Catch Event Prize

DarylDixon

Question

Hi Guys, would it be possible if in the event hunts the first prize changed? instead of giving a shiny one, give a competitive pokémon 3x30 3x31? and maybe you shiny one of them a month? would be nice too to get new gen4 pokes not implemented like chimchar etc..
(I propose this also because too many newbie storyline people win and later like some weeks they quit the game too ... and that's unfair for keep this game.)

(also im not saying dis because i want to be the only winner of em but just to be fair.. if that is right or no..)

sorry my english bb

14 answers to this question

I'm completely fine with giving shinies to casual players. Quite rather that's pretty much the only thing those casual players would consider something in high value. Quite contrary, I think for comp players having frequent prizes but perfect comps is much more useful than shinies and makes much more sense and then for something major like seasonals you would give a perfect IV'd rare shiny. I don't think it should be out of the question to rather than giving money in community combats to give perfect comps from something in the respective tier in 64 man CCs as well. If you would argue that the yen would lose value for too frequent giveaways of perfect comps I'd highly disagree because comp players always can come up with new movesets for same Pokemon and the demand is essentially endless.

Edited by OrangeManiac
7 minutes ago, semjon said:

The event mons should at least be able to reach their last evolution imo, is there any possibility?

If they are a gift that needs trading to evolve we encourage hosts to instead give out the evolved form, provided that is the most desired form.

Aside from that I don't think we have any intention on necessarily limiting the shinies that can be given out in PvE events. I believe we are still exploring the realm of non-shiny comps as prizes to supplement shiny prizes as well.

1 hour ago, XelaKebert said:

Do you mean like changing the IV spread or allowing for something like 0 Speed to max out damage from Gyro Ball?

that thing isn't already available since we ca choice the iv if we want the hidden power? for example  i won shiny forretress and i want hp fire 31,24,31,24,25,0 ? or is  a different thing?

A lot of the players who take part in catching events do not really compete in tournaments, therefore it would be a bit unfair to give them a prize they will not use. One way I could see to get around this issue is to perhaps offer a choice between a shiny version of a Pokemon or a non shiny Competitive one. 

50 minutes ago, Noad said:

A lot of the players who take part in catching events do not really compete in tournaments, therefore it would be a bit unfair to give them a prize they will not use. One way I could see to get around this issue is to perhaps offer a choice between a shiny version of a Pokemon or a non shiny Competitive one. 

but the unfair thing is most winners are newbie storyline players they win with an insane luck and you should know alot of em later like 1 week or something you don't see em active anymore.. just the only way is better to do comp pokes than shiny...

1 minute ago, DarylDixon said:

but the unfair thing is most winners are newbie storyline players they win with an insane luck and you should know alot of em later like 1 week or something you don't see em active anymore.. just the only way is better to do comp pokes than shiny...

so? It shouldn't matter who it is that wins

1 hour ago, DarylDixon said:

How is this unfair? Capture events are reliant on RNG by nature. Everyone has the same chance to win but it all comes down to luck. We don't have any intention on shutting players out of official events to favor long term players at all. That would be unfair to newer players who want to take part. It is also not fair to the players who do win to say they are newbies anyway. Just because you do not see them active that does not mean they have quit the game. They may be opting to stay out of chat, on a different channel, or on at different times.