Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AxellBlizard

Shiny discussion rate

Recommended Posts

Then again, some ppl getting at 20k meanwhile some other are still looking at their 300~400k seems off.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Then again, some ppl getting at 20k meanwhile some other are still looking at their 300~400k seems off.

Can you explain how you get those numbers? I can't really follow.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Malorne said:

Then again, some ppl getting at 20k meanwhile some other are still looking at their 300~400k seems off.

That is how gambling on true RNG works. It's not an effort-based system. It doesn't care about how much effort you put in. Some of you will get lucky, most of you won't, because it is luck-based.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Kyu said:

 

Any thoughts on making a general mechanics topic for questions like this? would be a hassle to come back to this topic after some time.

Share this post


Link to post

It would be great to do search events scheduled by gm. let some shinys come out who have more luck.Just a tip so that the community is happier.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Malorne said:

yeee, as if people weren't leppa, ss spamming for horde shinies already.....

thats not rng abuse.

Share this post


Link to post

It takes like 10 minutes of reading through Shiny existence thread to realize that its always the same people that manage to get a new shiny after a relatively low number of encounters. meanwhile, people like me or Forfiter got through 200k+ encounters for the first shiny (Probs more for him) and already passed that mark for their second. The whole rng argument becomes flawed when discrepancy rarities like these start occurring too frequently. There are a lot of people with 20+ shinies, which average encounters between shinies is not that large. On the other hand, there is also people with a large encounter number with close to none. Unfortunately, rng is a really good excuse for this since it cant really be counterargumented with 100% certainty, but the fixed 1/30k is far off.

Meanwhile, I am gonna laugh upon that funny statement until some people reach the three digits shiny while many other dont leave the 0, and then maybe you can start thinking about whether to ponder if shiny rate is broken or not.

Share this post


Link to post

Who cares, the only thing special about this is having your name displayed as the original trainer lol

 

How does it actually benefit any of you? it is not like it raises the value of them or benefit you in real life, making you real world money! Want a real challenge? Trick others into giving you their shiny without out right robbin' them! Especially hard if you are a dirty boy! 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Who cares, the only thing special about this is having your name displayed as the original trainer lol

 

How does it actually benefit any of you? it is not like it raises the value of them or benefit you in real life, making you real world money! Want a real challenge? Trick others into giving you their shiny without out right robbin' them! Especially hard if you are a dirty boy! 

Oh yeah, who cares about those 5/6m we could get after deserved hundreds of thousands of encounters, when everything on this game is money based.

Right.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, pachima said:

It takes like 10 minutes of reading through Shiny existence thread to realize that its always the same people that manage to get a new shiny after a relatively low number of encounters. meanwhile, people like me or Forfiter got through 200k+ encounters for the first shiny (Probs more for him) and already passed that mark for their second. The whole rng argument becomes flawed when discrepancy rarities like these start occurring too frequently. There are a lot of people with 20+ shinies, which average encounters between shinies is not that large. On the other hand, there is also people with a large encounter number with close to none. Unfortunately, rng is a really good excuse for this since it cant really be counterargumented with 100% certainty, but the fixed 1/30k is far off.

Meanwhile, I am gonna laugh upon that funny statement until some people reach the three digits shiny while many other dont leave the 0, and then maybe you can start thinking about whether to ponder if shiny rate is broken or not.

The encounter rate is 5/30000 (1/6000) if you're using leppas and hordes, so it's fairly easy to be a winner like PBC and get multiples in <10k.

 

Neither of you were dinged for anti-cheat, but I don't think anything we say will sate you though, so, sorry I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pachima said:

Oh yeah, who cares about those 5/6m we could get after deserved hundreds of thousands of encounters, when everything on this game is money based.

Right.

