Personal Shop/Shop Stand

Michelle

Question

Though I assumed this was suggested, looking back through posts it never was, so I'll throw it out there. :)

Option 1, set up a personal stand, this could be indicated with an over head icon, or possibly a Small Table sprite.
(This would allow players to advertise any deals to the general public, as well as give players perusing a town/city something to be wary of-- e.g. good deals, useful items in harder areas, and even Pokemon.)

Option 2, seclude an area and designate it as the player marketplace, where Mart buildings are spawned when a players opens a shop. It would also be neat if players could place an item for you to make an offer on, to simulate the "Sell" option(Though this would be useful in any option of this suggestion). The other variant, due to space limitations, would be pre-rendered Marts that could be claimed by players for a certain amount of time before a cool down occurs. (I'm not sure what's on Birth Island or Navel Rock but that could work nicely.)

Option 3, allow shops to be listed similar to GTL, with the option to open anyone's active shop by right clicking them. They could then advertise they have a shop open, and anyone in the area could then view it. This would work nicely with the Mail system, as I imagine the other options could use a basic trading system. Also, similar to the "Sell" option allow shop owners to list items/pokemon they are looking for-- and the price offered for it. (This was recently suggested and I believe the two ideas could coincide nicely.)

Option 4, allow players to view other's "GTL Listings" in grouped form. Right-click view optional.

Edited by Michelle

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

I give up, I honestly do. How can people not understand such a simple concept.

Yes, become passive aggressive, that'll drive the point home? Whether you want to direct your arguments at me is your choice I suppose, but I will tell you that I have personally made plenty of reasonable Pokemon posts in the GTL that sat there for weeks on end before I eventually just give them away to someone with intent on playing the game. This could effectively streamline this connection, allowing me to connect with more intensive new players, while still providing a monetary barrier. This would open a new market usage.

22 hours ago, redspawn said:

Yes, people hang on cities to talk, not to visit pseudo shops when they can already do that, and more efficiently, key word efficiently, with GTL. If an optimal solution was provided, why downgrade? And yes that's exactly how it would look like, a place full of lag for those with less powerful computers,  a clusterfuck for everyone, and overall a waste of space.

You would literally be able to do both, like I said if there was no afk limit ppl would just sit idly in cities except without a purpose! At least this way, while ppl are sittin' around having their circle jerks they could also be providing a use to other players by selling stuff lol & lag would not be an issue considering there is an afk limit ;o 

you have not even considered the players who do not use the forums & that is a large majority of players too! Most of you only know about the GTL b.c of the forums, I would be willing to bet that most of the player base (remember most do not use forums) probably has no idea it even exists &/or likely do not even understand it or do not even care to use it lol so this could be a feature alternate to the GTL for those who has no care for / knowledge of it's existence!

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

but I will tell you that I have personally made plenty of reasonable Pokemon posts in the GTL that sat there for weeks on

No you didn't. If they were reasonable pokemons, or at reasonable values, people would have bought. You're saying that to someone who literally made all his cash flipping GTL because I'm to lazy to farm? Please, I'm always with 600-800 listings and I sell stuff daily.

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

give them away to someone with intent on playing the game.

There's one thing named trade, idk if you ever heard of such concept, it makes a connection between 2 people in which you can trade cash, items, pokemon. This means you can also give them pokemons for free. That would open N new market as you'd literally be selling the same, sorry for the term but I'm kinda tired, and since you might not understand in less autistic terms, crap pokemon that really nobody wants. You're selling the same thing that's on GTL, in a more boring way to search, that would attract the likes of none because once again, dunno if I already said it, GTL exists. 

Only argument I can see in favor of this, would be to have some nostalgia towards older mmos, like the titles I told you, and even then I can tell you, it's a cancer to have to check markets, one by one. That's why for ragnarokeurope, amity-guild.de was allowed to setup a bot that would check stalls 1 by 1 and update the database in the website. It's like a old school GTL system that instead you search on it, then you walk to that store to buy it. And once again, please stop with the ''your pc lacks specs or anything'', learn what a entity is to a program that relies heavily on java.

