Re-introduce breedable dittos

Malorne

Question

Title ^

Since Unova got implemented, both genderless and same sex pokemon numbers have increased. Given the fact that Ditto was originally removed due to CloneMMO, it serves on other purpose than being a genderless breeder atm. While with the IV breeding and egg move breeding, genderless pokes got the short end of the stick, not to mention once ditto's ability (imposter) is in, it will become highly viable in PvP.

One possible downside would be reducing the cost of low fem/male rate pokemon breeding and their costs, hence a 20k fee for ditto breeding could be more than enough.

Edited by Malorne

15 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I unfortunately lack the time to address the bulk of this ticket, but the pink blob has never been breedable in PokeMMO.

It was, just not intentionally. The very first iteration of breeding allowed you to breed Ditto. It was fixed pretty quickly.

Although no, I don't really agree that it should be a thing again. Hunting Ditto is one of the few actual reasons to hunt really good breeders, don't take that away from it.

Given how upto 6x31 IVs are easy af to obtain now... its only fair that genderless pokemon can be made this like too.

Cause no matter how much you farm, its near impossible to get the perfect desired IVs for them right now.

One must be able to make 6x0 porygon just cause you wanna, I support.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

I unfortunately lack the time to address the bulk of this ticket, but the pink blob has never been breedable in PokeMMO.

it was I had a 6x30-31 Pory2 that was bred like that in 2014.

4 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Given how upto 6x31 IVs are easy af to obtain now... its only fair that genderless pokemon can be made this like too.

Cause no matter how much you farm, its near impossible to get the perfect desired IVs for them right now.

One must be able to make 6x0 porygon just cause you wanna, I support.

It's possible, but yeah it's 10m+ to make a perfect genderless, so in the end it's not worth it at all.

Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that genderless pokemon have taken the short end of the stick in regards of breeding. To the point where u can spend a month to get a somewhat decent genderless pokemon, whereas u just need a bit of cash and 3 4 days tops to breed a good comp. 

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Well that's true - that bug excluded.

I believe we hotfixed that within the hour, as you said.

Actually it was there for atleast a week if not two, some of us just kept silent about it :P

12 hours ago, Quakkz said:

nah, there was a time where you could for example breed geodude with porygon for example

Thats one thing. But there are also single-sex only pokemons. Rufflet, Tauros, Tyrogue, Nidoking, Volbeat for example. (which are only male)