Allow the message to carry /trade behind it

razimove

Question

7 answers to this question

Seems unnecessary, if you remember to put /trade at the end you should remember to change chat in the first place.

Regarding Phobos' situation, I personally usually wait until the 2nd message is sent just in case it was a case of wc. I feel that is good enough to avoid mistaken mutes

Just now, Kizhaz said:

Seems unnecessary, if you remember to put /trade at the end you should remember to change chat in the first place.

Regarding Phobos' situation, I personally usually wait until the 2nd message is sent just in case it was a case of wc. I feel that is good enough to avoid mistaken mutes

I know it seems unnecessary, I also feel that way, like I said, small QoL update. But sometimes it's really annoying, imagine team discussing plays on a match and you just go in and by mistake cause you were alt tabbed or something, spam team chat with WTB Something/WTS something, blabla. From time to time it might become annoying. I used him as a example, I don't know him, but I related myself to/with his problem.

If I WC something, I usually just CTRL+A (select all text), CTRL+C (copy), type /tr, then ctrl+v (paste). 

I guess the biggest problem with this would be if people were typing actual /tr in their sentences. Like, if someone said "I need a ghost wall," and someone said "Dusclops/Trevenant," the /tr would activate the /tr chat, or if someone was trying to tell a friend in team chat "I'm wanting to buy/trade for a shiny Ampharos," the /trade would activate the trade chat.

If they could figure out a way to get past that, though, I'm totes down for this change.

Edited by Johnnicles
9 hours ago, redspawn said:

oh you copy? I just press upper arrow key, and enter, I honestly thought that is how everyone does. 

yea, worst to worst you could open up a text file and just copy your message there, just in case.

up arrow always mess it up if you always chat with others