Kyu done snapped with this one

11 hours ago, Yourmajestytx said:

Berries sale price increased from $10>$1300.  ?!  

That's a lot

I also think because it is difficult to get some $ and now that increasing the price is already more difficult even to make competitive pokes is expensive imagine spending so much $.

I just think they should add a Login system for each day that we log in earn $ or Reward Points

2 hours ago, xSyvered said:

I think he is encouraging people to make their own berries instead of buying them, despite it being extremely complex to do so.

May I ask - without intending to come across as condescending.

Which parts of berry growing do you consider to be complicated?

I ask so that we can try and make this clearer and easier to understand.

Just now, Darkshade said:

This wasn't really addressed to me, but I would like to chime in...

The system behind how berries work is intially simple but all of the combinations and how to get more seeds etc can be overwhelming to keep track of and is unrealistic to memorize more than the core set of berries you would need's combos.

Perhaps you could add a "BerryDex" or something of the like where upon successfully growing a berry yourself you gain the info on:

1. What combination of seeds can produce it
  2. What seeds you will get from that berry (in ranges, e.g. 2-5 dry seeds or 1 Very Dry Seed) etc
  3. What type of watering it likes (Dry? Average? Moist? Soaking?)
  4. How long does it take to mature
  5. How long it can go unattended for without consequences

That would probably be a lot of work for this, and we do have things on the forums, but not everyone uses the forums and it can be a bit of a pain to try and find the berry growing guides again and again each time you wanna grow something.

I personally as a player also feel that you should be rewarded for better care rather than punished for being unable to consistently keep it watered, and thus it just entirely dies.
Even if the rewards are pretty minimal I think we should get SOMETHING out of planting the berries either way, even if it's 1-2 berries or something it still means we can plant and forget about it without getting angry with ourselves.

TL;DR

A in-game look up for Berry growing info would be a god-send.

Have a low baseline reward for berries that is added to if you give better treatment instead of high baseline where you remove rewards from for poor treatment.

My info on berries might be quite outdated so if I had a wrong pressumption about how something worked please do correct me, I literally never touch the stuff because Im just afraid that in 6 hours or something I won't remember to come online and my tree will die and wow look at that I wasted resources and got nothing and am now sad.

Thank you - I thought this might be the primary issue.

I agree that having this information available via a UI would be helpful.

I do want to say though, the other thing is still an issue.

A lot of players just aren't motivated enough to log on purely for the purpose of watering their berries, and also some don't play for long enough periods of time that they can gurantee they will water their berries.

Off the top of my head i can think of some possible angles you could take towards it:

• Maybe make a plant dying a moderate chance, e.g. 30% of the time if not watered the plant will die entirely with 0 berries, 70% of the time it drops a very low number of berries but hey you still got SOMETHING
  • Don't make the berry trees die if you fail to harvest them in time despite having cared for them perfectly, if you did your job perfectly but then got pre-occupied and couldn't get online to harvest them it sure does suck to log in and say "Oh i see those XX hours of tender care were for literally nothing"
  • Perhaps you can implement a money sink that makes an NPC step in with "Below average" levels of care if you don't do it in time, making it where the plant won't die and also picking up your berries but they do a pretty bad job at it, meaning you would get more for doing it yourself AND you are also having to pay for it. And I know you guys love new money sinks.

It's just that it takes a certain kind of person with a certain kind of flexible schedule to actually look after these berries. and well, I'm not one of them despite wanting to run fun sets like Salac Berry endure sets or Custap Sturdy Explosion leads etc etc.

I have always hoped for some changes to the berry system, I hope you guys can at least sympathise with those of us who just don't have the time to play berrymmo but do want to be able to produce some of our own things, even if less than what other people might get.

40 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

@Matoka pretty much summed it up perfectly.

I've come across some of the issues mentioned and decided to create a small project to store as much information as possible on berries. I started gathering information from xStarr Berry Farming Guide and it's comments, and started a repository on GitHub where I've stored information I've gathered so far and am looking to get help from other people, that can submit their own data there. Here it is

Every data I've acquired so far is currently in this spreadsheet, and as you can see, there's still missing a lot of information about this feature (even though some of it is easily obtainable I just haven't had the time to do it)

P.S: I'd love if you helped me out with this @Matoka

Edited by xSyvered
Just now, xSyvered said:

@Matoka pretty much summed it up perfectly.

I've come across some of the issues mentioned and decided to create a small project to store as much information as possible on berries. I started gathering information from xStarr Berry Farming Guide and it's comments, and started a repository on GitHub where I've stored information I've gathered so far and am looking to get help from other people, that can submit their own data there. Here it is

Every data I've acquired so far is currently in this spreadsheet, and as you can see, there's still missing a lot of information about this feature (even though some of it is easily obtainablem I just haven't had the time to do it)

P.S: I'd love if you helped me out with this @Matoka

I'm not touching berries as a mechanic until they get changed haha

So sorry I can't really help you out with anything.

11 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I do want to say though, the other thing is still an issue.

I'm not ignoring your other point, it's just that I was looking for feedback on the complications of the system rather than whether it feels rewarding.

Not that I don't appreciate the feedback of course.

I have some ideas in mind (that may or may not fall in line with your own), but we'll have to have a discussion internally to see whether they're worth it.

Do you think it would be beneficial to have time information available in the UI somewhere for currently active berries?

8 minutes ago, Kite said:

I just feel the berry farming is too much of a micromanagement for my taste, so I'll just do without berries. 

