Suggestion about ingame currency.

Krispedz

Question

Lately, i have found that i'm in the need of money and i feel like we, the players, have to be a mastermind with 200 iq to make money.

Here are some methods that pay loads:

- Selling stuff people want/need on the gtl or in trade chat. This will give you easy money.

- Rematching gyms. These pay out about 250k a day if you want to rematch all 25(!!!) gym leaders. Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

- Rematching trainers in the overworld. This takes hours too and doesn't pay out as much as the gyms do.

- Payday method. Which takes about 1 hour to get 60-80k.(Which is kinda ok)

These methods takes too much effort for too little money.

One way to balance this out could be to lower the price of SOME items. Not all, but some. This will make it so people finally can start spending some money without being afraid to becoming broke. Some items that i feel need some nerf in money: (This is my own opinion, feel free to leave yours at this post)

- All breeding items that transfers IVs. From 10k to somewhere in between 5k and 8k. This will allow more people to breed comps, which probably will increase the people doing pvp.

- Harvesting tools. Because farming berries now costs a fortune... This is too expensive, especially since we have 156 berry patches in Unova and 33 berry patches in Hoenn.

These are the ones i have a hard time getting money for. (Please leave yours down below.)

And finally what i would suggest, you guys, the devs, could do about money in the game:

- Implementing some sort of job, work or even quests that is event based, that people can do to make some money and maybe even get people to come back more often to do those jobs, works or quests.

Examples: Bring an npc some Chesto Berries. Or bring some guy a Doduo. I would also love to have some kind of job, like being a part of silph co. and sell products to some npc.(this will make people explore the map even more to look for npcs in every corner of the map) Or make pokeballs from apricorns for people to buy. Just trying to be creative to give this game even more for people to enjoy. I want this game to succeed and for people to love this game just as much as i do. But i think that money is one of the biggest problems. It may make the players that doesn't have too much time to play, a little frustrated.

I mean no harm to anyone, and especially not the devs. You guys have done an amazing job with this game, and i love what you have accomplished with this game.

These are just my suggestions as to what can be done to attract more players and maybe motivate some old players to come back? I just want to help you guys out.

Thank you.

Edit: This is one suggestion that i used way to many words to describe. It was too hard for me to give you the ideas with fewer words.

Edited by Krispedz

1 hour ago, CremaDoble said:

Your ideas are just great, the missions, could be something very exploited, I hope the developers take this publication very much in mind for the future of the game.

Thank you! I wish the best for the game, and would love to see something else than just the normal pokemon stuff that we always do. Would be awesome to have a dev look at this though.

Keep it short and just say I want implement of daily quest to get some reward (mainly money). Love the idea though.. Gives me something to do rather than wasting money on stuff or asking noobs for a quest.. 

15 hours ago, Krispedz said:

Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

You mean "Not everyone wants to make money" ?

I isn't meant to be easy, i remember complaining because i was on the game 24/7 and struggled to make even a mil, then i realised i was the problem because i wasn't putting any effort in.

have to be a mastermind with 200 iq to make money.

You can almost teach a dog to farm for you.

So no, the game is fine like it is, actually items should maybe get slightly more expensive, not braces, but overall stuff. Economy is pretty broken rn.

Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before.

Guess what? That's what a MMO is all about. Grinding.

There's more methods, just put some thought into it. Those you refered to, value wise are not accurate at all to start of, nor do they describe best methods, some are exclusive to a time of the years, others are do-able daily

Implementing some sort of job, work or even quests that is event based, that people can do to make some money and maybe even get people to come back more often to do those jobs, works or quests.

E4 could be considered a quest. ''Beat all so you recieve a reward'' isn't that what a quest is all about?

Because farming berries now costs a fortune

Wow amazing. Leppas are now 5k. It's not like they even lost value after unova farm was introduced, from 1.3k to 1k.

____

I understand what you mean, but a game is meant to be somewhat hard, even if pokemmo doens't have much depth you still have a lot of stuff you can do to make cash from, you can't expect people to handle you stuff for free or near free, a game with no effort is pretty meh honestly. Plus, like said previously, economy is absolutely broken rn.

5 hours ago, Dinkle said:

You mean "Not everyone wants to make money" ?

I isn't meant to be easy, i remember complaining because i was on the game 24/7 and struggled to make even a mil, then i realised i was the problem because i wasn't putting any effort in.

I actually mean "Not everyone wants to spend hours rematching someone they already beat 100 times before."

This is just way too repetitive and not very fun to do every single day. This is just a suggestion. You shouldn't take it too personally.

4 hours ago, redspawn said:

You can almost teach a dog to farm for you.

So no, the game is fine like it is, actually items should maybe get slightly more expensive, not braces, but overall stuff. Economy is pretty broken rn.