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

No you didn't. If they were reasonable pokemons, or at reasonable values, people would have bought. You're saying that to someone who literally made all his cash flipping GTL because I'm to lazy to farm? Please, I'm always with 600-800 listings and I sell stuff daily.

There's one thing named trade, idk if you ever heard of such concept, it makes a connection between 2 people in which you can trade cash, items, pokemon. This means you can also give them pokemons for free. That would open N new market as you'd literally be selling the same, sorry for the term but I'm kinda tired, and since you might not understand in less autistic terms, crap pokemon that really nobody wants. You're selling the same thing that's on GTL, in a more boring way to search, that would attract the likes of none because once again, dunno if I already said it, GTL exists. 

Only argument I can see in favor of this, would be to have some nostalgia towards older mmos, like the titles I told you, and even then I can tell you, it's a cancer to have to check markets, one by one. That's why for ragnarokeurope, amity-guild.de was allowed to setup a bot that would check stalls 1 by 1 and update the database in the website. It's like a old school GTL system that instead you search on it, then you walk to that store to buy it. And once again, please stop with the ''your pc lacks specs or anything'', learn what a entity is to a program that relies heavily on java.

That's like saying no one buys Milk at the convenience store because it's obviously cheaper and already available at grocery stores. I'm not sure where your basis in standard economics was formed but I would reevaluate my logic if I were you.

Edited by Michelle
Just now, Michelle said:

That's like saying no one buys Milk at the convenience store because it's obviously cheaper and already available at grocery stores.

No, this is like saying, none will use a nokia 3310 when they can buy a android for a similiar value and have a more efficient device. Not sure where your logic was formed, but you should reevaluate your logic.

Just now, redspawn said:

No, this is like saying, none will use a nokia 3310 when they can buy a android for a similiar value and have a more efficient device. Not sure where your logic was formed, but you should reevaluate your logic.

What this truly is, at its core, is suppliers to market vs suppliers markets. Very, very different.

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

No, what's truly at core here, is a bad suggestion, vs a optimal and efficient one, that is currently functioning.

The core is:

Is it viable? No

Is it needed? No

Does it bring any value to the game? No

Does it help new players in any way? No.

The original post in no way combats GTL(It's even stated so). I'm sorry you feel threatened because, like you said, you use GTL avidly. Perhaps your opinion is too biased for a globally focused view on the market changes this would provide for players like me.

Edited by Michelle

Yes because if anything has come across to you, it's that I'm not understanding your arguments? That's why you're still posting here.. because they're being responded to accordingly, I'm the one who's tired of dealing with a one note argument that holds little to no merit in the discussion. There are nearly 800 Pokemon now, and you're just avidly defending GTL as if every pokemon's sale is possible. The chances of that have recently become much more slim, with the addition of a localized prominent showcase(Shop), Pokemon caught by beginners that other's might be having a hard time with can then be sold.(Example: Pikachu in Viridian can be elusive to some, but plentiful to others, making a shop possible even in early stages.)

15 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yes because if anything has come across to you, it's that I'm not understanding your arguments? That's why you're still posting here.. because they're being responded to accordingly, I'm the one who's tired of dealing with a one note argument that holds little to no merit in the discussion. There are nearly 800 Pokemon now, and you're just avidly defending GTL as if every pokemon's sale is possible. The chances of that have recently become much more slim, with the addition of a localized prominent showcase(Shop), Pokemon caught by beginners that other's might be having a hard time with can then be sold.(Example: Pikachu in Viridian can be elusive to some, but plentiful to others, making a shop possible even in early stages.)

Example pikachu can be bought on GTL, by some, and even by you. Damn, it's surprising, isn't it? Oh wow you can even search for particular IVs or nature you might want? Even for the pokemon gender or if you want shiny or not? WOW SUPRISING!

Prominent showcase? Sorry, there's probably ~10 to 15 people here on the entire community who'd have a really good showcase, out of which the biggest showcase is a anonymous one who doens't really show much other than to friends, one is a dead guy, two of the others are from known RMTers. Nice. So worth it.

