Implement Nasty Plot as tutor

razimove

Question

3 hours ago, Kite said:

But, lets leave some stuff for Sinnoh whenever we get that in 3013. 

Yeah, I agree with that, ok, but not this, I find it slightly important that we at least have access to the right move sets. We already don't have access to a pretty decent pokemon pool. That should be enough of Sinnoh hype in the future imo. This although would help the competitive scene a tiny bit more, allowing to different builds that we currently don't have access to.

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Yeah, I agree with that, ok, but not this, I find it slightly important that we at least have access to the right move sets. We already don't have access to a pretty decent pokemon pool. That should be enough of Sinnoh hype in the future imo. This although would help the competitive scene a tiny bit more, allowing to different builds that we currently don't have access to.

Or players can try out different move sets instead instead of relying on moves like Nasty Plot for Mismagius and the like.

12 hours ago, Kite said:

Or players can try out different move sets instead instead of relying on moves like Nasty Plot for Mismagius and the like.

Whilst they are currently still viable in their respective tiers, Nasty Plot allows Mismagius and Cofagrigus to live up to their full potential by affording them the option to also act as either late game or trick room sweepers, respectively. 

Using "be creative, blah" as a retort to this suggestion holds absolutely no water. Surely you can do better than that lol 

Edited by Zymogen
2 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Whilst they are currently still viable in their respective tiers, Nasty Plot allows Mismagius and Cofagrigus to live up to their full potential by affording them the potential to also act as either late game or trick room sweepers, respectively. 

Using "be creative, blah" as a retort to this suggestion holds absolutely no water. Surely you can do better than that lol 

Ignore him at this point, he's pretty much the shittiest troll on the forums

11 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Whilst they are currently still viable in their respective tiers, Nasty Plot allows Mismagius and Cofagrigus to live up to their full potential by affording them the option to also act as either late game or trick room sweepers, respectively. 

But by leaving Nasty Plot being available by breeding and saving it for Sinnoh, its just 1 more thing to look forward too. You can do without Nasty Plot in the competitive til then

2 hours ago, Kite said:

But by leaving Nasty Plot being available by breeding and saving it for Sinnoh, its just 1 more thing to look forward too. You can do without Nasty Plot in the competitive til then

Gonna kick myself later for trying to reason with an idiot, but obviously you don't comp. Nasty plot is a very needed move, and without it we're just nerfing a perfectly good mon.

"Just save it for later" isn't a valid argument at all, please refrain from posting replies in any thread of you're just gonna spew shit like that.

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

Gonna kick myself later for trying to reason with an idiot, but obviously you don't comp. Nasty plot is a very needed move, and without it we're just nerfing a perfectly good mon.

"Just save it for later" isn't a valid argument at all, please refrain from posting replies in any thread of you're just gonna spew shit like that.

Again, just cause you don't like an argument doesn't mean it isn't an argument. You claim me to be a troll but the way you act makes you worse than a troll.

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

He doens't. That much we all already know, from arguments on this and previous threads.

But cofagrigus and mismagius really suffer a hard hit without nasty plot, makes a few of them builds impossible to use. 

Edited by redspawn

Currently Mismagius has no reason to be used over Gengar in 99% of cases as one of the few things it had access to that differentiated it from Gengar was Nasty Plot.

Cofagrigus is an under-used pokemon that could serve to benefit from having access to Nasty Plot as it is able to use it in addition to Trick Room to be a scary sweeper.

Waiting for the addition of an entire region for the access of Nasty Plot on these mons feels pretty bad, I believe saving content for Sinnoh is a good thing but these are intrinsic parts of the pokemon's move sets that should probably be available as without them they lack a good chunk of reason why they can shine on their own merit.
I think the main things that should be kept to Sinnoh are the actual pokemon themselves and the TMs / HMs found in Sinnoh, not the breeding moves as 90%+ of those are already available and while you could argue that Mismagius is a gen 4 pokemon from Sinnoh and therefore shouldn't be getting its move then what is the reason that Cofagrigus can't get it? Cofagrigus has nothing to do with Sinnoh at all.

