POKEDEX FIRST PAGE FOR FREE!!! ( Close topic please)

Nibero

Question

ok its about the pokedex, i have been thinking and thinking and i came to a conclussion that unlocking the information is both a blockade and kind of useless ( aside from moveset/base stat information etc), 

its a blockade because when i need my pokedex the most, it kind of becomes useless

ex: i encounter a new pokemon in unova i never seen before in my life because i played till emerald, i whip out pokedex and see ????? everywhere , and i end up pressing my browser and still going for the information , if its a trainer match , npc match i will stall till i feel like im "properly" informed, and im sure pressing the browser button is a general response from most of the players that get in a situation like this so why not give the pokedex by default standard information that can help you to make good decisions.

like i wanna be able to see:

Types!! very important #1 reason why i start to google

bassicly the first summary page entirely,

why?

Type:

scenario: mid battle you have to face a pokemon you dont know, dont properly remember or  <fill in reason>, you whip out your dex to check but you get ??? as your information,

everyone would google it if they rlly want to win , this takes times depending on internet speed ( thank god im blessed with fast internet but im talking for others),

and my point being is the information will be obtained one way or another, so im bassicly begging to cut out the middleman and make the game more playerfriendly information wise.

Description:

why not, tho i could care less about this one

Ev Yield:

u didnt catch all pokemon yet, but u want to dedicate yourself to training one properly ev wise, wouldnt it be at least neat if u can just whip out ur dex on wild encounters to see if u can get the proper evs? 

Egg group:

bassicly usefull for breeders that are unsure about a pokemon being in a egg group they need.

height and weight:

... couldnt care less

would this break the dex? no u still need to catch one to know all its information (evolution levels , moveset capabilities , base stats) tho some might argue base stats would also be usefull to see to know what is intresting to catch, but on that one i agree that u should just catch one and find out else to much free info

(not to mention u dont "crucially" need this information like u could waste a pokeball and find out , where as in the points noted above with egg groups discluded it would just be extremely usefull so u dont fckup and have to reverse mistakes or lose a battle, releasing a poke that turns out bad isnt that hard in comparison)

bassicly the points i noted above is needed information in scenario's where u just dont know it

and i have to add, if the pokedex would be broken if the first page would be free or it would defeat the purpose of unlocking the information, i would say internet already broke the dex a long time ago... can we please cut out the middleman ?

thanks for reading my wall of crap, i appriciate it,

ps. i will keep nagging about this one cuz middleman just is a pain..

Edited by Nibero

28 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

not that i don't want to se your idea happen but you could always cheat the dex like me by using gtl to know type and base stats it works for almost all pokemon also you don't get the lvl of evolution by catching a pokemon you get it from seeing the evolve form

see my point on cutting out the middleman? lol your in the same boat as me with a different method :P but yeh i know that one

25 minutes ago, redspawn said:

No thanks, if you want people to spoon feed you information, you're playing the wrong kind of game. It's a mmo, place some effort into it. 

im already being spoonfed information whenever i want, its called the internet ,so i declare that argument invalid all i am asking is to make it more playerfriendly and to let me see this info on my dex, it would even feel nicer then some webpage better game experience

oh and trust me im playing the correct game you cant even touch me:) ,

effort? whisper me ingame and il link my breeds, the kind of effort your referring to doesnt even come close to that effort mate, sorry for being r00d with ya i keep it real :)

first: main post clearly states: Only first page ( wich has some rlly relevant info when u dont know what ur up against to make choices in the right direction) i even stated that the rest should stay a unlockable because it has no high priority ( ex: u can easy catch a mon in ur free time, while in a battle ur directly faced with a decision to make that could be important)

secondly: spoonfeeding aka googling for answers is already a thing, maybe u know all pokemon and their types but that doesnt mean other players know them also :) and my suggestion would cut out the need to open ur browser and have "faster" aka more "playerfriendly" information available by just going into the dex ingame,

now if u can make some constructive good argument as why this would be a bad idea i would like you to post that otherwise just  stop being a negative uguu and stay away please

#realtalk

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed references to removed content
1 minute ago, redspawn said:

no i never anwsered him or gave an argument related to the base suggestion

well you said it yourelf has the quote says^. 

