Any Tips for a New-ish Player?

Hey guys, I just started playing Pokémmo 2 days ago and just wanted to say Hi to everyone and ask for some tips. I've played Pokémon for many years (GBC era anyone) and wanted to come and ask for some tips that may be exclusive to Pokémmo from the original games. I just passed Vermilion in Kanto and am having alot of fun and can't wait to progress through the 3 regions and hit the endgame.

Hoping you guys might be able to answer some questions:

• When progressing from region to region do you get to play through the story beginning to end in each?
  • Do I lose my Pokémon when progressing to the next region or do levels reset?
  • What forms of currency are in the game and how do I get it? I've seen Battle Points or something?
  • Why wouldn't you just get 4 gym badges and just buy Pokemon you want from the marketplace?
  • Anyone know how I create a club on the website here? I'm in one in-game and it isn't showing here
  • Any other tips would be really appreciated! My name is Ducksy in game on Ch:8 if anyone wants to play with us!

Thanks alot guys!

11 minutes ago, Ducksy said:

Hey guys, I just started playing Pokémmo 2 days ago and just wanted to say Hi to everyone and ask for some tips. I've played Pokémon for many years (GBC era anyone) and wanted to come and ask for some tips that may be exclusive to Pokémmo from the original games. I just passed Vermilion in Kanto and am having alot of fun and can't wait to progress through the 3 regions and hit the endgame.

Hoping you guys might be able to answer some questions:

• When progressing from region to region do you get to play through the story beginning to end in each?
  • Do I lose my Pokémon when progressing to the next region or do levels reset?
  • What forms of currency are in the game and how do I get it? I've seen Battle Points or something?
  • Why wouldn't you just get 4 gym badges and just buy Pokemon you want from the marketplace?
  • Anyone know how I create a club on the website here? I'm in one in-game and it isn't showing here
  • Any other tips would be really appreciated! My name is Ducksy in game on Ch:8 if anyone wants to play with us!

Thanks alot guys!

1. Yes, you can play through end to end in each, and you can also switch back to other regions at ports.

2. You don't lose the Pokemon, they are placed in your PC. You can only use the Pokemon within the level cap depending on which badge you're on.

3. Yen(coins) is the main currency. BP is the currency usually used for PvP(can also be obtained from Battle Fronter and Battle Tower)

4. You absolutely can do that. Abusing GTL like that can make your journey much easier, but of course if you want to do it your way, you don't need to.

5. In one of the 'toolbar' icon at the bottom right of your screen, try finding team(you must not already be in a team) and it'll offer you the chance to make one.

6. If you've not already, I advise you to go into settings and turn toggle run on to make it less annoying. Check out the guides section, you can find so much information there. https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/26-guide-tavern/

24 minutes ago, Ducksy said:

Great. thanks alot guys. How do you obtain Pokeyen? ALso what can you buy with BP and Yen? Also I like your Draven profile pic!

by defeating NPCs, selling items, pokemons (yes, like Team Rocket) etc as long as not scamming

Please newcomer follow my advice : Do not pick Unova as starting region, Kanto is the best choice because it has the possibility to grind levels after arriving in vermillion using the VS seeker, i made many mistakes when i first started - choosing kanto first wasn't one of them.

1 hour ago, romanticmisery said:

Please newcomer follow my advice : Do not pick Unova as starting region, Kanto is the best choice because it has the possibility to grind levels after arriving in vermillion using the VS seeker, i made many mistakes when i first started - choosing kanto first wasn't one of them.

Yeah i started in Kanto and have just got to Celedon. Im having no trouble in battles so is it worth my time to back track and fight trainers again? Also do you think i should stop levelling my pokemon at a certain point? Ive heard something about a level 50 cap for end game pvp or something.

4 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

1. Yes

2. you don't have badges in that region so you can't use your high level pokes until you get theme.

3. Pokeyen and BP, you get battle points from pvp, beating the e4 now, or battle tower.

4.you can if you want some people want to do it their way though.

Do you mean i cant use my high level pokemon in another region until i get badges? Not sure what you mean by theme.

