Suggestion about ingame currency.

Krispedz

Question

Lately, i have found that i'm in the need of money and i feel like we, the players, have to be a mastermind with 200 iq to make money.

Here are some methods that pay loads:

- Selling stuff people want/need on the gtl or in trade chat. This will give you easy money.

- Rematching gyms. These pay out about 250k a day if you want to rematch all 25(!!!) gym leaders. Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

- Rematching trainers in the overworld. This takes hours too and doesn't pay out as much as the gyms do.

- Payday method. Which takes about 1 hour to get 60-80k.(Which is kinda ok)

These methods takes too much effort for too little money.

One way to balance this out could be to lower the price of SOME items. Not all, but some. This will make it so people finally can start spending some money without being afraid to becoming broke. Some items that i feel need some nerf in money: (This is my own opinion, feel free to leave yours at this post)

- All breeding items that transfers IVs. From 10k to somewhere in between 5k and 8k. This will allow more people to breed comps, which probably will increase the people doing pvp.

- Harvesting tools. Because farming berries now costs a fortune... This is too expensive, especially since we have 156 berry patches in Unova and 33 berry patches in Hoenn.

These are the ones i have a hard time getting money for. (Please leave yours down below.)

And finally what i would suggest, you guys, the devs, could do about money in the game:

- Implementing some sort of job, work or even quests that is event based, that people can do to make some money and maybe even get people to come back more often to do those jobs, works or quests.

Examples: Bring an npc some Chesto Berries. Or bring some guy a Doduo. I would also love to have some kind of job, like being a part of silph co. and sell products to some npc.(this will make people explore the map even more to look for npcs in every corner of the map) Or make pokeballs from apricorns for people to buy. Just trying to be creative to give this game even more for people to enjoy. I want this game to succeed and for people to love this game just as much as i do. But i think that money is one of the biggest problems. It may make the players that doesn't have too much time to play, a little frustrated.

I mean no harm to anyone, and especially not the devs. You guys have done an amazing job with this game, and i love what you have accomplished with this game.

These are just my suggestions as to what can be done to attract more players and maybe motivate some old players to come back? I just want to help you guys out.

Thank you.

Edit: This is one suggestion that i used way to many words to describe. It was too hard for me to give you the ideas with fewer words.

Edited by Krispedz

11 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

That's not evidence enough. Bold statement once again.

Here we go, let me just quote everything that proves me right, you really gonna make me quote everything when you know i'm right? Pretty dumb.

23 hours ago, Krispedz said:

Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

Spoken like someone who doesn't want to spend hours rematching.

3 hours ago, Krispedz said:

This is just way too repetitive and not very fun to do every single day

Also sounds like a personal quote and not a public opinion.

IMO it doesn't make sense to rematch 25 gyms every day.

25 gyms too much?

People, like me, wants to be able to enjoy the game and interact with the awesome people playing it.

Sounds like you are too busy doing other stuff.

If you have this much hate for the rematches then why the hell would you be doing them?

Also i think you are too hung up on thinking this is a personal attack ( which it isn't ) maybe if you stop trying to defend yourself and start defending your suggestion you might see what i mean.

Edited by Dinkle

Just because it's an MMO, doesn't mean it has to be tedious.

It's not tedious if you understand what you're doing and how to maximize efficiency.

IMO it doesn't make sense to rematch 25 gyms every day.

Then dont. I never do it. But even if I did, it would take near 2 minutes per gym, don't know how long animations take, so no big deal, learn how to exploit them.

But you have to understand that not everyone has that type of patience. People, like me, wants to be able to enjoy the game and interact with the awesome people playing it.

Well, maybe pokemmo isn't fit for you, if you're a lazy fuck. Try tetris.

36 minutes ago, YettoDie said:

I wonder, what do you consider little money? Preferably give a rate per hour.

And how much do you think would be a good rate per hour.

Don't bother yetto, we made our cash, aswell as comps, by miracle you know? Paydaying everyday for hours :^). 

I understand you're new, and so is the CremaDoble kid who's giving you reasons to keep arguing, but please understand how economy works, and how fragile of a system it is, but then again, and I'll repeat myself, the economy right now is broken, play the game more before arguing about stuff you don't understand.

14 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

Maybe rewarding the players that logs in every single day to keep the game going could be a good idea?

If this happen a lot will either quit or get demotivated to keep playing, quoted from you as I didn't even bother to read the rest of the thread. You guys are already playing a free game, that should be enough. No need to be rewarded for playing it, you don't want to play it? Dont, you want? Do it. This is like going regurlarly to a bar and expect them to handle you a free drink for every consecutive day you go.

Edited by redspawn
11 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

Here we go, let me just quote everything that proves me right, you really gonna make me quote everything when you know i'm right? Pretty dumb.

Spoken like someone who doesn't want to spend hours rematching.

Also sounds like a personal quote and not a public opinion.

25 gyms too much?

Sounds like you are too busy doing other stuff.

If you have this much hate for the rematches then why the hell would you be doing them?