funny how we can edit those thing but more seriously his point was just to cut the need to use an outside "pokedex" to stay more in the game wich isn't that gamebreaking but honestly just giving out the type of the pokemon would be enough not that much need for the other things

Just now, ThePrettyPetard said:

well you said it yourelf has the quote says^. 

funny how we can edit those thing but more seriously his point was just to cut the need to use an outside "pokedex" to stay more in the game wich isn't that gamebreaking but honestly just giving out the type of the pokemon would be enough not that much need for the other things

exactly i mean look at first page of pokedex, ( i still suggest to keep moveset , evolution info , base stats locked till u actually catch a mon),

its truly just relevant info that wouldnt remove the need to catch a pokemon , and it WOULD remove the need to google for answers in situations where u gotta make decisions.

1 hour ago, Nibero said:

first: main post clearly states: Only first page ( wich has some rlly relevant info when u dont know what ur up against to make choices in the right direction) i even stated that the rest should stay a unlockable because it has no high priority ( ex: u can easy catch a mon in ur free time, while in a battle ur directly faced with a decision to make that could be important)

secondly: spoonfeeding aka googling for answers is already a thing, maybe u know all pokemon and their types but that doesnt mean other players know them also :) and my suggestion would cut out the need to open ur browser and have "faster" aka more "playerfriendly" information available by just going into the dex ingame,

now if u can make some constructive good argument as why this would be a bad idea i would like you to post that otherwise just  stop being a negative uguu

#realtalk

So my argument wasn't contructive enough? Then let me rephrase.

No, there's no need for this.

You want information about something, you can find plenty. You, yourself said it, internet already feed you information. You have access to internet, therefor you can search it. All of this, you can search by typing in google.com: Bulbapedia "name", Pokemondb "name", serebii "name". The idea of it being ''occult'' is that you eitehr make an effort to catch it, to complete the pokedex, or buy it, so you get the info, you see, a way to make sure things at least a bit interesting. The game is not all about PvP, there's people who play strickly for the PvE content.

Also, please Nibero, if you're so desperate to proof yourself in a duel(which has nothing to do with your thread aswell), hmu later today, leaving work in about 2 hours, OU clauses, and lets make a wager, what would you say?

Edited by XelaKebert
Clean up
4 minutes ago, redspawn said:

So my argument wasn't contructive enough? Then let me rephrase.

No, there's no need for this.

You want information about something, you can find plenty. You, yourself said it, internet already feed you information. You have access to internet, therefor you can search it. All of this, you can search by typing in google.com: Bulbapedia "name", Pokemondb "name", serebii "name". The idea of it being ''occult'' is that you eitehr make an effort to catch it, to complete the pokedex, or buy it, so you get the info, you see, a way to make sure things at least a bit interesting. The game is not all about PvP, there's people who play strickly for the PvE content.

well nibro's idea is to not break "immersion" by using outside data from the web and yours is just no break that immersion... also just puting that out there doesn't the pokedex in the anime has many info about a pokemon after only seeing it?

Alright that is enough bickering and epeen measuring in here.

To the OP and others involved in the posts I removed, this section exists solely for constructive discussion of suggestions for the game. It is not a place to whip out your epeen to see how it stacks up against someone else. It is not a place to attack other players either. If you can't defend your argument civilly and constructively the do not post in the thread. If I have to intervene again I will issue full warning points to all parties involved.

4 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

Alright that is enough bickering and epeen measuring in here.

To the OP and others involved in the posts I removed, this section exists solely for constructive discussion of suggestions for the game. It is not a place to whip out your epeen to see how it stacks up against someone else. It is not a place to attack other players either. If you can't defend your argument civilly and constructively the do not post in the thread. If I have to intervene again I will issue full warning points to all parties involved.

i wont let myself get triggered further, i also agree that i rather discuss the topic i presented then "bickering", that said can i have your opinion on the topic Xela?

It makes complete sense that you should just get some info from just encountering the pokemon, as it makes sense that a Pokemon Encyclopedia, would have that info. Just because you can use google for this simple stuff doesnt mean that this idea is immediately invalid. Like the OP said, there are people that have slower speeds, and cannot just open browser and google without taking minutes of thier time.

