a possibe fix to lvl cap issue

ThePrettyPetard

Question

i think the lvl cap is mostly an issue to new player starting the game since the older one that did other story before the update managed to beat the unova story for the most common reason of having enough fund to have good team/item so what if insted of making the game easier (and not help them to be prepared for the future post game content) we just remove the new lvl cap from the origin region of the player that way the new player wouldn't face the wall that is this new lvl cap right away (might also help if the new player are a bit rusty) and with that they could be able  to gather more fund that they could use for the 2 other story with the harder lvl cap. with that way the new players might be more interested in staying with us for longer while still getting prepared for future post story content.

9 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

My biggest issue with this is that it would make Alt accounts more prevalent. Why go through a region with increased difficulty when you can just make a new character and do it with the same end result. A system that makes Alt accounts better than having everything on the one character is a flawed system imo

i don't think it would really be better to make alt in that case since, yes playing each story will be easier but, you would loose all the advantage of having everything on one character wich would be a pain in the ass for them to  move all their stuff from one alt to the other, that would ruin of of the best aspect of pokemmo for them so i think that seeing them cheat by shooting themself on the foot is an arguable issue. also if they play threw the first story and move on to the next one not knowing the difference in difficulty  chances are that they would most likely keep going for a while until they either beat it or think about making an alt to have it easy but loose all their progress in the region they started. personally i would rather keep going rather than making an alt and having to redo the same thing. at least that time they will have money to help themself to beat the story

On 7-12-2017 at 5:31 PM, Darkshade said:

I feel as though a system such as this would be unlikely to achieve the goal that you're aiming for.

Instead of having them play through 1 region without a cap and then staying on to play an additional region with one, I think it would instead set them up with unrealistic expectations for the further regions/the rest of the game, and then leave them disappointed once they realize it is not as easy as they first thought - thus causing them to leave, again.

i disagree with what you say in this section, well disagree i do agree with the expectations thingy, but i do think it would help new players to get the first region without being level capped so they can reach the endgame of at least 1 region wich they could utilize to prepare for the other 2 regions. making it a hardcore wall on all 3 regions could make a roadblock where a player cannot reach comp level,, if im not mistaken u can only breed in hoenn before E4, or even that is locked idk, but i do know it would help to remove cap on their starting region.

36 minutes ago, Nibero said:

if im not mistaken u can only breed in hoenn before E4, or even that is locked idk

actually you can breed before the e4 in both hoenn and unova only kanto is locked to post e4 for unova you unlock it when you save the old dude in nimbasa and for hoenn i think it's has soon has you reach it in mauvile