Also i think you are too hung up on thinking this is a personal attack ( which it isn't ) maybe if you stop trying to defend yourself and start defending your suggestion you might see what i mean.

I still don't understand what you have a problem with.

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Don't bother yetto, we made our cash, aswell as comps, by miracle you know? Paydaying everyday for hours :^).

I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of a newer player considering our economy. I'm well aware that the economy is quite broken aswel, newer players don't. They mostly assume, lets increase all the money making methods so they have more money in the short run, neglecting the long run.

Ofcourse, making money from absolute 0 is really difficult, but the same goes for real life.

Just now, redspawn said:

It's not tedious if you understand what you're doing and how to maximize efficiency.

Then dont. I never do it. But even if I did, it would take near 2 minutes per gym, don't know how long animations take, so no big deal, learn how to exploit them.

Well, maybe pokemmo isn't fit for you, if you're a lazy fuck. Try tetris.

I understand you're new, and so is the CremaDoble kid who's giving you reasons to keep arguing, but please understand how economy works, and how fragile of a system it is, but then again, and I'll repeat myself, the economy right now is broken, play the game more before arguing about stuff you don't understand.

I have played this since 2012. I had a profile with the name of Kripe. Are you really just here because you feel the need to argue? :^)

Why don't you go breed your comps, make your money and stop vandalising this post with your empty arguments.

Just now, YettoDie said:

I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of a newer player considering our economy. I'm well aware that the economy is quite broken aswel, newer players don't. They mostly assume, lets increase all the money making methods so they have more money in the short run, neglecting the long run.

Ofcourse, making money from absolute 0 is really difficult, but the same goes for real life.

I'm not new. But i see that some of the guys calling me "new", started in 2017.

Some people.

Just now, Krispedz said:

Are you really just here because you feel the need to argue? :^)

No I'm here because this is dumb and you need to understand.

I bred all my comps besides a few I'm to lazy to breed and I literally overpay for final breeders or even overpay for them, this is to show you how little fucks I give about cash right now.

1 minute ago, Krispedz said:

I have played this since 2012

Sure you did, you created and acc and probably never logged back, lets be honest. And if you did, let me ask you, do you remember the price fo braces back then? Dude please, if you don't have an argument for what I just told you, stop trying to argue.

Just now, Krispedz said:

I'm not new. But i see that some of the guys calling me "new", started in 2017.

Some people.

2017 is new. You still haven't given me an answer on how much is little, and how much you'd like to gain per hour. Because words don't correspond with a number and thus is different for everyone as it's a perspective.

Just now, YettoDie said:

2017 is new. You still haven't given me an answer on how much is little, and how much you'd like to gain per hour. Because words don't correspond with a number and thus is different for everyone as it's a perspective.

I answered your question dude. I stated that the payday method is ok per hour. And if you scroll aaaaall the way to the top, you'll se how much that is. Read before you comment.

I answered your question dude. I stated that the payday method is ok per hour. And if you scroll aaaaall the way to the top, you'll se how much that is. Read before you comment.

So you consider 60-80k worth your time per hour? Do you calculate items you pick up into this or what.

You still haven't given a number of what you want it to be.

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

No I'm here because this is dumb and you need to understand.

I bred all my comps besides a few I'm to lazy to breed and I literally overpay for final breeders or even overpay for them, this is to show you how little fucks I give about cash right now.

Sure you did, you created and acc and probably never logged back, lets be honest. And if you did, let me ask you, do you remember the price fo braces back then? Dude please, if you don't have an argument for what I just told you, stop trying to argue.

You do really feel the urge to continue this discussion even when i have made my point. This suggestion is not for you. It's for the ones who can do anything about it. Have me ecxused, i'm gonna go finish the gyms. I have a good 10 hours of payday method ahead :^)

Just now, Krispedz said:

continue this discussion even when i have made my point.

So you're telling me you can't argue from what I said? This means the thread is useless as I literally gave you enough proof that this is autistic and bad for the economy.

This suggestion is not for you.

Ofc it isnt, nor for me, nor for anyoen but you and the other newer player.

i'm gonna go finish the gyms. I have a good 10 hours of payday method ahead

You should. In the meantime, give some thought to the game, like paydaying is even a optimal method, but that I'll leave you to find out. Especially considering you can easily make 1.5m+/daily now, I can tell you a friend of mine, last 2 weeks? Made 52m, now think about that and how he made it, I'll give you a hint, it's limited to this season, and shouldn't last much more than maybe 1 week now?

2 minutes ago, YettoDie said:

So you consider 60-80k worth your time per hour? Do you calculate items you pick up into this or what.

You still haven't given a number of what you want it to be.

Purely from just payday method, that amount is ok. I would like something that could reward the players that play alot(every day), maybe daily quests or even having a job, like silph co. or something like that.

Maybe 100k/hour is a solid amount to make considering this is post game, and the time to breed comps and battle other people than the npcs.

Is this the answer you are looking for?

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

So you're telling me you can't argue from what I said? This means the thread is useless as I literally gave you enough proof that this is autistic and bad for the economy.

