Why does it take so long to get eggs?

LionKIng

Question

Why oh why? I have no clue why we need to make the timer so long and totally random, sometimes its seconds and other times 20+ minutes to get an egg. You are already killing the parents so theres no reason to even make us wait since we cant abuse anything by breeding faster....

All I can see is upsides for everyone, instead of taking 5 hours to breed something itll take 1, and with those 4 extra hours you can do so much stuff, ev train, grind for money, battle, have an actual life?

So my suggestion would be to make eggs instant instead of random egg timers that make no freaking sense. Pls help?

2 answers to this question

I also have a feeling that the "compatibility" of parents doesn't matter at all either. I was breeding a poke purely made from my OT lately (Azumarill) and it took me sometimes even 30 minutes to grab an egg when "They seem to like each other very much" or some bullshit like that, while the Pory I made which wasn't my OT and a Ditto, which also wasn't my OT, gave me an egg almost instantly.

Instead of having a chance to get an egg each minute, make it each 30 sec. Instead of having a bigger chance (if there is any) to receive an egg due to compatibility of parents, let us have more chances to receive an egg per minute, imo. This would actually promote using your own breeders to breed comps (a'ka going into the wild to catch shit).

Edited by RysPicz
3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I also have a feeling that the "compatibility" of parents doesn't matter at all either. I was breeding a poke purely made from my OT lately (Azumarill) and it took me sometimes even 30 minutes to grab an egg when "They seem to like each other very much" or some bullshit like that, while the Pory I made which wasn't my OT and a Ditto, which also wasn't my OT, gave me an egg almost instantly.

Instead of having a chance to get an egg each minute, make it each 30 sec. Instead of having a bigger chance (if there is any) to receive an egg due to compatibility of parents, let us have more chances to receive an egg per minute, imo. This would actually promote using your own breeders to breed comps (a'ka going into the wild to catch shit).

You have the OT thing backwards here, that's why you think it doesn't matter. There's actually a better chance to get the egg quicker when the parents have different OT's. I breed random rares (hoping for shiny) a lot and a while back I found a site explaining the egg laying mechanics and it broke down the amount of time to get eggs and the factors involved. I'll let you read it for yourself but after months of breeding using different and the same OT's, I found that using different OT pokemon absolutely is quicker. A teammate of mine (@Raederz) tried to argue against this and so we both talked to RacheLucario who confirmed it's true. She also explained to me that using ditto changes the "checks" to be slightly longer (see below).

*Disclaimer: I don't believe the timer is exactly 10 minutes, iirc it's slightly less now, but the same principal applies. Also, it is possible to get an egg after the first check - at 0 minutes aka immediately after you give the pokemon to the old man.*

Here's what I found:

"Every 10 minutes, the game will make a check, starting from the moment you place the second Pokemon into the Daycare, from the time you withdraw/discard an egg via the Old Man, or when you log in. This check will come at the same rate, regardless of the species (10 minutes). This check will decide if there will be an egg or not. The chance at passing this check is dependent on two factors. Compatibility and Diversity of the parents. Diversity of the parents simply checks the Original Trainer (OT) of the two parents. If they are the same, the chance is unchanged. If they are different, the chance is increased by a decent percentage. To clarify, the parents are compared to each other, not to you.

Pokemon A + Pokemon B for Trainer A gets the bonus.

Pokemon A + Pokemon B for Trainer B gets the bonus.

Pokemon A + Pokemon B for Trainer C gets the bonus.

Pokemon A + Pokemon A for Trainer A, B, or C, does not get the bonus.

This bonus should be seen as complimentary to the other important factor – compatibility. There are 4 levels of compatibility. (This excludes the bonus)

Level 1 – Same Species (60% + 10% at passing the Egg Check)

“The two seem to get along very well!”

Level 2 – Ditto (45% + 5% at passing the Egg Check) 

“The two seem to get along.”

Level 3 – Different Species, Same Egg Group, No Ditto (30% + 10% at passing the Egg Check)

“The two don’t seem to like each other much.”

Level 4 – Different Egg Groups, No Ditto (0% + 0% at passing the Egg Check – you will not receive an egg this way)"

Back on topic: This could be abused for people like me who breed rare pokemon hoping for a rare shiny egg, though I certainly wouldn't complain about it.

Edited by awkways