EXP Gain Trick: Oversight or Intentional?

Was this intentional or an oversight being able to infinitely repeat battling the gym leaders? The last time we had this method is when the Gary fights were released. For those who reached the Elite 4 before the Route 2 Gary/Blue battle was released, you were able to abuse a oversight where you could battle him infinitely by logging out on his last Pokemon before knock out thus resulting in a lost. A similar thing is happening again right now since we can infinitely rebattle gym leaders until they are defeated. The EXP gain is a little crazy in my opinion and leads me to the next question, is there a faster method to gaining EXP then this example right here? This is a video demonstration of the abuse right here. As stated in the video description, currently as far as I see it the best cities are...

#1 Kanto : Misty at Cerulean City
#2 Hoenn: Brawly at Dewford City
#3 Unova: Cilan at Striation City

These gym leaders have the least amount of steps from the Pokemon Center to the gym leader themselves. Brawly is by far the easiest to prepare for. Unova has the most steps and Cilan is chosen over Chili or Cress because of Drought and Drizzle taking up animation frames thus wasting your time

VIDEO IN SPOILER BELOW

Spoiler

Edited by Eldaust
2 minutes ago, Risadex said:

Srk1mFhcSuOWT5ZJzvGHRg.png

Actually there are other methods which gave similar exp (like hordes in giant chasm and other end game areas)

I have yet to explore the entirely of Unova yet. I actually personally skipped out in 5th Gen all together even though I own the games. I'll see to it and see which has the best EXP:Time ratio sometime in the future soonish. I always just assumed they got rid of the cool downs to allow a rematch if you lost for the $$$, not for the EXP which is why I wonder.

Edited by Eldaust
1 minute ago, Eldaust said:

I have yet to explore the entirely of Unova yet. I actually personally skipped out in 5th Gen all together even though I own the games. I'll see to it and see which has the best EXP:Time ratio sometime in the future soonish. I always just assumed they got rid of the cool downs to allow a rematch if you lost for the $$$, not for the EXP which is why I wonder.

I think they just didnt expect people would try abuse this flag instead of searching for other areas/npcs 

(Btw if u dont know, trainer tower has infinite cooldown too, and lvl 100 pokes. The exp is nerfed tho)

3 minutes ago, Risadex said:

I think they just didnt expect people would try abuse this flag instead of searching for other areas/npcs 

(Btw if u dont know, trainer tower has infinite cooldown too, and lvl 100 pokes. The exp is nerfed tho)

Any more ideas? I'll check them all out and crunch some numbers ;)

Just now, Eldaust said:

Any more ideas? I'll check them all out and crunch some numbers ;)

Not any worth to mention. Trainer tower level is flex (it adjusts for whatever higher lvl mon u have in the party), but there are some pre-evos and other shit pokes which gave less EXP)

Giant chasm horders give ~6k EXP per horde (~3k if with exp share and the mon didnt participate in the battle)

1 minute ago, Risadex said:

Not any worth to mention. Trainer tower level is flex (it adjusts for whatever higher lvl mon u have in the party), but there are some pre-evos and other shit pokes which gave less EXP)

Giant chasm horders give ~6k EXP per horde (~3k if with exp share and the mon didnt participate in the battle)

That's just another thing, I didn't check the exact EXP gain of all the gym battles either. I'm absolutely sure certain gyms give out more EXP then others depending on species too.

Just now, Eldaust said:

That's just another thing, I didn't check the exact EXP gain of all the gym battles either. I'm absolutely sure certain gyms give out more EXP then others depending on species too.

All gyms at level max give like 5600~6200 Exp for each 2 pokes.  (get 2800~3100 with exp share) its kinda ~18k Exp total per Gym (9k for the poke with exp share)

6 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Probably a good idea to ask about potential oversights/exploitations here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/11-bug-report/

rather than in a public thread.

Oh no worries. I have a list of those coming soon with videos. Issue is since I'm so fresh to 5th Gen, I'm rather new to the areas surrounding. If it wasn't posted here I wouldn't been able to figure out what was the norm was for EXP gain. This trick wasn't a big enough issue that I would even bother posting in a bug report forum. Those threads are posted in absolutes rather "maybes". I wanted discussion. Not just a mod saying "Lol nope it's not /closes thread". It's not like the bug report section is a private forum to begin with.

I've posted several exploits in the past; I'm aware of the process.

Edited by Eldaust

Probably not an oversight.

This is the only reason a cool down was a thing in the first place, and the reversal with its tradeoffs was a conscious decision.

Personally, I did suicide trick in unova e4 before i maxed obedience cap to get my party to 56. But it's prob not as useful in post game.

Edited by Eggplant