effectiveness visible in moveset

2 hours ago, Desu said:

The game isn't a roflstomp anymore for storyline content. This change highly benefits casual players who might otherwise not understand certain type matchups.

Sorry that I went through story when I was 8 years old the good old blue/red, not knowing english and never having played  pokemon before. I might be the next Einstein. 

Edited by redspawn

I would like this too, but not for competitive reasons. During storyline I had no idea about the types of many opponents pokes, no dex entry or previous knowledge about any. Having to open web browser, googling name and search for type effectiveness isn't a time efficient task, so usually I didnt bother and just assumed a pokes type based on how he looks and chose an attack based on that. 

Still have no idea what type some of them are.

In competitive I'd argue that this UI extension isn't that important since one should be getting the experience and knowledge through storyline with this function already.

I honestly think the option to disable it is probably the best solution. Whilst I have no qualms with the feature being implemented, I personally have no use for it. I feel like it just clutters the UI unnecessarily for people who will make no real use of it thanks to prior knowledge. 

Edited by Zymogen

This was actually a thing that really bothered me when they added it to sun/moon. It just doesn't seem right. When I encounter a new species for the first time I feel like there should be some sort of mystery to it. I want to be able to see a new thing and try to figure out its typing on my own, not have its weaknesses revealed to me immediately. Learning something's typing the hard way has been one of the most fun things I've experienced in Pokémon; From the time gunthug tried to shadow ball a girafarig, to the time topquake used fake out and psychic at the same time on sableye in a double battle. Most of getting good at Pokémon comes from learning how the game works, and this feels like it almost takes away an aspect of gameplay giving you one less thing to learn about. 

I need this feature in double battles too.

Let me pick my target first, then have the effectiveness of the moves come up (Instead of picking the move first).

Yes I'm a battle noob. No I don't care.

Or should I just hop online and use damage calculators and Google everything and waste everyone's time some more?

This saves everyone time.

Just now, EssDeeCee said:

But that requires me and others going to a web browser Instead of just clicking the super effective moves like a noob.

I just want to walk around and one shot everything without thinking.

MsMoney is a man.

Yeah but if you use the site for long enough eventually you will know what you can use against each poke and wont have to use it XP

MsMoney is a man.

"i'm going to use this electric type on this water type poke... oh wait! it's immune to electric. better switch poke" keeps the poke, prevents them to lose it

or

"i'm going to beat you by using my electric move! CRAP! it's immune!" loses the poke

In a PVP this can make a difference between winning and losing(i don't play PvP but i do feel that it can make the difference). Specially if the players don't know the poke. And in PVE it takes away a bit of the challenging... something you guys worked for... plus they might not need to buy revives and potions since there's a less change of them losing the poke...

but anyway i might be wrong on this

37 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

"i'm going to use this electric type on this water type poke... oh wait! it's immune to electric. better switch poke" keeps the poke, prevents them to lose it

or

"i'm going to beat you by using my electric move! CRAP! it's immune!" loses the poke

In a PVP this can make a difference between winning and losing(i don't play PvP but i do feel that it can make the difference). Specially if the players don't know the poke. And in PVE it takes away a bit of the challenging... something you guys worked for... plus they might not need to buy revives and potions since there's a less change of them losing the poke...

If you dont know what a pokemon is capable of, you shouldn't be doing PvP anyway, unless you deliberately want to become a fodder for others.

41 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

or

I understand but in the next battle...?

1 minute ago, Malorne said:

If you dont know what a pokemon is capable of, you shouldn't be doing PvP anyway, unless you deliberately want to become a fodder for others.

be ez,,no?

Edited by Yourmajestytx