[PSL9] Season Baen9neXL - THE HYPE THREAD

7 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I would like to see another showdown tier tbh. SM OU or VGC for LC imo.

Also, if anyone wants to send 5m, I'll match it.

If Eviolite are not implanted in time, I agree to remove the LC
Otherwise LC hype

Edited by MknsZblex
3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I would like to see another showdown tier tbh. SM OU or VGC for LC imo.

Also, if anyone wants to send 5m, I'll match it.

Nah, the biggest criticism last season was the continued lack of skill or depth in that 2nd showdown tier. 

In addition, staff have been pushing LC since it was first launched even when it was a shitty tier. With the added depth and the impeding addition of eviolite, this tier is really showing some promise. Add that staff will one day add it back to the TT I'm more than happy getting players interested in it again. 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Nah, the biggest criticism last season was the continued lack of skill or depth in that 2nd showdown tier. 

In addition, staff have been pushing LC since it was first launched even when it was a shitty tier. With the added depth and the impeding addition of eviolite, this tier is really showing some promise. Add that staff will one day add it back to the TT I'm more than happy getting players interested in it again. 

The lack of skill or depth in that 2nd showdown tier is more than likely due to them being very new at the time. Time has gone by and the tiers have stabilised with people having more time to practice, so I feel like we would could shut down the last seasons criticism to an extent.

Just because staff push for something, doesn't mean we have to use it. It's our own event, and the great thing is we can do it how we like. If people like a 2nd showdown tier more, then why the hell not? As far as I'm concerned, LC wasn't always the most loved tier and even now with no eviolite it's absolutely not going to get any better. We can hope eviolite is complete by the time we start, but why even risk it when the other options are probably more favoured to many?

4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

The lack of skill or depth in that 2nd showdown tier is more than likely due to them being very new at the time. Time has gone by and the tiers have stabilised with people having more time to practice, so I feel like we would could shut down the last seasons criticism to an extent.

Just because staff push for something, doesn't mean we have to use it. It's our own event, and the great thing is we can do it how we like. If people like a 2nd showdown tier more, then why the hell not? As far as I'm concerned, LC wasn't always the most loved tier and even now with no eviolite it's absolutely not going to get any better. We can hope eviolite is complete by the time we start, but why even risk it when the other options are probably more favoured to many?

I've seen two comments about LC thus far and so I'm not ready to make any arguments about the community's perspective on this. People have pushed for LC before and people have argued against it before (me).

And for me personally, I'm more than welcome pushing for a shitty pokemmo tier over a dead showdown tier the more I think about it. 

If I just say "LC" is happening now, players will build for it. I am banking on eviolite though. We need it. 

I think NU is out of the question at this point, even UU isn't really a thing at this point, I would be hesitant to have 2 UU's at this point in time, since there are some things in UU that are clearly getting enough usage in OU and there are probably some things in OU that could afford to be UU.

Tier Council is somewhat hesitant to do any tiering until we get some more functioning moves+abilities that are important to the meta and probably eviolite/focus sash implementation. Last season of SPL, since it was so early after SM release, they only had SM OU tiers, and I think that would be a viable option here.

Now some people might be like, I don't want to play OU, I prefer UU, but in reality, if you're playing a made up UU tier that has potentially OU pokemon in it, are you really playing UU? :thonking:

4 hours ago, Kimikozen said:

I'd rather have another MMO tier over showdown. SM was shitshow, and people actually good at SM are spread thin through other tiers. would rather see LC or NU.

Pretty sure the reason SM was a shitshow was because it was new still? Which is the same reason you could apply to MMO tiers bar OU maybe rn. 

SM is decent right now, if you'd call that bigger shitshow than MMO tiers right now, then I need whatever substance it is you're taking.

49 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

Pretty sure the reason SM was a shitshow was because it was new still? Which is the same reason you could apply to MMO tiers bar OU maybe rn. 

SM is decent right now, if you'd call that bigger shitshow than MMO tiers right now, then I need whatever substance it is you're taking.

SM was like 6-8 months into its meta cycle. It had plenty of time to mature and no major bans were made during PSL. The only problem I had with the tier was dugtrio but honestly that was almost never abused in PSL anyway. It's not the tier that was the the major shitshow (I'd say it was only 50% if the problem), it was mainly the lack of metagame knowledge, gen 7 mechanic knowledge, and the shitty teambuilding. And don't get me wrong, SM OU is a better metagame than any current MMO tier, even OU, simply because it had all mechanics implemented, including abilities and team preview, and the metagame has existed for way longer. I'd argue it'd be more fun to watch people innovate in a very new MMO tier rather than watch a few subpar SMers go at it. The only way we can get tiers like UU and NU fleshed out is through playing them, so why not try them out. 

