Prioritize fixing competitive moves, over fixing economy

razimove

Question

As you guys probably know, a good amount of moves is not currently working. That would be fine, but some that won't be used anywhere are working, while the ones that are needed for competitive reasons aren't.

My suggestion is that you guys change priorities, I know you guys are prioritizing economy right now, I'd honestly deal with that later when things are more stable. I'd prioritize few moves, i.e. Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Draco Meteor(Not really needed, I guess, but nice to have.),  me first. This would make pvp a more healthy environment, over what we currently have, especially for doubles.

Edited by redspawn

8 answers to this question

The thing is the economy's impact is harder to change in the future. The longer you leave it, the further it can go in an unwanted direction and the harder it is to fix.

The comp moves are definitely important though and the moves will come just like plenty did in the last update. I just don't think you can prioritise it over the economy.

16 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

The thing is the economy's impact is harder to change in the future. The longer you leave it, the further it can go in an unwanted direction and the harder it is to fix.

The comp moves are definitely important though and the moves will come just like plenty did in the last update. I just don't think you can prioritise it over the economy.

They should have thought about that years ago. Not now when people are with 100m+ easily by doing little, unless they invent a really worthwhile money sink. Which is definitely not the crafting system as it offers nothing new to old players, only screws newer players.

17 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

also now pp max and pp up's  prices are fucked now since devs  ruined the mistery boxes... also crafting is a pain too.. to many berry powders for one, if you want to craft 3 pp max u need to wast like 1m+ in berries for 99 berry powders..

I mean you cannot forget that instead of having 33 berry planting spots you now have 156 extra in Unova. Giving you a total of 189 berry planting spots. It's not hard to get many berries now with the addition of these new berry spots. So most things have been balanced towards that.

20 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

also now pp max and pp up's  prices are fucked now since devs  ruined the mistery boxes... also crafting is a pain too.. to many berry powders for one, if you want to craft 3 pp max u need to wast like 1m+ in berries for 99 berry powders..

If Mystery Boxes were the optimal way to obtain PP Max's over the crafting system - we were doing something wrong to begin with.

4 minutes ago, redspawn said:

They should have thought about that years ago. Not now when people are with 100m+ easily by doing little, unless they invent a really worthwhile money sink. Which is definitely not the crafting system as it offers nothing new to old players, only screws newer players.

It offers things to both new and old players as we've just introduced 100s of new species and various new moves etc.

Now is the best time for such changes.

KaynineXLs post:

24 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Probably sums up the situation best.

We put a lot of time into the competitive aspects of this game - and we plan to do so further, but right now economic changes are vital and affect all players.

26 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

I mean you cannot forget that instead of having 33 berry planting spots you now have 156 extra in Unova. Giving you a total of 189 berry planting spots. It's not hard to get many berries now with the addition of these new berry spots. So most things have been balanced towards that.

yeah, i know but to get a pp max you need 99 of powders... also why someone would wast 1m in berries for one pp max? 

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Ye, we dont want desu to bring all the cash down to 20k again. Been there once, dont want it again.

43 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Ye, we dont want desu to bring all the cash down to 20k again. Been there once, dont want it again.

That was when the game had literally 0 money sinks and everyone was a billionaire. Not exactly a likely scenario anymore.

I mean, I think all the economic things that are upright broken (and by broken I mean clear oversights and straight out bugs) should obviously be first priority. Quite rather, I don't think an update should ever be released unless it is guaranteed to not have any game breaking economical oversights. For the most part I have to say the MMO devs have done pretty good job about it, in the past years there hasn't been really anything economy breaking oversight that has caused something irreversible. 

What comes to small adjustments for item crafting or whatever, I mean I agree that those can and should wait before we have the actual game (which is Pokemon) working as it's supposed to. So rather than making this game the most refined economy simulator 2017, I think the "Pokemon-part" should work first. This being said, devs are gonna do what devs are gonna do.. I guess they've made that clear multiple times by now lately.