Possible Ridiculous Spawn Rate?

Searching Lostlorn Forest for all 3 of the elemental monkeys became a long chore. Talking to other sources, did anybody else have trouble finding and acquiring Panpour out in the wild? Is this to be true, I guess that would spike Panpour's shiny value to be much higher then the other two elemental monkeys. This was also only tested in Lostlorn Forest meaning that Pinwheel Forest could potentially be different in spawn rates. Maybe I'll test this out in the future? Anybody else had a similar experience or was it just really bad luck on mine and two of my other friend's parts?

On a laughable side note, it took about 2 hours of searching for this load and got semi-lucky finding 2 Semi-Comp Pansears (as in decent nature + 20 IV every stat). Even found a decent 2x31 breeder.

0038eGP.png

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

They each have the same encounter rate, it seems you just got particularly unlucky in this case.

Are the encounter rates to the public? Just simply said, I wouldn't really be too surprise if Desu/Kyu tinker with the numbers to be cheeky. It would fit their persona lets be fair here.

20 minutes ago, Eldaust said:

Are the encounter rates to the public? Just simply said, I wouldn't really be too surprise if Desu/Kyu tinker with the numbers to be cheeky. It would fit their persona lets be fair here.

They aren't, outside of what is visible within the 'dex.

I had a hand in the rates of these three in particular though, and they definitely have a shared rate.

All three of us are able to view the encounter rates though, so we'd know.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

I had a hand in the rates of these three in particular though, and they definitely have a shared rate.

Tell us more like the Mewtwo spawn rate ;)

In all reality though is it the same for Pinwheel Forest then?

I'm pretty sure they messed up the numbers with the new update. Yesterday we were several people in the team reporting ridiculously low appeareance rate of those whose wild encounter rate is labelled as "Rare" in the pokédex. E.G from people that usually farm Eevees and pokémon like that

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

They each have the same encounter rate, it seems you just got particularly unlucky in this case.

That sounds like the typical auto-answer without even bothering to analyse the report. I don't why we always keep expecting a useful reply from mods... :(

Edited by Rittz
2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

why don't you guys make them public ? I don't see any reasons why you wanna keep it secret

28 minutes ago, Rittz said:

I'm pretty sure they messed up the numbers with the new update. Yesterday we were several people in the team reporting ridiculously low appeareance rate of those whose wild encounter rate is labelled as "Rare" in the pokédex. E.G from people that usually farm Eevees and pokémon like that

That sounds like the typical auto-answer without even bothering to analyse the report. I don't why we always keep expecting a useful reply from mods... :(

That's actually not working correctly. Iirc on Unova release day I asked Kyu why Larvesta was listed as a common encounter when it actually took a decently long while to find, and he gave me a short explanation on how the Pokedex judges rarity which I already forgot. It probably affects other Pokemon and I doubt fixing this has a high priority in the fix list but yeah I wouldn't blindly trust the Pokedex when it comes to gauging rarirty

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 PM, Darkshade said:

Actually some spawn rates are inconsistent, as well as drop rates.

Sweet, always wanted to complain about spawn rates and even item drop rates, I can agree to Panpour being harder to find, when I was hunting one for my dex it took like 30 minutes before I found one.

Maybe my account is cursed, because I hunted Magmars for days trying to find magmarizers, easily caught over 50+ and only found 1 magmarizer. While at the same time someone in my team caught 3 Magmars with 3 magmarizers in a row.

If my account is cursed, please lift the curse, thanks.

18 hours ago, SirDusty said:

Maybe my account is cursed, because I hunted Magmars for days trying to find magmarizers, easily caught over 50+ and only found 1 magmarizer. While at the same time someone in my team caught 3 Magmars with 3 magmarizers in a row.

Try thiefing 100+ gligars and not getting a single razor fang

• 2 months later...
On 15-12-2017 at 9:58 PM, suigin said:

That's actually not working correctly. Iirc on Unova release day I asked Kyu why Larvesta was listed as a common encounter when it actually took a decently long while to find, and he gave me a short explanation on how the Pokedex judges rarity which I already forgot. It probably affects other Pokemon and I doubt fixing this has a high priority in the fix list but yeah I wouldn't blindly trust the Pokedex when it comes to gauging rarirty

It's changed now it is Rare now. But some rare Pokémon like Pansear are almost to be called (uncommon) but some Pokémon like Larvesta are still a pain in the ass to find.