38 minutes ago, Ducksy said:

Do you mean i cant use my high level pokemon in another region until i get badges? Not sure what you mean by theme.

well if your max lvl of obediance is 30 with your curent badge and you try to use lvl 60 pokemon you will see them kill themself

3 hours ago, jerryzoo said:

Save as much money as you can..

Make trusted friends. 

Join active teams.

Save your potions they add up to take a huge chunk of your money. Wish i could give more but gtg working.

just saying you don't need a team at all (beside your 6 pokemon that you use)

12 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

well if your max lvl of obediance is 30 with your curent badge and you try to use lvl 60 pokemon you will see them kill themself

just saying you don't need a team at all (beside your 6 pokemon that you use)

Its a tip. I only suggested it because a good team can support you throughout the game. When times get hard look for good friends. Teammates are a great source to turn to for new players. Again you do not have too. But this is pokemmo why not?

Just now, jerryzoo said:

Its a tip. I only suggested it because a good team can support you throughout the game. When times get hard look for good friends. Teammates are a great source to turn to for new players. Again you do not have too. But this is pokemmo why not?

no  need for a team to have friend you just have to poke many people with a stick randomly to have a lot of friend in this game at least i got many friend request after doing random shit

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

no  need for a team to have friend you just have to poke many people with a stick randomly to have a lot of friend in this game at least i got many friend request after doing random shit

Very funny. 

2 hours ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

Join the RISE weebs for hire elite squad

Hello harry

1 hour ago, jerryzoo said:

Very funny. 

even if i didn't actually poke them with a stick i still do a buch of random shit that half the time end up in me getting a friend request and to give you an idea of random shit i do i had a converstion of about 5-10 minute with 2 people by just saying i like trains the whole time i only used caps and a bit of those "!?..." with it from time to time. so yeah do random shit and you will get many friends

1 hour ago, Ducksy said:

Yeah I made a team with 2 others that im trying to progress with at the same time so thats cool. Someone mentioned in game something about wings and vitamins for stat boosting. Can anyone direct me to where i could learn about that and sp.atk and sp.defence.

Mm... Do you plan on getting into competitive play? Because a lot of these stat boosting things only really matter if u do. Um as for sp att and sp def

Edited by jerryzoo

But to be honest I'd just start by finishing story. Catching pokemon on the way and saving money. Later down the line It'd be easier to understand all this stuff.

@Bestfriends

Might wanna check out bestfriends videos on youtube. He should link it Im heading to class and don't have time yet xD

Edited by jerryzoo
Merge plz
9 hours ago, Ducksy said:

Great. thanks alot guys. How do you obtain Pokeyen? ALso what can you buy with BP and Yen? Also I like your Draven profile pic!

Pokeyen you obtain after every NPC battle, Elite Four and selling items to NPCs. Farming items/Pokemon and selling to other players in the GTL is also a nice way to make a bit of cash.

BP can get you lots of nice stuff such as Vitamins(great for EV training, but if you don't know what that is, don't worry about it yet. You'll find out later on), good Pokemon items like choice bands/scarfs etc, vanity for you secret base and much more. BP is definitely more of an end game currency, so I think it's best you complete the storyline(s) then you can see for yourself because you can then earn it :)

PokeYen is used for most shop keepers and probably most important the breeding braces(you'll learn more about these later on if you don't know them already). Of course, it's the main trading currency so you'll spend most of it in GTL.

Draven Draveen DRAAAVEN. :)

Yeah I'd like to dabble in competitive play and learn about stat maxing it seems like fun. I'll just focus on the story for now. I'm getting an understanding about IV's and EV's as I progress. Just gonna save all my money and vitamins until I finish Kanto at least and see where to go from there. If I wanted to recruit for my club would you guys recommend doing it in game on channel 1? And I'll check out his vids Jerry, thanks!

5 minutes ago, Ducksy said:

Is it really obvious if you come across a shiny in the wild? I have some sprite mods installed and am worried I may not notice a shiny encounter.

The name of the shiny should be, lets say a ratatta, while a normal will only have RATATTA on the same, a shiny will have SHINY RATATTA.