Personal Shop/Shop Stand

Michelle

Question

Though I assumed this was suggested, looking back through posts it never was, so I'll throw it out there. :)

Option 1, set up a personal stand, this could be indicated with an over head icon, or possibly a Small Table sprite.
(This would allow players to advertise any deals to the general public, as well as give players perusing a town/city something to be wary of-- e.g. good deals, useful items in harder areas, and even Pokemon.)

Option 2, seclude an area and designate it as the player marketplace, where Mart buildings are spawned when a players opens a shop. It would also be neat if players could place an item for you to make an offer on, to simulate the "Sell" option(Though this would be useful in any option of this suggestion). The other variant, due to space limitations, would be pre-rendered Marts that could be claimed by players for a certain amount of time before a cool down occurs. (I'm not sure what's on Birth Island or Navel Rock but that could work nicely.)

Option 3, allow shops to be listed similar to GTL, with the option to open anyone's active shop by right clicking them. They could then advertise they have a shop open, and anyone in the area could then view it. This would work nicely with the Mail system, as I imagine the other options could use a basic trading system. Also, similar to the "Sell" option allow shop owners to list items/pokemon they are looking for-- and the price offered for it. (This was recently suggested and I believe the two ideas could coincide nicely.)

Option 4, allow players to view other's "GTL Listings" in grouped form. Right-click view optional.

Edited by Michelle

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

The topic you linked, while closer to my suggestion, asks for something completely different.

This suggestion has little to nothing to do with improving how the GTL works, I'm looking to give options as to how some offers are accessed/viewed. This is seemingly difficult for others to grasp. I feel like I've stated this 6 times in this thread. Please make your own topic if you're looking to alter something outside of the suggestion. Again, this is merely an atmospheric shift in the way some things are sold.

If you feel that you've written to elaborately, it would probably be a good idea to rephrase it in order for the suggetion to become more accessible, but I personaly don't think it would be necessary.

However, one ambiguity is whether the suggestion should in fact be applied inside the GTL or outside of it.

If it were outside of the GTL, those remarks/concerns made throughout the the thread apply: the 'atmospheric shift' could become clutter of chat or symbols/undermining of the (usage, limits and rules of) GTL /raised difficulty to compare 'similar' offers if shops are individual instead of centralized in the GTL and thus possibly not the best prices for buyers because of the lower competition (though it might be intended to avoid the competition from the GTL?)/possibilities of abuse, e.g. via Alts
> accordingly - if we want to bring it back to an economic discussion - transaction costs would rise which is totally unfavourable

If it were inside of the GTL, it could be seen additions like the ability to search for specific moves
Remarks here were simply to point out that Devs are aware of further imrpovements they could make and we might simple need to continue to be patient while using the options we already have as good as we may

3 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

If you feel that you've written to elaborately, it would probably be a good idea to rephrase it in order for the suggetion to become more accessible, but I personaly don't think it would be necessary.

However, one ambiguity is whether the suggestion should in fact be applied inside the GTL or outside of it.

If it were outside of the GTL, those remarks/concerns made throughout the the thread apply: the 'atmospheric shift' could become clutter of chat or symbols/undermining of the (usage, limits and rules of) GTL /raised difficulty to compare 'similar' offers if shops are individual instead of centralized in the GTL and thus possibly not the best prices for buyers because of the lower competition (though it might be intended to avoid the competition from the GTL?)/possibilities of abuse, e.g. via Alts
> accordingly - if we want to bring it back to an economic discussion - transaction costs would rise which is totally unfavourable

If it were inside of the GTL, it could be seen additions like the ability to search for specific moves
Remarks here were simply to point out that Devs are aware of further imrpovements they could make and we might simple need to continue to be patient while using the options we already have as good as we may

My point wasn't that I've elaborated too far, it's that I've elaborated on scenarios that should be obvious to most-- multiple times.

I would have to say that presenting options such as "could become clutter of chat" without any reasoning as to how, or how it would be any more spam than there currently is, is not very convincing. The presented issue with this suggestion is based on an assumption, because there is no consensus on the subject to refer to. Also yes, the idea is to be able to advertise sales outside of the GTL in areas that they might sell much easier, while also providing new profit avenues.

I'm not sure why you're dead set in making this thread your platform for the Move Search suggestion, but it couldn't be more irrelevant. Yes, it could be seen like anything in the GTL, not sure why Moves is your example when it's not even a real feature.

This suggestion also isn't named, "Should we wait for everything to be fixed in due time?" -- If issues within the GTL have been made apparent to the developers, why frivolously bring them up? This suggestion lies outside of over-all GTL balances, with the intent of making different types of sales easier.