Guess what? That's what a MMO is all about. Grinding.

There's more methods, just put some thought into it. Those you refered to, value wise are not accurate at all to start of, nor do they describe best methods, some are exclusive to a time of the years, others are do-able daily

E4 could be considered a quest. ''Beat all so you recieve a reward'' isn't that what a quest is all about?

Wow amazing. Leppas are now 5k. It's not like they even lost value after unova farm was introduced, from 1.3k to 1k.

____

I understand what you mean, but a game is meant to be somewhat hard, even if pokemmo doens't have much depth you still have a lot of stuff you can do to make cash from, you can't expect people to handle you stuff for free or near free, a game with no effort is pretty meh honestly. Plus, like said previously, economy is absolutely broken rn.

People need to understand what sells on the gtl or in trade chat, in order to make money. Just because it's an MMO, doesn't mean it has to be tedious. IMO it doesn't make sense to rematch 25 gyms every day. If that isn't tedious to you, i admire your patience. But you have to understand that not everyone has that type of patience. People, like me, wants to be able to enjoy the game and interact with the awesome people playing it.

Just now, Krispedz said:

This is just way too repetitive

Just what do you think farming is?

I feel like you aren't putting any effort in at all, it's like you think from doing 1 hours of work you will be loaded. Like i said before, i used to complain about being poor and then i actually put some effort and i ended up with 13mil ( still poor :'v ) it was nowhere near as hard as i made it out to be in the past ( the stage you are at now ). Maybe you just need to try a little harder, try new methods and mainly don't forget that more than 50%+ of the best money methods involve RNG and you are not always guaranteed a win.

2 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

But you have to understand that not everyone has that type of patience

All i see is "not everyone wants to put that amount of EFFORT in". I doubt most of the people that do the rematches were born with that amount of patience, they most likely put alot of EFFORT into doing it and most of them probably realised that it isn't as bad as they used to make it out to be. Right now, (IMO anyway) you are the 1%, that little group of people that:

Don't want to put any EFFORT in

Think that the game is just going to give you everything you want for little to no EFFORT

Think that just because they are too lazy to go and PUT SOME EFFORT IN SLIJFSUGRFRGVFRLIUSFRB that the games mechanics need to be changed, to suit their lifestyle of putting no EFFORT in and getting everything handed to them

20 hours ago, Krispedz said:

Bring an npc some Chesto Berries. Or bring some guy a Doduo. I would also love to have some kind of job, like being a part of silph co. and sell products to some npc.(this will make people explore the map even more to look for npcs in every corner of the map) Or make pokeballs from apricorns for people to buy.

Each one of these, require no EFFORT EIROFPNH;KFOIKVGN HGV;;;;;AEU9 REGI9FEHN;RDFUIGH

1 minute ago, Dinkle said:

Just what do you think farming is?

I feel like you aren't putting any effort in at all, it's like you think from doing 1 hours of work you will be loaded. Like i said before, i used to complain about being poor and then i actually put some effort and i ended up with 13mil ( still poor :'v ) it was nowhere near as hard as i made it out to be in the past ( the stage you are at now ). Maybe you just need to try a little harder, try new methods and mainly don't forget that more than 50%+ of the best money methods involve RNG and you are not always guaranteed a win.

The point is; Making money is too tedious for how little we make.  I suggested some kind of daily quest or job. This is to give people some variety and something to give us, the players, a reason to come back the next day. I do believe that if you have 13m, you have probably tried everything and worked your ass off, BUT not everyone has the knowledge that you do or maybe the patience that you do. The thing is, doing the same thing over and over and over again, just makes it tedious. That goes for anything you do in life. Not just in pokemmo.

Regarding these quests, maybe we shouldn't make as much as we do from the 50%+ other methods that requires good RNG? I'm just giving the community food for thought. Maybe we can make this game a little more exciting together.

All i see is "not everyone wants to put that amount of EFFORT in". I doubt most of the people that do the rematches were born with that amount of patience, they most likely put alot of EFFORT into doing it and most of them probably realised that it isn't as bad as they used to make it out to be. Right now, (IMO anyway) you are the 1%, that little group of people that:

Don't want to put any EFFORT in

Think that the game is just going to give you everything you want for little to no EFFORT

Think that just because they are too lazy to go and PUT SOME EFFORT IN SLIJFSUGRFRGVFRLIUSFRB that the games mechanics need to be changed, to suit their lifestyle of putting no EFFORT in and getting everything handed to them

Each one of these, require no EFFORT EIROFPNH;KFOIKVGN HGV;;;;;AEU9 REGI9FEHN;RDFUIGH

That's a pretty bold statement. The 1%? You were a part of that 1% once. Don't act like you are any better than anyone here. You are taking this way to personally, and people like you shouldn't give such statements, when you know just as well as me, that making money without enough knowledge is tedious.

