So did anyone come up with Elite4 strategies yet that dont require lots of healing items?

Immunities seem to work well. The AI is very predictable when it comes to what moves they pick. They don't predict switches very well, and don't consider possible immunities on your team, afaik.

So far, Curse Snorlax and Substitute/Disable Gengar has been almost impossible for them to crack. Other than occasional crit, they never faint. I only use a few leppa berries to replenish sub or curse pp.

I also like Volt Absorb Jolteon and bulky Substitute/Dragon Dance Gyarados.

Because replenishing pp also costs money, I'm trying a team which focuses on setting up entry hazards without taking much damage. After which I will just keep switching in immunities and resistances. The AI never removes entry hazards, they seem oblivious, and they switch often. I'm finding myself hardly attacking and hardly losing any hp, while they gradually kill themselves. Skarmory is very effective with Roost and Whirlwind.

An exploitable AI characteristic is the fact that they will exclusively go for either attacking moves, or a healing move. You don't have to worry about them setting up, or status moves. They will spam something super effective against whatever you have in the battle at the moment, or their strongest stab move. I found immunities abuse this quite well.

Edited by Solist
18 hours ago, Quakkz said:

FZfQjb7yT2ehbh_obfVZNw.png

took me 45mins to complete that run and 20k~ in healing items, still think thats underwhelming :(

question actually: when do i have to equip amulet coin to trigger the bonus payout? equipped it versus the champion and it looks like it didnt increase the payout

@Darkshade @RacheLucario

afaik it was nerfed to x1.1 payout.  nvm that was lucky egg

for it to function, the holder has to participate in battle.

if with both these things double-checked it still makes no difference, it may be broken. but i'd double check.

Edited by Eggplant
21 hours ago, Quakkz said:

question actually: when do i have to equip amulet coin to trigger the bonus payout? equipped it versus the champion and it looks like it didnt increase the payout

At Gary/ Wallace/ Alder, the poke with the amulet coin needs to participate and be alive at the end of the battle.