[LC Discussion] Regirock

jbxZ83k.png

The introduction of Unova has brought many new things to the competitive world, with LC receiving many new Pokemon and items. Working Eviolite will shape the LC meta and allow better defensive play. However, even Eviolite will not prepare these tots for a major threat: Regirock.

Breaking new ground as the first Pokemon in LC without an evolution, Regirock sure has a place in the tier. It holds the highest BST among LC Pokemon with a total of 580, and these stats are not distributed poorly. It has the best Defense in the tier with a base of 200, with a good 100 in Attack and decent 100 Special Defense, along with 80 HP. While it is slow, having only 50 base Speed, it can take advantage of Trick Room or use Curse to boost its already great Defense to massive levels. In addition to boosting with Curse, it can play a more defensive role and set Stealth Rock and use Toxic or Thunder Wave to cripple its opponents. However, it is easily revenge killed, falling to strong special moves after some damage, and it hates any status besides paralysis. It also cannot heal outside of items or Rest, which hampers its longevity.

Is Regirock too strong for LC? Can the baby Pokemon of the tier stand up to it? This thread will be used for all discussion related to Regirock in LC.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 9:01 PM, Senile said:

idk how the fuck i, in the process of writing this joke post, somehow managed to convince myself Regirock wouldn't be broken in LC. someone send help.

i think that just goes to show how bad regirock actually is