The effort is there, it's just the fire that keeps me going, that is starting to fade. And you know why? Because it's too repetitive and not very fun. Maybe rewarding the players that logs in every single day to keep the game going could be a good idea?

This is just a suggestion, as i mentioned before, and this is the last time i'm replying on this thread, because it's pointless to argue with some people can't stand others opinions/suggestions.

Have a nice day, Dinkle.

12 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

BUT not everyone has the knowledge that you do or maybe the patience that you do

See this is how i know you are lying and are just being lazy, i can assure you, i have neither.

4 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

Because it's too repetitive and not very fun

Farming ISN'T fun, you farm so you can spend your money and THEN have fun.

5 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

That's a pretty bold statement. The 1%? You were a part of that 1% once. Don't act like you are any better than anyone here

To me it just seems like you are getting offended by facts.

1 hour ago, Dinkle said:

Mira, así es como estás mintiendo y solo eres perezoso, puedo asegurar que no tengo ninguno.

La agricultura NO ES divertida, puedes cultivar para que puedas gastar tu dinero y ENTONCES divertirse.

Para mí, parece que te ofenden los hechos.

Excuse me, but the kid is right, putting together money making the gyms is totally boring and repetitive,I would dare to say that their ideas 
offend you in some way, for the way you respond with such aggressiveness.
On the other hand, if there are more ways to get money, but with the update, what the NPC pay for example, it became totally decadent.

The idea here is to give suggestions to improve the game, not to throw away the ideas of others, just because you did not like them, just that.
If these ideas displease you for some reason, just keep going, good morning.
Edited by CremaDoble
3 minutes ago, CremaDoble said:

Excuse me, but the kid is right, putting together money making the gyms is totally boring and repetitive,I would dare to say that their ideas 
offend you in some way, for the way you respond with such aggressiveness.
On the other hand, if there are more ways to get money, but with the update, what the NPC pay for example, it became totally decadent.

The idea here is to give suggestions to improve the game, not to throw away the ideas of others, just because you did not like them, just that.
If these ideas displease you for some reason, just keep going, good morning.

THIS.

I don't see the need for any aggressiveness on this post what so ever. The intention was to give my ideas and help the game out. There are no reason to be offended by this as i didn't target anyone or tried to offend anyone.

20 minutes ago, CremaDoble said:

for the way you respond with such aggressiveness.

3 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

I don't see the need for any aggressiveness on this post what so ever

I'm sorry that you can't have your suggestions be criticised without getting your feelings hurt and thinking it's a personal attack....

Really tho? aggressiveness? XD You shouldn't be on the internet if you are just going to cry when someone doesn't share your opinion,

I'm sorry that you can't have your suggestions be criticised without getting your feelings hurt and thinking it's a personal attack....

Really tho? aggressiveness? XD You shouldn't be on the internet if you are just going to cry when someone doesn't share your opinion,

Seems to me like you are the one crying over my suggestion. You are responsable for EVERYTHING you say and do on the internet. You were way too aggressive, and now that we are pointing that out, you act like nothing happened.

For the last time, let's move on or take it privately from now on.

12 minutes ago, Krispedz said:

aggressive

Which part was aggressive?

I am literally TELLING you that you aren't putting enough effort in, if anything that's being helpful.

If someone telling you the truth offends you, you should probably seek help as at no point was i going for a aggressive approach, you just decided to assume i was being aggressive because i wasn't sugar coating everything.

7 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

Which part was aggressive?

I am literally TELLING you that you aren't putting enough effort in, if anything that's being helpful.

If someone telling you the truth offends you, you should probably seek help as at no point was i going for a aggressive approach, you just decided to assume i was being aggressive because i wasn't sugar coating everything.

How do you know i'm not battling the gyms every day and putting in the effort? I am good for way more than 13m, ulike someone else i know.

8 minutes ago, YettoDie said:

I wonder, what do you consider little money? Preferably give a rate per hour.

And how much do you think would be a good rate per hour.

For the payday method, i would say that the amount is ok. If that amount was higher, then everyone would just be there grinding for money all day lol.

But i still think the daily quests/jobs, could work and give us some variety.

Because you are sat here complaining about it.

That's not evidence enough. Bold statement once again.

1 minute ago, Krispedz said:

For the payday method, i would say that the amount is ok. If that amount was higher, then everyone would just be there grinding for money all day lol.

But i still think the daily quests/jobs, could work and give us some variety.

Not what I asked. It's hard to help when you don't know what the other one thinks.