For the storyline matchup, player parties are now healed after each victory against an Elite 4 train

24 minutes ago, Roche19 said:

The first time is when it's least needed though... 
Even with the level caps from Unova, I had no probs clearing it, but the 5th run is practically impossible to clear without 20 revives, and 50 hyper potions... 

You are not alone in this opinion but ppl was complining a lot how they unable to rollface throught the story(you are still able with setup pokemon anyway) so they tweak it a little i guess.

Edited by Toupi
19 minutes ago, Roche19 said:

The first time is when it's least needed though

Countless new players have complained about the difficulty of the Elite 4 and the prices of healing items, so it would make sense for this to only apply for a players first run through the game, since they may be unable to purchase the needed healing items with the limited amount of money they earned through the story. More experienced players, or players who are already on their 5th run of the Elite 4, should have more resources and easier ways to make money.

This is just how I see it, I don't know their reasoning for the change.

This is an odd premise, but I think there may be something optional to it.

Perhaps a "Heal All" option, that utilizes the amount of revives and potions needed to fully heal your team. Perhaps with a PP Heal option so you don't use Elixirs when you don't want to.

This was done to reduce the cost of beating the Elite Four without making the sets themselves easy. 4-5 battles in a row using only your own items to heal is a very expensive process if the battles are only barely being won, and makes losing late in the run extremely punishing. While grinding for money is an option, it's one that we can't realistically expect every player stuck at this point in the game to do.

While the Elite Four may be easy for experienced players, not everyone is at the same skill level, and not every storyline team is built the same. Some players will naturally struggle more than others, and the huge monetary cost of running the instance heavily limits the number of retries players have against any member after the first. The challenge is the Elite Four themselves now, not the player's lack of supplies.

This healing doesn't apply to the rematches, which are optional.

Edited by RacheLucario