I myself am in favour of a move tutor for Nasty Plot being added to the game, or at least making it a special move tutor move or SOMETHING considering that Spiritomb will not be in the game for at least like a year to a year and a half.

This just reminds me of the NPC that had a Milktank that was a single level too low to learn Heal Bell and therefore Heal Bell as a move didn't exist in the meta game as we couldn't sketch it or get a Miltank of our own at that point. Feelsbadman.

17 hours ago, Parke said:

Nasty plot is implemented. Pokemon can learn it, the issue is that Mismagius cant learn it, and thats basically the only thing that makes Mismagius good this gen. Thats the point they're making @Kite

I know Nasty Plot is implemented. I know its a breeding move for Mismagius. My point is that we can save some things for Gen 4 whenever that is worked on, thus Mismagius can wait. 

23 minutes ago, Kite said:

I know Nasty Plot is implemented. I know its a breeding move for Mismagius. My point is that we can save some things for Gen 4 whenever that is worked on, thus Mismagius can wait. 

So keep a pokemon useless for a few years, until eventually in 2020 you get sinnoh, I see, good option mate.

2 hours ago, redspawn said:

So keep a pokemon useless for a few years, until eventually in 2020 you get sinnoh, I see, good option mate.

Just don't reply to him. Discussing anything with this guy is absolutely pointless- you can't discuss with someone who believes only his argument is good and is absolutely closed for any arguments the other side is presenting, blocking him is a good idea as well. I get cancer each time I see him posting in any suggestion thread.

As for the tutor itself, how about we just... implement Spiritomb itself? I mean, we did get Johto starters in Hoenn safari. We could get similar pokes which pass important egg moves implemented this way as well maybe?

Okay, this has gotten way too ridiculous.

Reading this thread, it seems like you people honestly believe that without Nasty Plot, these poor, weak, defenseless ghostie booooisTM are so helpless and frail, they can't possibly compete in this big bad metagame.

But like, that's just not true. Cofagrigus and Mismagius are both perfectly viable without Nasty Plot. Does not having it make them ever so slightly worse? Yeah, just like how not having working moves/abilities/items, implemented Hidden Abilities, or the dozens of other things and moves not being implemented makes certain other pokemon less viable.

And unlike some other pokemon, these 2 are perfectly usable without Nasty Plot. It's not even one of their defining characteristics, although it is probably one of their better moves, they're not unusable; Far from it, they're still pretty good in their tiers.

At the end of the day, there is no reason whatsoever to add a move tutor for 2 pokemon that are perfectly fine without the move. I'm sorry, but I guess at some point, people will have to settle for their B+ rank threats, instead of their A+ rank threats. It's tough, but that's life.

4 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Just don't reply to him. Discussing anything with this guy is absolutely pointless- you can't discuss with someone who believes only his argument is good and is absolutely closed for any arguments the other side is presenting, blocking him is a good idea as well. I get cancer each time I see him posting in any suggestion thread.

As for the tutor itself, how about we just... implement Spiritomb itself? I mean, we did get Johto starters in Hoenn safari. We could get similar pokes which pass important egg moves implemented this way as well maybe?

And because we had too many of Gen 2 pokemon implemented, it was another reason why we didn't get Johto, so adding the pokemon Spiritomb should be a no go. I wouldn't want Sinnoh to become another Johto.

Besides, we have Choice Scarf Mismagius, Choice Specs Mismagius. Hell we can even have Specially Defensive Cofagrigus with Calm Mind and leftovers. And you're telling me that these pokemon without nasty plot is useless? C'mon son. 

9 hours ago, Kite said:

Mismagius is already in the game, Mismagius is here and now, that's like saying "it can wait" to implement gen 4 abilities on pokemon currently in the game because it originates from sinnoh.

You are condemning pokemon to be missing important things that make them usable for 1-3 years because we are arbitrarily saying "It can wait till sinnoh".
I don't think moves and abilities should be kept for sinnoh, I think TMs and Pokemon themselves should.