Sign in to follow this  
AxellBlizard

Shiny discussion rate

heard among many experienced players. that the possibility of a shiny is 1 - 30000. I do not know if it is true or not. but it's just a curiosity,

long ago we had a dynamic r8 with factors like: does the game think you are botting, how new are you, etc.  Its been said recently that they undid that system and that the rate has been static for years now.

User submitted statistics greatly suggest that the rate is 1/32000 now

devs are lying the rate isnt static they pick your rate based on how much they like you. im approaching like 700k encounters no shiny. this rate isnt fair. illuminati. they also gonna lock this thread so you cant discuss because they know the shiny rate isnt fair

16 minutes ago, Xatu said:

long ago we had a dynamic r8 with factors like: does the game think you are botting, how new are you, etc.  Its been said recently that they undid that system and that the rate has been static for years now.

ehhh No. You got it the wrong way around. The rate was static back in 2012 and early 2013. Static meaning if you encounter the needed amount of encounters or less you are guaranteed a shiny which is dumb in my opinion because shinies would be worthless now. A dynamic rate is the right choice that was made. I am pretty sure Desu posted a thread a long time ago explaining the term dynamic. IIRC the site was called The Gambler's Thread. That will give you a better understanding of how the dynamic rate works.

6 minutes ago, Goku said:

ehhh No. You got it the wrong way around. The rate was static back in 2012 and early 2013. Static meaning if you encounter the needed amount of encounters or less you are guaranteed a shiny which is dumb in my opinion because shinies would be worthless now. A dynamic rate is the right choice that was made. I am pretty sure Desu posted a thread a long time ago explaining the term dynamic. IIRC the site was called The Gambler's Thread. That will give you a better understanding of how the dynamic rate works.

yeah kyu redacted that pretty recently.

35 minutes ago, Xatu said:

No the rate isn't static.

This means, rate can change from player to play, from pokemon to pokemon, depending on multiple factors they implemented. A good example of this is, I'm closing in on 600k encounters rn, and nothing to show from it, while there's others who do 10-20k encounters and find one, sometimes multiples a day.

12 minutes ago, redspawn said:

No the rate isn't static.

This means, rate can change from player to play, from pokemon to pokemon, depending on multiple factors they implemented. A good example of this is, I'm closing in on 600k encounters rn, and nothing to show from it, while there's others who do 10-20k encounters and find one, sometimes multiples a day.

Im gonna go ahead and say you are vastly overestimating your amount of wild encounters. If you truly have had 600k encounters and no shinies, the rate is broken no matter how you look at it. 

19 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Im gonna go ahead and say you are vastly overestimating your amount of wild encounters. If you truly have had 600k encounters and no shinies, the rate is broken no matter how you look at it. 

47k bagons, this is not counting solrocks, golbats, hordes.
22k medichams hordes total, including all hordes
I lived in paras cave for about 4-5 months aswell near daily, don't ask me why, I like paras shiny. From capturing paras, to EV'ing comps, and doing hordes here, I believe I'm closing in on 250k, didn't count, this is a rough estimate considering how much I used to capture daily, and the leppas I used, dunno how accurate.
Didn't calc, but I roughly estimated I did 7k in smeargles, nothing much here.
Previous to doing giant chasm I did close to 21k encounters at rapidash in route 12 Unova. 20971 to be exact.
Been Ev'ing, and leveling comps to 50, some to even 100, on giant chasm, amassed 162k piloswine total, unless counter is broken, didn't pay much attention so this one, so honestly can't tell if it was accurate or no, mostly between leveling comps, selling comps, making comps for myself, leveling comps for others from time to time, it ended up in that sum. 

This is counting since August this year. I'm a 2013 player, so there is alone 504k encounters, keep in mind I played before and I hunted before aswell hoppips and some others, back then I didn't calc nor use leppas so I don't have any idea.

Oh yeah I forgot, I don't even count the amount I bred, but for sure I amassed more than 2k breeds aswell, even if little, it still adds up to the total.

Edited by redspawn

29 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

YEAH the shiny rate is broken. they say the shiny rate difference is insignificant between accounts then why tf even make the difference if its insignificant. if the rate was insignificant then how come some people are on their 20th ot and im on my 3rd? (i gave up comp to shiny hunt and all i do is shiny hunt you can ask anyone im not just sitting afk complaining about rate not hunting). devs made a dynamic shiny rate with too high of a variance. theres literally no way the differences in shiny rate is something small. its honestly something like 1/30k-1/100k. dont none of you lame staff come up saying oh but kyu said shiny rate is good and fair fuck that theres no way the shiny rate is fair. theres no way the method that devs decide shiny rate is fair. i dont believe its based on how old your account/and how active you are its probably rng'd then devs look around for familiar names to see which one they can fuck with the most. if it was based on that ppl who started around the same time would have similar amounts of shiny. 

honestly its crazy how long you guys have been hiding behind this shiny rate bullshit.

first it took you 2-3 years to even own up to the massive lies about the shiny rate,

and now you just hide behind some vague static % that makes zero sense at all.

231937d8b79d91013072b76e164f5d47.png

???

just look at jonulo with like 36 OT's, compared to all these ppl making up 500k + encounters numbers.

even if they made up 400k of those encounters, the rate is still fucked.

how about just be honest about it all, what's there to hide?

why would i trust your vague answers, when you've lied before about this exact matter?

Just now, Flavawhat said:

honestly its crazy how long you guys have been hiding behind this shiny rate bullshit.

first it took you 2-3 years to even own up to the massive lies about the shiny rate,

and now you just hide behind some vague static % that makes zero sense at all.

231937d8b79d91013072b76e164f5d47.png

???

just look at jonulo with like 36 OT's, compared to all these ppl making up 500k + encounters numbers.

even if they made up 400k of those encounters, the rate is still fucked.

how about just be honest about it all, what's there to hide?

why would i trust your vague answers, when you've lied before about this exact matter?

yeah perreh told me the same bullshit. nice dude but fuck the shiny rate man. i see goku's fucking sig up there with 5 shinies in 1k hours, my first fucking shiny was after 2k hours smfh. theres literally no way the shiny rate difference is small when this jonulo man has 13xtimes my ots when im one of the oldest players why tf do devs not reward loyalty by giving old players higher rate man fucking i buy donators all the time i buy rp to support game i stay loyal for years and this how they fuck me man my butt is so salty 

One shiny in 3 years, ~8000 hours without absolutely anything while playing the game very actively and attempting to hunt shinies as well (around 1m encounters) with donator.

shiny is a lie

All you guys need to know is that if you wanna get a shiny then become spanish, there is no other way