Ordering system for GTL

OrangeManiac

Question

I think there's one feature for GTL that could make it even more handy as it currently is, and that is the option of making an "order" to GTL. To demonstrate how this would exactly work, I'd very much compare my idea to how the item sales work in Steam market. In PokeMMO you should be able to make an order by putting a certain amount of money and if someone meets the criteria of your order, they can trade their Pokemon/Item and claim the money you deposited in GTL for that order. This can be used for both buying Pokemon and items.

Buying items would be pretty straight forward. List the item name you want, deposit your amount of yen you're willing to pay for one and if someone wants to take your offer they just accept the offer in GTL - that item will be removed from the person and the one who made the order will receive that item.

For Pokemon buying, you could take advantage of the search feature in order to buy Pokemon. You could either buy specific Pokemon or breeders and you can set the criteria on GTL. Let's say you want a Fairy breeder, IVs 25+/25+/25+/0+/25+/31 and you would set these criteria into the GTL order feature, while depositing your order money. If someone has a Pokemon that fits these criteria, they can trade the Pokemon for this money through GTL.

Just like in listing items, if the person making the order will not get any sellers in 30 days the "deposit money" will obviously return to the person who made the order, minus tax of course.

18 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Desu said:

One problem I can foresee is it will be full of trash requests. Things like "31 iv + shiny + god tier for $10". I can't really think of a way to prevent it either.

one thing could be a max amount of orders, other thing might be that you have to order above a certain amount of money 

23 minutes ago, Desu said:

One problem I can foresee is it will be full of trash requests. Things like "31 iv + shiny + god tier for $10". I can't really think of a way to prevent it either.

c8b5cdd36264cf7a1e6a365fabd46602.png

Someone said trash request? ;v)

Maybe we would need to make a reasonable tax for this. Maybe a specific tax for requesting a shiny pokemon?

24 minutes ago, Desu said:

I can't really think of a way to prevent it either.

There are ways, but its relatively stupid and tedious to implement. 
One being monthly price recalls to set an average on the GTL, depending mostly on community prices during that month (item x : average price during the month / price gap between). Which is literally useless in terms of active GTL listing but only effective on "order" averages (<--- both stupid and tedious) top of my head really, but wont be able to prevented other than system checks instead of player checks.
Other being staff policing deliberate obvious low balling to the extreme where it just pollutes the damn thing. (inb4 trade mods)

I mean, there are already trash sells rn, which literally no one gives a shit about (seriously, 300m pokeball) i'd say let them figure it out on their own.
Maybe an anonymous dialog panel between the person demanding and the person providing to have a bargain or what not. (<---- stupid too, too much spam) 

38 minutes ago, Desu said:

That's a very fair point. I guess if someone could have only 1-3 orders at a time, then it wouldn't be littered with trash posts. Other way is to have a minimum tax of [insert money], but that takes away the use for lower price commodities which are like 99% of GTL's contents.

So I'd say the best work around is to give someone only max 3 orders in GTL at once.

3 hours ago, Desu said:

Nothing a few queries, to pull the highest offer etc, wouldn't fix. And a graphic or something, showing the average value the pokemon or item have sold in the past for. And how much it has increased/decreased compared to lets say, last week.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Nothing a few queries, to pull the highest offer etc, wouldn't fix. And a graphic or something, showing the average value the pokemon or item have sold in the past for. And how much it has increased/decreased compared to lets say, last week.

It's really really really not fucking trivial to get an expected value of something. There's way too many variables that influence price, from nature to ivs to egg moves to species to shinyness down to the held item. Combine this with economic fluctuations there's very likely not to be anything truly comparable.

Then you take this already small list f comparables and add in the ability to buy your own listings via an alt and you can make anything look valuable.

6 minutes ago, Desu said:

It's really really really not fucking trivial to get an expected value of something. There's way too many variables that influence price, from nature to ivs to egg moves to species to shinyness down to the held item. Combine this with economic fluctuations there's very likely not to be anything truly comparable.

Then you take this already small list f comparables and add in the ability to buy your own listings via an alt and you can make anything look valuable.

actually didn't even consider egg moves, but just like on CS:GO market, you have a inspect option, that allows you to check the state, float value etc, of a skin. Something like that could be arranged.

About alt, yeahh that's actually a problem given we have a small community, not thousand of new skins introduced in the market daily. That one is probably the biggest problem.

Edited by redspawn
1 hour ago, Desu said:

There's way too many variables that influence price, from nature to ivs to egg moves to species to shinyness down to the held item.