My point is, you can easily just trick ppl into giving you shiny for free, or just low ball some noob who has no idea what the true values are, which a lot of ppl are fuckin' clueless considering most of them do not even know the forums exist. Just like anything that is money based, if you would just be less moral & more cutthroat then having an OT wouldn't matter because you can just take advantage of ppl's ignorance to make that 5-6 mil, just like real life, duh

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Who cares, the only thing special about this is having your name displayed as the original trainer lol

that's exactly what matters for some people. For example I could buy any (?)  low to mid/high tier below the really rare ones, but do I want them? I don't, not my OT, therefor why I hunted bagon for so long

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, pachima said:

who cares about those 5/6m we could get after deserved hundreds of thousands of encounters

By the time you have that many encounters, you could have made 5m just by playing the game and not shiny hunting.  

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The encounter rate is 5/30000 (1/6000) if you're using leppas and hordes, so it's fairly easy to be a winner like PBC and get multiples in <10k.

 

Neither of you were dinged for anti-cheat, but I don't think anything we say will sate you though, so, sorry I guess.

I am not blaming you or something of the sort, and Yes, I always hunt with hordes. Not even gonna waste my time with single encounters. And yes, rate seems way off. However, is it just not possible that somehow the rate is glitched for some cases? Not saying you are lying or intended, but could be something you overlooked. All I want to discuss is not the average encounters one person needed to get a shiny, but rather how systematical they have become. If I had a shiny after 200k encounter, other after 100k, other after 50k, 70k, 20k, etc, etc, I wouldn´t blame, but I took way over 200k for the first, passed that value already for an eventual second. Many other people are in the same circunstances. Meanwhile, and if you check shiny existence, its fairly obvious, some people claim to get 1 shiny after 20k, another after 10k, third after 25k, etc etc. Dont mind me, these numbers are low, but after 30+ shinies, pretty much all of them with low ratio, one cannot simply make me believe stuff is working as intended. This seems systematic and for the same people all the time. It´s all I wanted to address. 

Edited by pachima
grammar.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, redspawn said:

that's exactly what matters for some people. For example I could buy any (?)  low to mid/high tier below the really rare ones, but do I want them? I don't, not my OT, therefor why I hunted bagon for so long

I can understand for mere collection purposes, being why ppl would want an OT, but to this extent? Just collecting them is hardly worth all of this!

 

but when it seems like ppl only rly care b.c of the fake money they could be making, it does not matter, especially when there are a tons of ways to make money in game, especially from non OT shines 

 

i remember when this  game was basically  sociopath simulator & you could full on pretend to be someone's friend just to steal their shit & no one even bat an eye about it, but it has become too soft lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealLifeAngel said:

i remember when this  game was basically  sociopath simulator & you could full on pretend to be someone's friend just to steal their shit & no one even bat an eye about it, but it has become too soft lol

there is anti-scammer police now

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealLifeAngel said:

I can understand for mere collection purposes

This is why I shiny hunt, but if people hunt with the intent of making profit from it, I don't understand that. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The encounter rate is 5/30000 (1/6000) if you're using leppas and hordes, so it's fairly easy to be a winner like PBC and get multiples in <10k.

 

Neither of you were dinged for anti-cheat, but I don't think anything we say will sate you though, so, sorry I guess.

Does this mean hordes are considered one encounter at 5/30000 so you can never encounter 2 shinies per horde?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, axx said:

there is anti-scammer police now

I know, & I think it is stupid. Scamming is fundamental to Pokemon, thieves & police that do nothing about it exist in the canon & I think it is a pretty poor online Pokemon game if players cannot even assume the role of a thief!

 

but you do not has to scam ppl, that is just my opinion about that! You can easily just take advantage of ppl's ignorance & get the same results. 

 

1 minute ago, ImFunk said:

This is why I shiny hunt, but if people hunt with the intent of making profit from it, I don't understand that. 

Idk what there is not to understand. Ppl farm & hunt tons of shit in real life for profit lol

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Does this mean hordes are considered one encounter at 5/30000 so you can never encounter 2 shinies per horde?

No, he assumes a 5 wild pokemon horde. 30.000/5 = 6000. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.