Lower the berry powder costs for pp ups

Quakkz

Question

From the last changelog

Berries being salvaged into Seeds now always give 1 Seed [...] Previously this was 1 or 2

Cheri Berry / Chesto Berry / Pecha Berry / Rawst Berry / Aspear Berry / Razz Berry / Bluk Berry / Nanab Berry / Wepear Berry / Pinap Berry yields have been reduced from 4~6 to 3~6 per plant.

Oran Berry / Persim Berry plant yields have been changed from 4~5 to 3~6

I didn't feel like this would need an own suggestion thread yet.
@Kyu I realize several parameter changes took place with the last update to make berries more difficult to obtain/to make berry farming more challenging,

but '3' should in my opinion not be a possible outcome for any single berry plant that does require 3 seeds to be planted. Regardless of infrequent, casual pick ups the berries themselves are the main scource for the seeds, meaning getting three berries from those plants will only give you three new seeds.
I'll leave aside that expectancy for berry per plant might - regarding many plants - be 4 or more; because some will still carry 3 and therfor:
After having used harvesting tools and time, any plant with a payout of three berries leaves the player with less than he started with... Why?

3 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

From the last changelog

I didn't feel like this would need an own suggestion thread yet.
@Kyu I realize several parameter changes took place with the last update to make berries more difficult to obtain/to make berry farming more challenging,

but '3' should in my opinion not be a possible outcome for any single berry plant that does require 3 seeds to be planted. Regardless of infrequent, casual pick ups the berries themselves are the main scource for the seeds, meaning getting three berries from those plants will only give you three new seeds.
I'll leave aside that expectancy for berry per plant might - regarding many plants - be 4 or more; because some will still carry 3 and therfor:
After having used harvesting tools and time, any plant with a payout of three berries leaves the player with less than he started with... Why?

If you get a very -type- seed from those 3 berries though you can then use it and 2 others to grow a plant that will give you 5-7 berries, progression.  Even using the lowest tier berries I have not had an issue increasing my seed count though, it just gets better when you get to higher tier berries.

On 17.12.2017 at 6:46 PM, Munya said:

If you get a very -type- seed from those 3 berries though you can then use it and 2 others to grow a plant that will give you 5-7 berries, progression.  Even using the lowest tier berries I have not had an issue increasing my seed count though, it just gets better when you get to higher tier berries.

I have several issues regarding this

- stating that the payout for higher tier berries is fine does not invalidate my concern that the payout for low tier berries might be too low.

- in a scenario where the low tier berries are farmed to produce very - type - seeds (e.g Cherie berries to get very spice seeds for leppas) it would simply set you back even further as you'd have to use more of the seeds you tried to obtain

Berry farming is designed as one method of creating income - just like rebattling NPCs for example.
But if one out of ten beaten NPCs takes 250$ from you (as an example) and also every Pokemon that participated in the battle looses XP it is a flaw - just like a minimum of three berries seems to be.

To bring this issue back to the topic:
The low tier berries are the ones worth the least in marts (700$ each) and therefor would be most suited to be crafted into PP Up/Max
But even at this minimum price one PP Max would cost 63k in berry powder alone.

Given the effort to make these berries, it is unlikely they will ever be near their minimum price - berry farmers would be more likely to move on to berries with higher value instead, resulting in the production cost for PP Up/Max to rise further.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:49 PM, Darkshade said:

Since it's only been  3 days since we've patched - It's probably too early to tell.

The GTL could easily just be indicating high demand, not neccessarily 'too high' requirements when crafting.

That said - their previous price point is probably not a good indication of their true value, as most of them were seemingly generated via Mystery Boxes or previous storyline runs.

It's inevitably going to differ from whatever it was at before.

Please note that I'm not making a statement either way in regards to whether or not their current price point or influx/outflux is correct, but it's unlikely that we'll be able to fully determine at this stage whether that is the case due to age of the mechanic changes and how many new and old players are becoming accustomed to them.

691f7e57fa.JPG

It's been 2 weeks, and the prices have just been continuously increasing. Please give an alternative method to get PP maxes. 

23 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

691f7e57fa.JPG

It's been 2 weeks, and the prices have just been continuously increasing. Please give an alternative method to get PP maxes. 

This.

Please look into it, because most of us simply cannot finish our comps (I'm not talking about myself here). We either need this method to be re-worked and actually less expensive or we need more methods for obtaining these items.

On 15/12/2017 at 4:52 AM, Kizhaz said:

R2zXHbP.png

??? Shiny hunters for this reason obviously. As for story liners, although they can use it to help them out, I was leaning more towards post game as these are somewhat of a post game item. NPC rematches and the occasional events that are hosted would greatly benefit from PP Up's as they are also battle related.

Your 2nd point is moot since I agreed with you.

wow shiny hunters have to max ONE MOVE. I'm super impressed man. that sure is a hell lot compared to hunderds of leppas they use everyday. Also because leppas are so cheap no point on pp maxing anything but utility mons or comps no one needs pp ups for story line.

EDIT: buggy double post. pp up's prices is just crazy right now. make them pucharseable with bp no one likes crafting anyways.

Edited by FNTCZ

You forgot to put the pp ups market.

jTvEpcmSTqa8_tT49Oo8Hw.png

And I saw some pp max going for less than 100k today. Honestly, I'm even surprised the prices are this low, because by my calculations, the crafting cost for a pp max is 106k and for pp up, well, divide it by 3.

In my opinion since it's mainly a pvp item, it would make sense to be in the Battle Frontier shop to exchange for BP. 

I hear everyone talking about making PP increasing items a BP reward item, and while I do agree there needs to easier way to get these items... 

Wouldn't making it a BP reward item cause a slight snowball effect for those who have comps that can actually win the battles to get these points? It would turn into a self fullfilling prophecy to where those who already have their comps that have benefitted from being PP-uped have the ability to gain more PP-ups with ease.

It's just really interesting when I see everyone suggest things like the IV breeding bands being BP rewards (which they were changed too), or the EV berries as well. It seems like pure Pokeyen is losing power on what you can actually do with it.

Everything should have a slight snowball effect, that's how you reward the players who invest their time and effort. Lets face it, the demand for a bulk amount of pp ups and max come from PvP players. For PvE you don't need to maximize your move's pp, and shiny hunters spend at most 5 pp max in their life.

Exchange them for BP, make them untradeable so that nobody can make a business out of it, just for personal use - that's my suggestion.

9 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I hear everyone talking about making PP increasing items a BP reward item, and while I do agree there needs to easier way to get these items... 

Wouldn't making it a BP reward item cause a slight snowball effect for those who have comps that can actually win the battles to get these points? It would turn into a self fullfilling prophecy to where those who already have their comps that have benefitted from being PP-uped have the ability to gain more PP-ups with ease.

It's just really interesting when I see everyone suggest things like the IV breeding bands being BP rewards (which they were changed too), or the EV berries as well. It seems like pure Pokeyen is losing power on what you can actually do with it.

Thats how tournaments work, winners get prizes and the resources to breed more comps. Thats how pvp matchs work, you get ranked to get bp which you can turn into resources. Not sure whats your point.

8 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

You can get BP through Battle Frontier and defeating e4. Ranked is not the only way.