Ofc it isnt, nor for me, nor for anyoen but you and the other newer player.

You should. In the meantime, give some thought to the game, like paydaying is even a optimal method, but that I'll leave you to find out. Especially considering you can easily make 1.5m+/daily now, I can tell you a friend of mine, last 2 weeks? Made 52m, now think about that and how he made it, I'll give you a hint, it's limited to this season, and shouldn't last much more than maybe 1 week now?

Investing in ongoing events will cause you to sell the items when the price increases after the event.

I'm aware

Investing in ongoing events will cause you to sell the items when the price increases after the event.

Wot? Sell the items later? We're speaking of now. Not later. Would take months for you to even profit 5k over the value they have right now.

And that's still not the only method, most optimal right now, sure, but not the only method.

Purely from just payday method, that amount is ok. I would like something that could reward the players that play alot(every day), maybe daily quests or even having a job, like silph co. or something like that.

Maybe 100k/hour is a solid amount to make considering this is post game, and the time to breed comps and battle other people than the npcs.

Is this the answer you are looking for?

Good enough of an answer, it seem you're purely focused on the money you get. Disregarding the value of the items you get of paydaying. 100k / hour is not even good to make per hour for most people.

I suggest you to look at, it's quite outdated, but most methods are still working.

Many of these methods result in atleast 100k per hour, currently the Christmas Event is going on. If you and your partner are good at it it's atleast 450k per hour.

10 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Wot? Sell the items later? We're speaking of now. Not later. Would take months for you to even profit 5k over the value they have right now.

And that's still not the only method, most optimal right now, sure, but not the only method.

I worded that completely wrong. I meant that the price will increase after the event, and that's when you would want to sell them.

The point is; Making money is too tedious for how little we make.  I suggested some kind of daily quest or job. This is to give people some variety and something to give us, the players, a reason to come back the next day.

[...] making money without enough knowledge is tedious.

The effort is there, it's just the fire that keeps me going, that is starting to fade. And you know why? Because it's too repetitive and not very fun. Maybe rewarding the players that logs in every single day to keep the game going could be a good idea?

Basically what Yetto said - there are already different methods of making money that vary by knowledge/time(/effort) needed and money gained

Concerning dailies/logging in: Berry farming does partly fill that niche because the main effort here is to (remember to) log in

I don't think one should be rewarded for 'only' logging in without playing the game, if you even meant that (was suggested before iirc and denied because you gain something without any gameplay and it is so easily abused with alts).

But I do understand that some methods feel too repetitive and therefor bore you/discourage you to play the game. Right now we do have the dungeon though, which stands for possible endgame content/a method to gain money which will be present in the future permanently (after the implementation of legendary dungeons) and I'd like to know if the dungeons work for you as an interesting way to gain money?

11 hours ago, redspawn said:

So no, the game is fine like it is, actually items should maybe get slightly more expensive, not braces, but overall stuff. Economy is pretty broken rn.

Guess what? That's what a MMO is all about. Grinding.

translation: I have gathered money before update and I want everybody to stay poor so I can feel richer. So if everything's fucked up ok, I this game community can screw itself, I only want mine.

8 minutes ago, raddevil said:

translation: I have gathered money before update and I want everybody to stay poor so I can feel richer. So if everything's fucked up ok, I this game community can screw itself, I only want mine.

translation: I'm not a lazy fuck like you, or some in this community, doenst matter previous or not, the methods are still the same. So yes, I couldn't care less about you crying about money. Actually now you even have a better method, so there's that.

Just now, redspawn said:

translation: I'm not a lazy fuck like you, or some in this community, doenst matter previous or not, the methods are still the same. So yes, I couldn't care less about you crying about money. Actually now you even have a better method, so there's that.

Honey, I have money and I do grind. This is not the matter, the matter is: ppl are getting bored and there's plenty other games that we can play. If u want to stay in a game, you should really find something interesting to hook you in. You know, the community is growing unexcited and the gen 5 is long gone.

ps: the Universe doesnt revolve around ur bellybutton. Hope u can sleep at night after this breaking news.

5 minutes ago, raddevil said:

ppl are getting bored and there's plenty other games that we can play.

Do it, play another game, what prevents you?

If u want to stay in a game, you should really find something interesting to hook you in.

Sadly pokemmo follows the oldschool template for any mmo, which is heavy grinding, that's about it, you like it? You play it, you don't like it? Well to bad, there's other games that might fit your liking more. Once again, I'm going to tell you and others, THERE IS A LOOOOT OF METHODS TO MAKE MONEY. You like pvp? do it. You liek shiny hunting? Do singles, sell everything. You just purely enjoy grinding? There's plenty. You're bored of doing something? Switch to other. You don't like any of that? Breed. You're a lazy ass person like me? Start flipping GTL. It's so damn easy. And the economy is so damn broken right now.

ps: the Universe doesnt revolve around ur bellybutton. Hope u can sleep at night after this breaking news.

Sadly the universe doens't revolve around dumb people aswell, but there's this thread and you. Hope you can sleep at night after this breaking news.

Edited by redspawn