Although if SMers actually showed themselves as semi competent by laddering to a high rank and/or proving themselves somehow I'd probably be more inclined to advocate for it.

41 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

SM was like 6-8 months into its meta cycle. It had plenty of time to mature and no major bans were made during PSL. The only problem I had with the tier was dugtrio but honestly that was almost never abused in PSL anyway. It's not the tier that was the the major shitshow (I'd say it was only 50% if the problem), it was mainly the lack of metagame knowledge, gen 7 mechanic knowledge, and the shitty teambuilding. And don't get me wrong, SM OU is a better metagame than any current MMO tier, even OU, simply because it had all mechanics implemented, including abilities and team preview, and the metagame has existed for way longer. I'd argue it'd be more fun to watch people innovate in a very new MMO tier rather than watch a few subpar SMers go at it. The only way we can get tiers like UU and NU fleshed out is through playing them, so why not try them out. 

Although if SMers actually showed themselves as semi competent by laddering to a high rank and/or proving themselves somehow I'd probably be more inclined to advocate for it.

No idea who played SM meta last season tbh, but I'm sure I can find a quite a few players who have pretty decent knowledge of the metagame by now.

And there's no doubt that SM > any MMO meta, my point was just that our tiers right now are lacklustre, and I'm sure even after the update of all the items/abilities hits, it won't get stable for atleast a month.

On 12/17/2017 at 12:21 AM, DoubleJ said:

What is the PSL?

The PSL is the PokeMMO Super League.

I don't see anywhere that says PSL is actually the PokeMMO & Showdown Super League.

Now, players spend much time & effort building their comps to participate in fun events, such as PSL.

It is not fair imo, just for the sake of satisfying a few dead players by sacrificing some PokeMMO tiers such as LC, or even NU and replacing them with showdown ( Yes, I don't mind waiting until usage is collected and tiers are finally established, NU can just adapt to tier changes like in previous PSL's if there are any that occur during the event )

If the community wants showdown tiers, let them have it, but spare us the boredom of having 3 OU and 2 UU tiers,, and give us some diversity tiers.

Something like OU / OU / UU / UU / LC / DUBS / DUBS / 1 Showdown tier ( DPP / SM OU ) seems very promising imo.

Edit: Also Matches should be played in some fancy place in Unova.

Edited by Lazaro23
2 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

I don't see anywhere that says PSL is actually the PokeMMO & Showdown Super League.

Yeah I mean the psl is literally pokemmo's complete ripoff of the SPL which is...correct me if I'm wrong... 100% showdown tiers? You're lucky thinknice even decided to include mmo tiers in season one or you mindless grinders wpuld just be doing unranked matchmaking all season while the real players play 

4 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Now, players spend much time & effort building their comps to participate in fun events, such as PSL.

It is not fair imo, just for the sake of satisfying a few dead players by sacrificing some PokeMMO tiers such as LC, or even NU and replacing them with showdown ( Yes, I don't mind waiting until usage is collected and tiers are finally established, NU can just adapt to tier changes like in previous PSL's if there are any that occur during the event )

If the community wants showdown tiers, let them have it, but spare us the boredom of having 3 OU and 2 UU tiers,, and give us some diversity tiers.

Something like OU / OU / UU / UU / LC / DUBS / DUBS / 1 Showdown tier ( DPP / SM OU ) seems very promising imo.

Edit: Also Matches should be played in some fancy place in Unova.

Thing is, even despite your effort and time spent in building comps, a dead player like me can still sell a bunch of shit and make the same team in mmo.

Vice versa, you could do the same, it's just much easier on showdown. And I don't think 2 showdown tiers are a bad idea at all, they used to work before, pretty sure there were even more than 2 in a few seasons, so I don't really get why it should be filled with mmo tiers that aren't even proper tiers.

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Yeah I mean the psl is literally pokemmo's complete ripoff of the SPL which is...correct me if I'm wrong... 100% showdown tiers? You're lucky thinknice even decided to include mmo tiers in season one or you mindless grinders wpuld just be doing unranked matchmaking all season while the real players play 

Just join SPL or other smogon tournies, the fuck u doin here, this is a POKEMMO forum, god darn outsiders.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.