New System of Ribbons In The Trainer Card

angelhierro0512

Question

Hello, my IGN: awaLLz im going to show you my ideas and critic about something in PokeMMO.

Pokemmo is one of the most addictive pokemon online game, Thats Correct But!!

Over the years we are behind when we talking about Design (sorry but thats true)

With a six party pokemon box design so OLD!

With a menu banner so OLD!

With a Item Key Tool So OLD!

With a Trainer card So OLD!

And anothers something!

In the title im talk about ribbons ideas i prepate 2 picture about my ideas! let me show you:

https://gyazo.com/b466d16e28227587baa42c15eb2676ce New System Of Ribbons!

https://gyazo.com/101a011ba01a1acc4e2c66756cd72fd3  View Profile Idea!

*In the first picute im going to say something about the Ribbons in the Pokemon Summary! (is not neccesary)WHY?

Because we don't have official events about contest like (COOL CONTEST, BEAUTY CONTEST etc)

so putting in all pokemon the ribbons system is like waste time when we only need to do it in 1 Pokemon and Thats it! (thats the reason why i did that)

*Pokemon is a collective adventure, and the best way to see our progress is in the Trainer Card (Like anime, Like anothers pokemon online games)

*Some players love battle, but the others half love to collect shiny, ribbons and anothers material somethings!

*I Don't know if the Developer don't have time for check this detaills but, this game have the potential to be better thant every pokemon games,

we have the best pokemon Metagame System never has been Created but we still having an old interface!

*WHY we can't get the all Badgeds in the same Trainer card? i think that is so pretty show all badged in the trainer card,

That so Stupid when you are changing of Regions, the badgeds change too!

*I can Understand the Max Obedience but why that? we can get a better profile!

*I Put 4 new ribbons in the trainer card just for explain my idea, Like League pokemon.Contest and Battle towers Ribbons but

Why not have Official Ribbons for OU, UU NU and (Double or LC or BOTH Category Ribbons too)

the numbers of time of somebody win a official event can be a good attribute when we are recluiting players, or another way to know which has a high perfomances! well thats it about it!

*The second picture is so sample, i'snt bad idea see the profile of some players whos we want to know (For recluiting or another something), about progress like, badged, Time playing Or Date! hiding money and BP! Of Course! i the picture i show you one way that we can do it, If the staff thing to upgrate someday the TRAINER CARD!

I did the pic with love and hoping a Good Answer or bad Answer, but an Answer!

If you like the Idea please Vote + for see in the future this amazing idea in Pokemmo!

(Correct me If necessary)

Edited by angelhierro0512

Nice work and good idea.

Personalizing the trainer card and making it visible to others in my opinion would be a good feature.

In addition to your ribbons, I would suggest having an overview of the cosmetic items a player is currently wearing to help others identify cosmetics and boost the player's e-peen in case they are wearing rare ones. 

Edited by Tyrone
49 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Nice work and good idea.

Personalizing the trainer card and making it visible to others in my opinion would be a good feature.

In addition to your ribbons, I would suggest having an overview of the cosmetic items a player is currently wearing to help others identify cosmetics and boost the player's e-peen in case they are wearing rare ones. 

I was thinking add that around the picture Too, This project have a lot of detaills but, personality can do a good feature too that you mean! O/ Peace!

11 hours ago, angelhierro0512 said:

*In the first picute im going to say something about the Ribbons in the Pokemon Summary! (is not neccesary)WHY?

Because we don't have official events about contest like (COOL CONTEST, BEAUTY CONTEST etc)

so putting in all pokemon the ribbons system is like waste time when we only need to do it in 1 Pokemon and Thats it! (thats the reason why i did that)

No.

I did all the ribbons on a couple of my OT shinies and gift shinies - for decoration of the shinies and the reward for the hard challenge.

https://imgur.com/a/Ur8k7

Getting those battle tower ribbons on a Tangela is quite hard. The reward for this was the collection of ribbons.

Don't take them away from me and my shinies!

2 minutes ago, muskeBLUE said:

No.

I did all the ribbons on a couple of my OT shinies and gift shinies - for decoration of the shinies and the reward for the hard challenge.

https://imgur.com/a/Ur8k7

Getting those battle tower ribbons on a Tangela is quite hard. The reward for this was the collection of ribbons.

Don't take them away from me and my shinies!

Dont worry i can't make happy everybody, i know that someplayers love to do the ribbons, the only think that im thinking is, originality the ribbons is for human, 70% of the events in this game are associated in pvp, 25% in hunter events the other 5% is just battle frontier and ribbons,

If someday we could to have contest ever, so everybody can pay attention to make a lot of contest event.