Once again, your argument holds 0 value, 0 interest and overall isn't even worth argumenting against. Instead, read my arguments, what other people are saying to you and stop being a narrow minded kid. Listen to what others are saying. This suggestion is garbage just like the pokemons you're trying to sell most likely. 

___

TL;DR, no your suggestion is bad, it holds no future, and doens't help anyone, nor new players nor old players, they all have access to GTL, and if they are having a hard time catching something and quit the game due to that, well, to bad, maybe they weren't fit for a game that requires you to put a bit of effort in.

Edited by redspawn
11 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Example pikachu can be bought on GTL, by some, and even by you. Damn, it's surprising, isn't it? Oh wow you can even search for particular IVs or nature you might want? Even for the pokemon sex or if you want shiny or not? WOW SUPRISING!

Prominent showcase? Sorry, there's probably ~10 to 15 people here on the entire community who'd have a really good showcase, out of which the biggest showcase is a anonymous one who doens't really show much other than to friends, one is a dead guy, two of the others are from known RMTers. Nice. So worth it.

Once again, your argument holds 0 value, 0 interest and overall isn't even worth argumenting against. Instead, read my arguments, what other people are saying to you and stop being a narrow minded kid. Listen to what others are saying. This suggestion is garbage just like the pokemons you're trying to sell most likely. 

___

TL;DR, no your suggestion is bad, it holds no future, and doens't help anyone, nor new players nor old players, they all have access to GTL, and if they are having a hard time catching something and quit the game due to that, well, to bad, maybe they weren't fit for a game that requires you to put a bit of effort in.

Adorable, but the Pikachu example was a reference to what would occur to prices at the level. Making Area-based economic structures possible. While Pikachus might generally go for 1-2k+ in the GTL, in Pewter they might go for 4-500 for a profit turn on Pokeballs. Welcome to the suggestion.

The showcase phrasing was meant to imply that rather than posting a Pokemon that falls into a sea of recently posted/more expensive Pokemon, to never be sold, it could then be visually posted by the player in an area it might serve purpose.

I'm sorry you don't seem to want to see the benefits, because truly I cannot believe someone to misunderstand this far without some sort of predetermination.

*Added new suggestion option, a bit of an epiphany due to recent "discussions."

Edited by Michelle
3 hours ago, redspawn said:

You know who you remind me of? That kid from 1 year ago or so, that suggested dittos to sell for at least 2k so he'd make profit on every ultra ball. I don't even know if this is supposed to be taken seriously or not honestly.

I'm taken aback, yet not surprised that your comparison has little to no value. Changing the prices within a market is something far different than changing the ease of access to lesser focused areas/newer players/players starting in a new region.

Edited by Michelle
45 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm taken aback, yet not surprised that your comparison has little to no value. Changing the prices within a market is something far different than changing the ease of access to lesser focused areas/newer players/players starting in a new region.

Let me shit on that real quick.
1- people who start new wont have enough money to buy those, making it pointless
2- people who start new can't trade till they have the 4th badge, making it pointless yet again
3- people who start a new region after finishing another one can prepare level 1-5 pokes on their next journey via breeding, making this pointless, surprisingly yet again. 
4- people who start new will have to deal with massive amounts of connection and graphical latency due to the sheer number of people, making it more harmful than useful. 
5- those shops wont have much variety since it will be limited to "per shop" while a player can view the market on GTL for their desired pokemon much easier, making this suggestion just a waste of space to that end.

Should i keep going or is it still strengthening your argument?

Actually yes, strengthened indeed, I'm really getting to air out the entirety of the benefits of this suggestion.

1. The idea of area-based economic structures might be lost on you so I'll explain, when it is assumed an area(and players within it) holds a certain amount of money readily available, the prices then adjust to profits, and any massive gains are then based on amount sold, rather than massively profiting off of one sale. Meaning sales could be cheaper for those at a starting level, and much more frequent to those looking to sell.

2. The reason this suggestion wasn't "unlock trading before the 4th gym" was because it is a system outside of those rules. Making sales towards people unable to access GTL, or trade, even more likely. In-fact increasing the usage in starting areas.

