RP item for BERRY farmer

IDKPRO

Question

So maybe some items that cost rp could be added like:

Daily farmer- helps u water and harvest your berry automatically for 24h (super expensive) 

Super Fertiliser- increases time needed to wither by 25% (for a month? Forever?) 

Soil moisturiser- I know it is a stupid name, it decreases the time u need to water to 10h(for a month? Forever?) 

Forever harvester- item that makes the berry tree it is use on never wither? (200 rp?) 

14 answers to this question

Daily Farmer is a bad idea imo, we want to make the game enjoyable to play, not have it as this simulator where everything is done for you.

Fertiliser and Moisturiser are more in the realm of possibility, however a month/forever is much too generous for obvious reasons. Still not sure I like the idea behind them either though, maybe if they're created in game, assuming berries still take the same time to bloom they seem fine.

Forest Harvester seems a tad too good on the other hand, it completely negates the risks involved in farming.

Also just a side not, but I don't know why many people seem to be making suggestions along with how to obtain them (ie with Reward Points). You're certainly not the only person to do it, so don't take this as me having a go at you, this is just the latest suggestion using it. I feel like a suggestion should be just the suggestion itself, let the Dev's handle how to implement and balance it, because something like this would border the line of Pay to win as it makes it far easier to farm berries.

This is just my thoughts though, separate from staff

1 hour ago, IDKPRO said:

So maybe some items that cost rp could be added like:

Daily farmer- helps u water and harvest your berry automatically for 24h (super expensive) 

Super Fertiliser- increases time needed to wither by 25% (for a month? Forever?) 

Soil moisturiser- I know it is a stupid name, it decreases the time u need to water to 10h(for a month? Forever?) 

Forever harvester- item that makes the berry tree it is use on never wither? (200 rp?) 

No, just no.

Want something with value? Place some effort into obtaining it.

2 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Right, coz many mmo's have timers on crafting queue where it will be destroyed if you're not punctual. 

Mate, how about a bot that farms and hunts shinies for you? Oh and does competitive and breeds aswell? All for 5k RP? 

If you don't want to place effort, simple, don't play a MMO, play pokemonshowdown where you just make some teams and run them.

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Mate, how about a bot that farms and hunts shinies for you? Oh and does competitive and breeds aswell? All for 5k RP? 

If you don't want to place effort, simple, don't play a MMO, play pokemonshowdown where you just make some teams and run them.

You know, what i'm pointing out and what you're saying is really different. Sure the NPC thing is stupid but its a middle way none-the-less. Putting effort is fine, its the long hour requirement + punctuality thats mainly a problem.

5 minutes ago, Malorne said:

You know, what i'm pointing out and what you're saying is really different. Sure the NPC thing is stupid but its a middle way none-the-less. Putting effort is fine, its the long hour requirement + punctuality thats mainly a problem.

Nobody forces you to berry farm, that's only a part of the game. If you can't due to work or stuff, just don't. It's that easy. It's been like this forever and was never a problem.

2 hours ago, Malorne said:

Don't wanna buy em either, since making them is less costly. 

That's the beauty of an MMO. There's always things you like farming more than others, and other people might be the opposite. You could farm something you don't mind doing for cash, sell and then buy what you don't want to farm.

4 hours ago, redspawn said:

Srsly... THIS comparrison is like apples = pears...

WHY in the world would you play a POKEMON mmo if your goal is to FARM berries?! Did i get sth wrong?

Grinding for competetive is a HUGE difference, than go watering some berries to sell them to buy more seeds to plant them to water them then pickem up then sell them then crush some then plant then and so on.

Why the heck is this neccecary (and also why so tedious) in a game, in which the endgame content should be something more appealing in terms of pokemon (instead of a harvest moon thingy)...

1 hour ago, semjon said:

Srsly... THIS comparrison is like apples = pears...

WHY in the world would you play a POKEMON mmo if your goal is to FARM berries?! Did i get sth wrong?

Grinding for competetive is a HUGE difference, than go watering some berries to sell them to buy more seeds to plant them to water them then pickem up then sell them then crush some then plant then and so on.

Why the heck is this neccecary (and also why so tedious) in a game, in which the endgame content should be something more appealing in terms of pokemon (instead of a harvest moon thingy)...

tedious? Takes few mins to plant, I used to do it on few alts pre-unova. 

End game content? That's either shinies or PvP, depending on your goals. 1 of which is tied to leppas, which you can grow your own. Sorry that it's such a big problem to you, but like @KaynineXL said, who's forcing you to do strickly that? Don't like it? Grind something else and buy them from GTL. It's not like their that expensive in either case.

15 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Daily Farmer is a bad idea imo, we want to make the game enjoyable to play, not have it as this simulator where everything is done for you.

Fertiliser and Moisturiser are more in the realm of possibility, however a month/forever is much too generous for obvious reasons. Still not sure I like the idea behind them either though, maybe if they're created in game, assuming berries still take the same time to bloom they seem fine.

Forest Harvester seems a tad too good on the other hand, it completely negates the risks involved in farming.

Also just a side not, but I don't know why many people seem to be making suggestions along with how to obtain them (ie with Reward Points). You're certainly not the only person to do it, so don't take this as me having a go at you, this is just the latest suggestion using it. I feel like a suggestion should be just the suggestion itself, let the Dev's handle how to implement and balance it, because something like this would border the line of Pay to win as it makes it far easier to farm berries.

This is just my thoughts though, separate from staff

He says this to others who stay up all day just to water a Berry