Is just my opinion bro nice ribbons <3 

3 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

I think he means that the side bar of pokemon is very old and maybe he have a plan for another suggestion on the side bar. 

P.s. I am gonna assume gender here since character was male 

Thats another suggestion theme, but im talk about the box where you put your team for battle

I kind of wish Ribbons had more meaning than they have currently, due to how easy you get them, so if this incentivates them to also use ribbons are rewards for challenges, etc, that would be a good idea. I however do not want people to be able to view my profile, my party, my bp, and my cash, if that remains hidden, sure, pretty decent idea, otherwise no thanks.

Just now, redspawn said:

I kind of wish Ribbons had more meaning than they have currently, due to how easy you get them, so if this incentivates them to also use ribbons are rewards for challenges, etc, that would be a good idea. I however do not want people to be able to view my profile, my party, my bp, and my cash, if that remains hidden, sure, pretty decent idea, otherwise no thanks.

Should have a choice on whether you want your profile to be private etc then if this is implemented ;0

Hi angelhierro0512,

We currently have plans to do something similar (Turning the trainer card into an 'inspect' menu).

The early mockup looks something like this:

pkUS2yQ.png

The icons are all placeholders - as is the information.

'Name' in 'Name Badges' is the name of the region - the arrows allow you to cycle through your badges in each region, with the Maximum Obedience level visibly updating for each.

The background/colour scheme was just re-used for the sake of a mockup.

Oh and of course - private information such as Money and BP amounts are likely to be moved entirely from the Trainer Card or not made viewable by other players.

it is likely to look a little different to this once implemented.

Alongside these changes, what I've proposed is the concept of further Trainer Card Customization - having the background colour be selectable by the player from a list of defaults.

Further background pattern customization may also be made available.

While this is not entirely in line with your request for 'ribbons' for PvP tournaments, in addition to this we are looking at the possibility of overhauling our PvP system and introducing 'seasonal' rankings - a concept not dissimilar from that of games such as 'League of Legends'.

With this overhaul, the idea would be that the trainer card within the inspect menu would be coloured based on your season rank. (i.e Gold/Silver/Bronze etc.)

This way, PvP players have a way of showing off their current achievements.

This all in the concept stage, and it may be awhile before such things come into fruition, but I thought it might be nice to give you a window into some design concepts.

15 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Hi angelhierro0512,

We currently have plans to do something similar (Turning the trainer card into an 'inspect' menu).

pkUS2yQ.png

'Name' in 'Name Badges' is the name of the region - the arrows allow you to cycle through your badges in each region, with the Maximum Obedience level visibly updating for each.

Oh and of course - private information such as Money and BP amounts are likely to be moved entirely from the Trainer Card or not made viewable by other players.

Alongside these changes, what I've proposed is the concept of further Trainer Card Customization - having the background colour be selectable by the player from a list of defaults.

While this is not entirely in line with your request for 'ribbons' for PvP tournaments, in addition to this we are looking at the possibility of overhauling our PvP system and introducing 'seasonal' rankings - a concept not dissimilar from that of games such as 'League of Legends'.

With this overhaul, the idea would be that the trainer card within the inspect menu would be coloured based on your season rank. (i.e Gold/Silver/Bronze etc.)

This all in the concept stage, and it may be awhile before such things come into fruition, but I thought it might be nice to give you a window into some design concepts.

Speaking of pvp ranking, how about a soft ladder reset? Some people don't even deserve the position they have, they just abuse the ranking system, 900 games to get to top100 lel

36 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Hi angelhierro0512,

pkUS2yQ.png

hi,Darkshade

Will the Vanity item be displayed?

Will there be a player's signature(E.g:About me in the forum)?

5 minutes ago, Hao said:

hi,Darkshade

Will the Vanity item be displayed?

Will there be a player's signature(E.g:About me in the forum)?

The 'View Costumes' button would change the layout to look something like this:

vTo9eLD.png

In an ideal world, each of those vanity items would have their own icons, but that will take some time.

If you're asking whether the vanities will be displayed on the profile sprite on the left, the answer is yes.

We have no plans for an 'About Me' section at this time.

35 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Speaking of pvp ranking, how about a soft ladder reset? Some people don't even deserve the position they have, they just abuse the ranking system, 900 games to get to top100 lel

Maybe, it might be better to just wait on the overhaul.