Where is Roost and drain punch ? please

51 minutes ago, Sasunk said:

I don't find Roost and drain punch ,they are not in battle frontier and not tutor moves. Where are they please ?

These tutors may be found in:

Nacrene City ---> left of the poke center and enter the building (clown=tutor)

Castelia City ---> right of the poke center and enter the alley then enter the first building of the right side (clown=tutor)

Mistralton City ---> inside the airport (clown=tutor)

Roost and Drain Punch are at the battle frontier; they are tutored by the pair of old ladies in the northwest corner of the island (by the battle dome). They require battle points to teach these moves, however.

LawNTSC.png

This is the building they're in at the battle frontier (you can see the battle dome at the top right).

J7Mfii4.png

The one on the right teaches Roost...

xWDBlo1.png

...and the left one teaches Drain Punch.

Both moves cost 10,000 BP.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Some of this has to have changed, neither of the old ladies teach Roost for me at all, even on pokes I verified DO learn it by tutor according to the dex.

EDIT:  Roost is still available in Mistralton from the clown at the airport, but I haven't been able to find Dragon Pulse for my Charizard even though it says it learns it by tutor.  The old ladies don't help.  The guy in Opelucid that teaches Draco Meteor isn't interested in teaching it either...  If it's a TM now, it's not for sale on the GTL, that I have been able to verify.  Interestingly, the pokedex hints that it's a TM AND a tutor move...  Weird.

Edited by Pholo
Additional info
  • 2 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 12:15 PM, Pholo said:

Some of this has to have changed, neither of the old ladies teach Roost for me at all, even on pokes I verified DO learn it by tutor according to the dex.

Look at the link Jerry posted. Ctrl+F the move you're looking for.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Jerryzoo said:

Drain Punch - Nacrene Tutor (2x Black Belt)

Roost - Mistralton (3x Sharp Beak)

Take this bookmark it. Its very helpful.

@jyssaprod

12 minutes ago, BlackLegChef said:

I have two black belts but the tutor keeps saying I don't have enough? What gives? Is this some bug or glitch?

You either need 2 tradeable black belts or 2 untradeable black belts.

but I haven't been able to find Dragon Pulse for my Charizard even though it says it learns it by tutor. 

W96BhE9.png

The guy in Opelucid that teaches Draco Meteor isn't interested in teaching it either

LngzUfy.png

The old ladies don't help.

You can only learn a move at the battle frontier if the dex says "SPECIAL"

If something says "TM??" like these moves, that means there's no available TM for them yet, that's because their TM numbers are from Gen 4, which we don't currently have the region for.

Ky4Zyph.png

The guide isn't outdated, friend, all these screenshots were taken today. :)

lol.  Misunderstanding caused by elapsed time.

The time stamp is August 14 for my original comment on this topic.  I also forgot to add another edit back then to correct for the Draco Meteor issue.  As it turns out, I think I was somehow under the mistaken impression at the time that Charizard could learn it.  Either that, or I was tired and selected the 'Zard by accident, which is why nothing came up for teaching it in Opelucid.  As for the other things:  I ended up figuring out somehow (probably from that link Jerryzoo posted, but memory is fuzzy on that). 

This is what I get for playing other games and coming back to the forum to find that somehow an old topic got necro'd and responding in haste to "clarify" without stopping to "Verify".  :P

Cheers & ty!

EDIT:  And since I'm tired-posting, I had to edit THIS one about 5 times, too.  lol

Edited by Pholo
1 hour ago, Pholo said:

lol.  Misunderstanding caused by elapsed time.

The time stamp is August 14 for my original comment on this topic.  I also forgot to add another edit back then to correct for the Draco Meteor issue.  As it turns out, I think I was somehow under the mistaken impression at the time that Charizard could learn it.  Either that, or I was tired and selected the 'Zard by accident, which is why nothing came up for teaching it in Opelucid.  As for the other things:  I ended up figuring out somehow (probably from that link Jerryzoo posted, but memory is fuzzy on that). 

This is what I get for playing other games and coming back to the forum to find that somehow an old topic got necro'd and responding in haste to "clarify" without stopping to "Verify".  :P

Cheers & ty!

EDIT:  And since I'm tired-posting, I had to edit THIS one about 5 times, too.  lol

only mon that actually learns draco and cant learn is hydreigon due to competitive reasons, even tho it was never tested.

• 3 years later...

For those who never found the answer or got linked to a guide that wasn't accurate and are STILL Looking for Drain Punch, here you go:

Been playing through Johto, as it was just added somewhat recently, and I've found Drain Punch in two places apart from the GTL, you can pick it up next to this tower directly south of Moomoo Farm on Route 39. (In front of where my character is facing.) And you can also buy it in Blackthorn City from the Pokemart for ~2k cheaper than it's listed on the GTL.

Screenshot_20231012-053426~2.png

Screenshot_20231012-053311~2.png