[PSL9] Season Baen9neXL - THE HYPE THREAD

Petition to make the Showdown tier(s) bo3 this season.

Reasoning: Dpp is a great tier, but it is hampered by a lack of team preview. This causes the "matchup factor" to be quite large, often games are won or lost based on lead alone (see: me v. nik last season w/that raikou). Notice in this game that my very difficult to predict choice of lead allowed me to reveal 4 of his pokes, take huge chunks out of 2, and put me in a great position moving forward.

Why not shift to bo3 to help mitigate this? Matches aren't usually very long, and showdown players have a much easier time creating comps/teams obviously - meaning having 3 teams ready for every week isn't out of the question. I think bo3 will lead to the better player winning more often than the worse player

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

Petition to make the Showdown tier(s) bo3 this season.

Reasoning: Dpp is a great tier, but it is hampered by a lack of team preview. This causes the "matchup factor" to be quite large, often games are won or lost based on lead alone (see: me v. nik last season w/that raikou). Notice in this game that my very difficult to predict choice of lead allowed me to reveal 4 of his pokes, take huge chunks out of 2, and put me in a great position moving forward.

Why not shift to bo3 to help mitigate this? Matches aren't usually very long, and showdown players have a much easier time creating comps/teams obviously - meaning having 3 teams ready for every week isn't out of the question. I think bo3 will lead to the better player winning more often than the worse player

I think Bo3 would be ideal for DPP because of the shitty gen 4 mechanics and lead match up bullshit. However, unlike other showdown tiers, DPP has a dedicated player base and forcing SMOU players to build 3 teams when they lack the motivation to even build one would be pretty shitty.

Bo3 for DPP, but Bo1 is good for SMOU. DPP needs bo3 it is way too based on lead matchup, 1 stupid miss, or other dumb series of hax. I believe most smogon tourneys run bo3 for DPP because of this.

Stall is a bigger factor in SMOU than DPP even without dugtriothose games can take forever. Similarly, PP stall wars with shit like celesteela toxapex happen a lot to add to game time. Also with team preview SM OU has a bit less luck and a good player can outplay almost every matchup. And another problem is there that there weren't many unique teams in SM OU last season and forcing people to make more teams will probably add to the problem. So, bo3 for DPP, bo1 for SM

Edited by Kimikozen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.