Which should be the least of your worries tbh, to have an automated system policing it would indirectly have staff dictating prices to a degree.

EDIT : Guess the best viable method would be to allow an "offer/bargain" section to said order

i.e.
Order : Pokemon x, IV x/x/x/x/x/x/, shiny/normal, movepool : x/x/x/x, Nature : x, Ability : X

set offer : xxxxxxx

Which allows players to choose between offers, where players will be forced to put proper prices in order for their stuff to be sold.

Edited by Malorne
8 hours ago, Desu said:

Trash being offered for sale seems like it would be much easier for users to filter out. You have a good idea of what you want to buy, but searching for everything you can sell is a bit harder to filter.

I'm not a very smart person when it comes to systems and code but is it possible that maybe something like this would be possible:

In order to prevent trash requests showing the top highest offers for an item are shown on GTL first, for instance say I go to sell my 2 x 31 IV Ditto with Speed and Sp. Att, I place the ditto in and it returns the highest paying one that would be happy with the stats of my ditto, it wouldn't matter if there were 2,000 trash requests as only the highest would ever appear unless you looked for lower by scrolling, even if there were 20 people offering 1,000$ for it only the current highest offers, say like 50,000$ would show and who is buying for that much.

If you were to combine this with a "Commision fee / deposit" of say like 1,500$ it means that people couldn't make 100's of them without wasting money since while SOME people would sell stuff for that honestly scam-like price they would likely overall lose money trying to do it due to the deposit.

I'm probably horrendously over simplifying it or like forgetting a major issue, but hopefully this kinda made sense.

28 minutes ago, Matoka said:

for instance say I go to sell my 2 x 31 IV Ditto with Speed and Sp. Att, I place the ditto in and it returns the highest paying one that would be happy with the stats of my ditto, it wouldn't matter if there were 2,000 trash requests as only the highest would ever appear unless you looked for lower by scrolling, even if there were 20 people offering 1,000$ for it only the current highest offers, say like 50,000$ would show and who is buying for that much.

Hmm, It might work on an individual basis. I was imagining a more of "Show me everything that I own that people might want to buy".

22 minutes ago, Desu said:

Hmm, It might work on an individual basis. I was imagining a more of "Show me everything that I own that people might want to buy".

Probably better to take a poke you want (to sell), put it into the UI and then it goes " The person who will pay the most for that is X who will offer Y and they were looking for Z in your pokemon"

Edited by Matoka

4 hours ago, Matoka said:

I'm probably horrendously over simplifying it or like forgetting a major issue, but hopefully this kinda made sense

13 hours ago, Desu said:

You're basically presenting the solution of "ignoring" the lowballing by simply scrolling up. The sheer amount of stupid offers is going to be disgusting.

20 minutes ago, Malorne said:

You're basically presenting the solution of "ignoring" the lowballing by simply scrolling up. The sheer amount of stupid offers is going to be disgusting.

You can never prevent low-balling in a free market, however if you make it where the highest offer is always the one displayed initially for your item then why do you care if there are trash requests beneath them? That's like saying we "Ignore" people asking for 1,000,000$ for a random magikarp on the GTL by sorting Cheapest first...

It's just the reverse, you'll likely never be able to (Without unwanted side effects) put automatic filters in place for this kinda thing.

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

You can never prevent low-balling in a free market, however if you make it where the highest offer is always the one displayed initially for your item then why do you care if there are trash requests beneath them? That's like saying we "Ignore" people asking for 1,000,000$ for a random magikarp on the GTL by sorting Cheapest first...

It's just the reverse, you'll likely never be able to (Without unwanted side effects) put automatic filters in place for this kinda thing.

8 hours ago, Malorne said:

EDIT : Guess the best viable method would be to allow an "offer/bargain" section to said order

i.e.
Order : Pokemon x, IV x/x/x/x/x/x/, shiny/normal, movepool : x/x/x/x, Nature : x, Ability : X

set offer : xxxxxxx

Which allows players to choose between offers, where players will be forced to put proper prices in order for their stuff to be sold.

So let me put it this way, you (player a) put up an order, and someone (player b) puts up the poke of your request in an offer/bargain state with his price. He wont be putting it for $10 coz that'd mean he'll be biting himself in the ass, ridiculously high, it wont sell. It forces the player to put up proper prices for their own benefit. 
Simply because that the person (player b) has went through the trouble of breeding the pokemon that was requested. Granted, there will be a few super high prices for it where u can simply "ignore" and move on to the next guy. So in the long run, it narrows to 10-15 offers than 2k- 3k bidders. difference is very clear.