3. This option is great, but not always the path taken. This would open options, and perhaps even diminish the necessity of breeding new Pokemon to start with, as you could rely on reasonably priced good starter shops to be posted around starting towns(Yes the prices would adjust to what players can afford). Perhaps new players could use shops as an early way to earn money for a different approach to the game(Though this might be too distracting from discovering all the possibilities in each region).

4. No more load on the server than the current GTL viewing and posting system, with a proposed extra link to view the "Listed Offers" a player has.

5. The idea is to highlight the lesser sold, more useful items. While sales are made on the GTL just fine, this is just an atmospheric shift to the ease of access/convenience for some situations.

I'm not sure where the above assumptions you posted came from, but here are some clarifications.

Edited by Michelle
6 hours ago, Michelle said:

2. The reason this suggestion wasn't "unlock trading before the 4th gym" was because it is a system outside of those rules. Making sales towards people unable to access GTL, or trade, even more likely. In-fact increasing the usage in starting areas.

They put that system for a reason u know that right?

let me tell you how to that can be exploitable. 
1- person creates an alt
2- person opens second client
3- person walks into a remove position away from the bunch
4- person waits for its alt to stand next to main
5- person puts up a shop and make everything coz $1

On 24.12.2017 at 3:40 AM, Michelle said:

Though I assumed this was suggested, looking back through posts it never was, so I'll throw it out there. :)

084.png

But concerning this suggestion thread:

23 hours ago, Michelle said:

The world won't turn to shops for regular priced sales, but for niche area/utility based sales.

16 hours ago, Michelle said:

The idea is to highlight the lesser sold, more useful items. While sales are made on the GTL just fine, this is just an atmospheric shift to the ease of access/convenience for some situations.

What I currently fail to see is: What is this niche exactly and why could it not exist inside the GTL?
I'd prefer suggestions to improvements to the GTL itself if you think players are left out of that market, e.g.:

22 hours ago, Michelle said:

While Pikachus might generally go for 1-2k+ in the GTL, in Pewter they might go for 4-500 for a profit turn on Pokeballs.

-> suggest a lower listing fee for the GTL

I don't see this suggestion happening if it aims on bypassing the limits set for trades via GTL.

As Malorne said: Those rules are in place for - in my opinion good - reasons.

On 16.7.2017 at 8:08 PM, Kyu said:

[...]

It has an effect which is hard to quantify to people who don't see the stats we do. We call this our "churn rate" -- how fast people can blow through the storyline and realize that there's not much else to do. By accelerating that type of gameplay, it reduces the overall amount of time players spend on things we spend an immense amount of time on, which reduces its time cost:reward ratio for dev time. Slowing down the storyline and preventing that acceleration is how we can grab a person's attention, and so that they stay long enough that we can convert them into someone who goes long-term and can see other aspects of the game.

There are many other flaws to the storyline besides this, but the GTL, and people dumping literally everything onto it forever, exacerbates them dramatically. That's why we're implementing limits.

[...]

Anthrazit - That initial suggestion was website based, before GTL was ever theorized, so options have since expanded. The 2nd you linked was not well written and the idea was not developed on, or given options. This suggestion was born of the recent changes in-game, as in more Pokemon, harder story line, and marketplace usage.

As for the GTL expansions, this could essentially become part of the GTL. Giving players the option to quickly view other's "Listed Offers." This would also negate any issues with early game trading/buying(Kyu's issue), as the rules would be based on the GTL's current system. It is why I provided multiple options.

redspawn - Your assumptions towards my emotional state really only tells me how you react to a discussion. It is funny how you listed actual problems within the GTL(But present no want for it to be fixed), though my post that had pointed out that the Mail system can be used to workaround any early game trading restrictions was mysteriously deleted. You had even responded to it, yet you persist my point is based on not knowing Mail or Trade exists? It's like talking to a wall in the vacuum of space.

