Leppa Berry Yield

Today I went to collect my leppas, and the result was 5~7 per tree. I don't think I forgot to give them water (or given them too much), and if I got trees with 7 beside trees with 5, kinda supports that I didn't mess up. And this only happened after the 24th Dec patch, I was getting the normal 6~7 yield before that, but the patch notes didn't mentioned any nerf of the sort. Is winter just naturally going hard on leppas ?

Does anyone noticed this or kept getting 6~7 ?

13 minutes ago, FlaFlaPT said:

Read again my OP - you read it too fast. I know it's suppose to be 6~7, I was getting that pre-patch 24th Dec. but today I got 5~7.

Did you get them on time or did you only harvest few hours after they grow? If you waited, they wont yield the same amount.

I never harvest berries on time, always a few hours (2~4 I guess, not sure about this number) after they grew completely, but I never had this issue where it cuts your yield (and I farmed thousands of berries already, never had that issue). Besides, wouldn't that affect the yield of all trees ? I still got a good bunch with 7 and a good bunch with 5, all seeded, water'ed and harvested at the same time.

The time after the berries are ready are wilt time, which is now 8 hours for all berries. It's weird that you still got 7 berries on some plants cuz it means you didn't fuck up. Might be a misspelling in the patchnote or was changed with the latest update...

1 hour ago, FlaFlaPT said:

I never harvest berries on time, always a few hours (2~4 I guess, not sure about this number) after they grew completely, but I never had this issue where it cuts your yield (and I farmed thousands of berries already, never had that issue). Besides, wouldn't that affect the yield of all trees ? I still got a good bunch with 7 and a good bunch with 5, all seeded, water'ed and harvested at the same time.

When I used to plant Leppa's, the most important factor for the yield was getting them not too long after they are fully grown. Their fast growth rate meant watering wasn't as important as they became fully grown before the lack of water could kill them(I used to only water once, and it wasn't always necessary I noticed).

Bear in mind, this was pre-unova update, I am aware their rates are different now, so I'm unsure.

22 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

When I used to plant Leppa's, the most important factor for the yield was getting them not too long after they are fully grown. Their fast growth rate meant watering wasn't as important as they became fully grown before the lack of water could kill them(I used to only water once, and it wasn't always necessary I noticed).

Bear in mind, this was pre-unova update, I am aware their rates are different now, so I'm unsure.

Yeah you can still do that, since it's 20h growth time and you can leave them around 11h without water that you're fine. Still doesn't explain these trees I got with 5. Was hoping someone who harvested them today could feedback on if this is a problem on my side or it's general and was forgotten in the 24th Dec. patch notes. Anyway I seeded today some more leppa trees, tomorrow I'll have more info on this.

9 hours ago, Kizhaz said:
  • Leppa Berry yields have been reduced from 6~8 to 6~7 per plant.

It was changed in a patch to accommodate the abundance of new berry spots

there's no wailmer pail in unova so those new spots are irrelevant and a huge flop