That's fine - micromanagement is mostly primarily mechanic behind the berry system, it is appealing to some, but for everyone.

For those that don't wish to participate in the system, they can be purchased via the GTL.

I'm not ignoring your other point, it's just that I was looking for feedback on the complications of the system rather than whether it feels rewarding.

I have some ideas in mind (that may or may not fall in line with your own), but we'll have to have a discussion internally to see whether they're worth it.

Do you think it would be beneficial to have time information available in the UI somewhere for currently active berries?

That's fine - micromanagement is mostly primarily mechanic behind the berry system, it is appealing to some, but for everyone.

Short answer is yes, absolutely.

Oh, another idea I just had is possibly you could add a SINGLE tile in the game that people can grow a berry on late game where it gets watered by the berry master or something for you for free, it would give people a very small but consistent supply of their own berries without any stress of having to manage it, but would still take them the time to go plant and pick up the berries as well as get the seeds needed to plant it.

Other than that I think that's all the ideas / feedback I really have on it, I know you didn't ignore me so don't worry, i was just stressing that "Primary issue" felt a tad wrong as even if the info was given to me perfectly the micromanagement as a necessity to get -anything- out of it just discourages me from touching the feature with a 10m stick

18 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

For those that don't wish to participate in the system, they can be purchased via the GTL.

You can easily state that it's "not for everyone", but expect to get some negative feedback about berry farming when it seems that crafting with berries is being pushed a whole lot more with this update, and the shop prices of some medicines are rising even more and more. Not to mention that the base price of GTL berries are going to rise as well.

9 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

You can easily state that it's "not for everyone", but expect to get some negative feedback about berry farming when it seems that crafting with berries is being pushed a whole lot more with this update, and the shop prices of some medicines are rising even more and more. Not to mention that the base price of GTL berries are going to rise as well.

It's to be expected.

Like most games, there are various 'areas' of gameplay that players will place themselves into depending on preference.

Players who delve into these areas play the role of providing the market with items that the players who choose not to can purchase - ideally with money they've made by playing their 'area' of the game.

To be clear; I'm not trying to brush off any critique and we are of course open to making things more enjoyable to play where possible, but 'micro management' is effectively the entire purpose of the berry system, it's not something that we have any intention of changing.

Berry growing fills a role within the game for players who still want to play but don't have the time to play for lengthy periods of time, they are still able to fund their gameplay for times when they do, by growing berries around their available time schedule and using/selling them.

5 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It's to be expected.

Like most games, there are various 'areas' of gameplay that players will place themselves into depending on preference.

Players who delve into these areas play the role of providing the market with items that the players who choose not to can purchase - ideally with money they've made by playing their 'area' of the game.

But there are plenty of players wanting to dive into the berry system, but know that they can't due to the fact that "If I plant this berry now, my schedule won't permit me to pick it when it's harvestable". It causes players to form a life around of the fact that "I need to plant the berry at this time, come back in a few hours to water it, and come at the beginning of this four hour period or else I get penalized/the plant dies".

I would also argue that the berry farmers have more time to allocate to playing the game compared to most other producers in the game. If I'm shiny hunting, I can log on at any time and do that. If I'm pickup farming, I can log on anytime and do that. But if you're a berry farmer, you have to be on the game for a few specific periods of the day to attempt to make a profit at that.

And I'm definitely not advocating for the berry system to be so easy to the point to where watering doesn't matter and that plants don't die  It just seems that only a very specific part of the playerbase can even think about growing berries now.

Just now, Raichu4u said:

But there are plenty of players wanting to dive into the berry system, but know that they can't due to the fact that "If I plant this berry now, my schedule won't permit me to pick it when it's harvestable". It causes players to form a life around of the fact that "I need to plant the berry at this time, come back in a few hours to water it, and come at the beginning of this four hour period or else I get penalized/the plant dies".

I would also argue that the berry farmers have more time to allocate to playing the game compared to most other producers in the game. If I'm shiny hunting, I can log on at any time and do that. If I'm pickup farming, I can log on anytime and do that. But if you're a berry farmer, you have to be on the game for a few specific periods of the day to attempt to make a profit at that.

And I'm definitely not advocating for the berry system to be so easy to the point to where watering doesn't matter and that plants don't die  It just seems that only a very specific part of the playerbase can even think about growing berries now.

How much 'extra time' is acceptable from your point of view?

12 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

What point are you referring to?

Generally, but I suppose specifically with withering times.

How much leeway do you feel is acceptable for players with busy time schedules to still be able to succeed with the berry growing proccess?

How much leeway do you feel is acceptable for players with busy time schedules to still be able to succeed with the berry growing proccess?

A better question is why do the plants have to wither in the first place you if you successfully watered them perfectly.

Why -is- withering a thing? 

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Thank you - I thought this might be the primary issue.

I agree that having this information available via a UI would be helpful.

i grok just about everything their is in pokemmo but after quickly glancing over breeding mechanics, i said fuck it im just going to buy them. i could probably figure it out if i tried, but unless you shiny hunt, you only need a very few berrys for comp and none for anything else, so i just buy them. why spend all that time learning something new and complicated when spending literally 5 minutes grinding can buy me all the berrys i need for the next couple months. 

it's a waste of my time to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Complaints in my opinion will be negated if you work around the average work day one person goes by, which is about 8 hours (with the wilt system being 8 or 8+ hours). I would definitely participate in the berry system a whole lot more if I knew that as I was coming home from work, I could quickly log onto my account when I got home and harvest my berries.