Malorne - That will happen when clear balances and workarounds for any issues are presented and then rather than building on the discussion. You continue to build on your initial problem, after I've factually told you why these problems won't be as prominent as you've assumed. Especially since there are multiple optional approaches, and the idea is open to discussion and possible balances, but the "GTL IS A THING" argument has no place here.

--
Any mods reading this, not sure why a number of my posts pertaining to abusing the Mail system were deleted-- but if problems can't be discussed in a suggestion forum, best of luck.

Edited by Michelle

On 12/31/2017 at 6:10 PM, Malorne said:

They put that system for a reason u know that right?

let me tell you how to that can be exploitable. 
1- person creates an alt
2- person opens second client
3- person walks into a remove position away from the bunch
4- person waits for its alt to stand next to main
5- person puts up a shop and make everything coz $1

as for a relevant image

Reveal hidden contents

f63.png 

Aww hun.. Mail.

I had stated that perhaps shops could even be an early-game option for new players to use, as they're locked out of the GTL initially. It was then argued that players could sell things to themselves for 1$ to transfer items. My response was that the mail system can already achieve this. Though this is a minuscule (possible)part of one option I have laid out.

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

Anthrazit - That initial suggestion was website based, before GTL was ever theorized, so options have since expanded. The 2nd you linked was not well written and the idea was not developed on, or given options. This suggestion was born of the recent changes in-game, as in more Pokemon, harder story line, and marketplace usage.

As for the GTL expansions, this could essentially become part of the GTL. Giving players the option to quickly view other's "Listed Offers." This would also negate any issues with early game trading/buying(Kyu's issue), as the rules would be based on the GTL's current system. It is why I provided multiple options.

Ok, so if I understand it correctly it becomes more like this suggestion?

I'd like if improvements were possible in the GTL.
Lowering the minimum listing fee of 1k might not happen to provide a money sink and also is a fee for using the convenience of the GTL instead of trade chat.

What I believe would really open a new niche and be beneficial to all were 'Moves' being added to the filter system of the GTL.

I then see people stuck on Route 10 in Kanto buying cheap Pokemon with flash off your hands
Or a market for species with desired eggmoves - I can imagine you teaching several wild male Smeargle Curse/Wish/... in Artisan Cave, catching them and still sell them with profit even with 1k minimum fee in place.

An interesting issue might be how we are able to indicate the features that did not exist in the original games to new players more easily/naturally while they are playing the game? Would be nice if they were made aware of the GTL/Gift Shop/FAQs via 'H' (maybe also with tabs for the FAQs listed in different languages)/this Forum (which is not even linked anymore int he ingame FAQs since recent years)/...

7 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Ok, so if I understand it correctly it becomes more like this suggestion?

I'd like if improvements were possible in the GTL.
Lowering the minimum listing fee of 1k might not happen to provide a money sink and also is a fee for using the convenience of the GTL instead of trade chat.

What I believe would really open a new niche and be beneficial to all were 'Moves' being added to the filter system of the GTL.

I then see people stuck on Route 10 in Kanto buying cheap Pokemon with flash off your hands
Or a market for species with desired eggmoves - I can imagine you teaching several wild male Smeargle Curse/Wish/... in Artisan Cave, catching them and still sell them with profit even with 1k minimum fee in place.

An interesting issue might be how we are able to indicate the features that did not exist in the original games to new players more easily/naturally while they are playing the game? Would be nice if they were made aware of the GTL/Gift Shop/FAQs via 'H' (maybe also with tabs for the FAQs listed in different languages)/this Forum (which is not even linked anymore int he ingame FAQs since recent years)/...

The topic you linked, while closer to my suggestion, asks for something completely different.

This suggestion has little to nothing to do with improving how the GTL works, I'm looking to give options as to how some offers are accessed/viewed. This is seemingly difficult for others to grasp. I feel like I've stated this 6 times in this thread. Please make your own topic if you're looking to alter something outside of the suggestion. Again, this is merely an atmospheric shift in the way some things are sold.

Edited by Michelle
3 hours ago, Michelle said:

This suggestion has little to nothing to do with improving how the GTL works

If I understand your concept correctly, your suggestion is something out of GTL too

Please correct me if im wrong