Disable Tourney Spectate

Dinkle

Question

I don't know if i am alone on this but it seems some people will scope out peoples games before their match starts (in tournaments) to alter their teams (probably because they suck kek >:V).

Let me give you an example, say i am about to fight "BOB" (i know this because you can check the ladder) i can use the active tournament feature to spectate BOBs last game or i could get my friend to watch it for me (so they can let u no everything they have) and find out he has 6 pokes and the only move they have is tackle (a normal move), i could build my team around this and create something that consists of 6 ghost pokemon (broken right?).

It is pretty hard to miss this when your opponent takes 9 mins to ready up.... for every game. And then when it finally starts his team is a perfect counter to his opponents.

There is a multitude of things the devs could do to prevent this such as:

•Disabling spectate whilst the tourney is active and enable it when its over.

•Some people will want to spectate their friends battle so, we could have a new feature where you right click your friend and you get a option "invite to spectate" (which would most likely need to come up with a box to your opponent and they have to allow your friend to spectate to avoid any "scoping").  ///

•Allow people to still select spectate but their request will have to be approved by both parties before they can join.   ///

•Hide peoples names on the list of people in the tourney at that time, this way people who just scope peoples teams don't have a unfair advantage by remembering their next opponent only uses 6 pokemon that are all weak to grass.

•Your team is locked in from the start so you can't get a insane advantage, people could still scout your sets but it isn't nearly as bad as them countering your whole team.

For the points marked with "///" at the end, we would need a separate feature to auto decline spectate requests just incase people decided to spam the hell out of someone in order to make them loose the game.

I really hope this happens because i can't see how it is justifiable, everyone who i have spoke to thinks they need to fix this as it as practically cheating in a sense, and PvP is meant to require skill not knowing how to cheat.

Edited by Dinkle
BOONK GANG

58 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

This sounds like account sharing, which is not allowed. Please report suspected instances of account sharing so that a GM or SGM can take appropriate action.

I think he was referring the boxer as if it was the pokemon, not the boxer being the user. 

7 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Making the bracket blind so people won't know who they are fighting next might help- obviously it stops working at the very last rounds but it sure it limiting the scouting quite a lot. Good luck scouting 128 men bracket, 64 fights kek

This is probably the best way to 'fix' it imo.

13 hours ago, ImFunk said:

Sure people will find new ways of scouting but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to stop it. It doesn't seem fair for people that may only have one team, but I don't like the idea of not being able to spectate. It seems like the best option here is to lock teams before the tournament starts. With this people could still scout for items/moves without being able to completely counter team someone.

Saying you only have 1 team, is a poor excuse imo, one can make more by playing the game, so having only 1, should encourage you to make more. I don't agree with locking out. 

As I see it rn, scouting is ok, you can argue people with lesser comps will suffer more from it, than someone with more comps. But do you really want to go into games blind? I can scout, and so can my opponent, and I'm completely fine with that, heck, I lost in the azumarill tour cause pipe took the time to counter me, completely fine with that, I was the one who didn't change team for second round almost. The best way imo, would be to keep the names hidden until the round starts like Forfiter said, this would kinda solve the problem, shuffling it and having the name remain hidden while round didn't start.

I have a good idea for stop (just a little the scouting) when any tourney started everybody can see you battles right! When you defeat you opponent and you are waitting for you next battle, you only can see his last battle if his continue doing the battle, after his battle done, the only way that he can scouting you is some friend scouting you while your opponent is trynna win before, idk if i be clear with my reference!  The review battle just stop in the tourney, after done the finals everybody can see the all battles.