs give less, berry farming has higher 'production' costs,...) which results in less payout per hour than before; but still (some of) these methods do have a higher payout per hour and other methods do as well.
The current dungeon which has been mentioned before should work as a "non-boring" way to farm while currently providing a payout above (estimated) 300k per hour.

I have doubts that a discussion how/if (some) money making methods are valid and how/if other method could be introduced/changed could prosper here when some actors are more interested in a crash...

I wonder how this thread would have gone, if Dinkle and Redspawn would've shut up, intead of shitposting (since they don't seem to be interrested in anything changing)... Reading this "discussion" is so boring and pointless.

Making money IS in fact boring and tedious... It's no fun at all. BUT - as a reward for a hard day of grinding, you earned enough money to purchase a PP Max or two... 

For example:

Old Quick Money Run (Island 5+6, Around Lavender, East of Fuchsia, East of Vermillion)  payout - 127307

New Run (Same trainers) 63160.

Its like your boss tells u after 3 years of working: Mate, u did a good job, as a reward Ill cut half of the money Ill pay you.

And don't tell any BS about "but u can snipe gtl or rematch gym leaders or suck my balls and Ill pay u". 

If everyone snipes in gtl, how likely is it, to get sth worth?!

Gym rematches are okayish, but really time consuming and boring (not too hard, so a good shot every day with TV on beside this)

The actual dungeon also fails to argue with, since it is nice NOW, but after the event ends, it is no longer a valid option to farm there.

Farming items and selling them is a good sideeffect of ev training or payday farming, but u won't get rich by doing this (at least if u want to breed comps, update old ones and such)

Also in my opinion, at the moment (or maybe even since ever), there are way too many/expensive money sinks in the game, whose ensure everyone spending everything and their mom for braces, tms, (potions or W/E).

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Actually, in fact, I do wonder why do I bother answering to this stupid threads.

I wonder about this too actually...

he goes full autist and starts shooting randomly.

Better call Saul?

Maybe you'd be worth the trouble of arguing back, which you clearly aren't as we've seen here and in the past.

Ofc it's tedious, once gain, it's a MMO, no MMO gives out stuff for free and lives long, you need to be dedicated in order to achieve things. 

You should clearly learn to farm, if you play lets say 3 hours a day and can only buy a pp max or two. I mean, with berry farming alone daily, you can buy what? 2-3 per acc you do it in? That plus, 1 hour of farming should get you a few. No you're not dedicated, we discussed that in some other thread, we both know you can't farm for shit nor do you actually play the game efficiently.

Wait, did u copy this from an older one of your posts? since it feels so... familiar? As if i read this shit over and over again. Followed by things which never have anything to do with the topic - like: Im rich, I used to have some alt accounts, im the biggest GTL sniper, everyone besides me sucks... THIS IS AN MMOand  and such pointless things ... change your disc dude...

It's nice to see, that u play long and are a rich boy, but... dont be such an arrogant asshole the whole time and treat everyone as if they're re-tarded... Cause if you're that long playing, why don't work on improovement suggestions, gained from your expieriences? I, for that part, am not pooped and I can understand your anger about everyone crying about this and that lil shitty things...

I also know the pros and cons of this game, also the pros prevail. BUT this doesn't mean, that it could't get BETTER. 

Edited by semjon
1 hour ago, semjon said:

Im rich, I used to have some alt accounts, im the biggest GTL sniper, everyone besides me sucks

nothing here contributes to the thread once again you're just seeing what you want, not reading everything nor using your brain capacity.

You clearly don't know shit about economy, nor now nor previously. Yes it's probably similiar to what I said previously, guess what? I'm talking to the same person, with the same attitude.

Either way, yes the game is against you guys, poor people q.q, I was never poor man, when I started I think it was Desu, handed me a small loan of 200m to start. Damn. /s

1 hour ago, semjon said:

THIS IS AN MMO

Exactly, you're here to play the game, dedicate a bit of your time, don't play one hour weekly and expect things to happen. If you want to be good anywhere, this applies literally anywhere in real life, you should place some effort. Things don't fall from the sky. I don't treat them as if they're retar.ds, I treat them equally as I'd expect them to treat me. I give them a fair point of view from someone who knows how thin a game or even real life economy can be as I've experienced that in many games, want me to name you a few? Guild Wars 2, silver doubloon market was rising to stupid values because none were replacing the market and someone, kept on buying the entire market to replace it for higher values. Runescape 3, where the ''currency'' holds literally no value right now, nor for a new player, nor for a older player, the real value of the items, are in non obtainable limited items i.e. party hats. 

Edited by redspawn
4 minutes ago, redspawn said:

nothing here contributes to the thread once again you're just seeing what you want, not reading everything nor using your brain capacity

Tbh... to follow many threads, you sadly don't even have to have a brain ._.

5 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Exactly, you're here to play the game, dedicate a bit of your time, don't play one hour weekly and expect things to happen. If you want to be good anywhere, this applies literally anywhere in real life, you should place some effort. Things don't fall from the sky. 

I spent plenty of time to the game (as far as my time lets it happen)... I work for my stuff, have plenty of comps and items. I maybe complain a bit about the methods to earn money (at least they are somewhat consistant), cause they ARE tedious (pls dont respond to this xD)

8 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I don't treat them as if they're retar.ds, I treat them equally as I'd expect them to treat me.

That might me true. Maybe my spelling wasn't correct at all and might have caused some misunderstandings ._. I don't want to flame anyone, as I don't want to get flamed.

Maybe we can start over again in another thread.

On 8.1.2018 at 10:21 AM, anheroin said:

So, just what are some of the best ways to make money? I get around 200k and dump it into a comp nearly immediately, sometimes not even being enough.

Doing the Arena rebattles is the easiest way to get some decent money every day (If you have some pokemon, which can do them easily)

I used to payday farm in the cave at the battle frontier (smeargles ~ lv 45 + item drops)

Other options which give consistant money are the trainers at Island 5 (the ladys), Around Lavender (pokemaniac north 2 gamblers west), East of Fuchsia (4 chicks), East of Vermillion (gamblers + engeneers) ~65k 

If u prever pve you can grind some BP in battle frontier - purchase items there and sell them. Time consuming but not too hard/a good challenge and a nice variety from the basic stuff.

If u like it, you can also start or continuing farming + selling berries or craft items out of berries and sell those. 

Those are the consistant methods I can actually think of.

Enjoy your grind x)

15 hours ago, semjon said:

Doing the Arena rebattles is the easiest way to get some decent money every day (If you have some pokemon, which can do them easily)

I used to payday farm in the cave at the battle frontier (smeargles ~ lv 45 + item drops)

Other options which give consistant money are the trainers at Island 5 (the ladys), Around Lavender (pokemaniac north 2 gamblers west), East of Fuchsia (4 chicks), East of Vermillion (gamblers + engeneers) ~65k 

If u prever pve you can grind some BP in battle frontier - purchase items there and sell them. Time consuming but not too hard/a good challenge and a nice variety from the basic stuff.

If u like it, you can also start or continuing farming + selling berries or craft items out of berries and sell those. 

Those are the consistant methods I can actually think of.

Enjoy your grind x)

Big help, doing this right now. Thanks a lot.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, redspawn said:
On 1/7/2018 at 12:05 PM, raddevil said:

ppl are getting bored and there's plenty other games that we can play.

Do it, play another game, what prevents you?

Yes and then people start leave, servers will eventually not get paid and the game dies. All becuase it isnt interesting to maintain a healthy population.

Edited by superpichu999