Anyway, how about this. Do it ORAS dexnav style, instead of just get the all the info immediately on you first sighting of the pokemon, you get more and more info (like weight/height and ev yeild) as you encounter it more offen, and get all of it when you catch the pokemon.

Like:

First encounter- you learn the name and where to catch it
Second encounter- you get the weight/height

Fifth encounter- you get the ev yeild
Catch- everything

You could even add info like held items to the pokedex and have them unlocked at a certain encounter or when caught.

Edited by superpichu999
25 minutes ago, superpichu999 said:

It makes complete sense that you should just get some info from just encountering the pokemon, as it makes sense that a Pokemon Encyclopedia, would have that info. Just because you can use google for this simple stuff doesnt mean that this idea is immediately invalid. Like the OP said, there are people that have slower speeds, and cannot just open browser and google without taking minutes of thier time.

Anyway, how about this. Do it ORAS dexnav style, instead of just get the all the info immediately on you first sighting of the pokemon, you get more and more info (like weight/height and ev yeild) as you encounter it more offen, and get all of it when you catch the pokemon.

Like:

First encounter- you learn the name and where to catch it
Second encounter- you get the weight/height

Fifth encounter- you get the ev yeild
Catch- everything

cool idea let me start out by saying that, i do think knowing a pokemons typing is the #1 priority just alone for all the pvpers out there to whom unova is rather new experience ( or to any newcommer to the pokemon scene that likes pvp), tho its very possible other people might find other points to be more of a priority this is kind off a personal preference so maybe it is actually better to give all the information on page 1 ( what i suggested in main post), so that everyone can get their own value out of this in their own way. i do like your creative thinking tho have to say that much

2 hours ago, redspawn said:

or buy it, so you get the info, you see, a way to make sure things at least a bit interesting. 

not tryna get back into conflict but i did detect something i overread before, this kind of gives me the impression it hits you in your wallet if people wouldnt buy pokemon to fill their dex... IF this is true then your main reason your against this is because you "would" earn less pixelmoneys :), and your main objective wouldnt be for improved gameplay(playerfriendlyness) but for your own gains, wich kind of makes me wanna exclude your entire opinion on this topic in precaution of the possibility,

fear not however, people would still buy pokemon from you to fill their dex :) its for the fun of doing so when you want to collect them, and the first page info would only be usefull for people who quickly need that info and people would still buy it to learn stuff like base stats movesets and the rest of the shabang, but as said il be excluding your opinion cuz of the fishy smell i got and il be fully ignoring you from point on.

Edited by Nibero
7 hours ago, redspawn said:

No thanks, if you want people to spoon feed you information, you're playing the wrong kind of game. It's a mmo, place some effort into it. 

I agree with you on this point. Effort is important to receiving information and if your not willing to put in the effort of catching the pokemon, then you can purchase the pokemon you want on the Global Trade Link or GTL. For YouTube purposes, I plan on logging in once I complete real life errands and try to make a dent in my PokeDex for tournament commentary reasons. Information should be a reward for obtaining the pokemon instead of given for free.

19 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I agree with you on this point. Effort is important to receiving information and if your not willing to put in the effort of catching the pokemon, then you can purchase the pokemon you want on the Global Trade Link or GTL. For YouTube purposes, I plan on logging in once I complete real life errands and try to make a dent in my PokeDex for tournament commentary reasons. Information should be a reward for obtaining the pokemon instead of given for free.

the first page is only relevant if you want to identify something ur up against, train a pokemon on wilds , know what is in your egg group if ur breeding. the other information still needs effort , like moveset , base stats , and evolution information so plenty of effort if u want to have all information, im asking for a finger not the whole hand.

also realisticly speaking i would never make said effort to complete my dex anyway, truth is i completed my dex on original games once and i have really fast internet and i will check it at another source and if i happen to be midbattle  i will simply stall the match to become informed one way or the other. and this is why i ask for first page because it would speed up checking up some basic info ( wich anyone could use to give commentary on tournaments with its description text or w/e that also is on first page). 

i only start catching/buying pokemon to see their moveset anyway so i can see the potential not to mention base stats so i dont see the fuss really

not to mention the other people who buy it to fill up their dex( and giving first page out free would not even come close to making that useless)

4 hours ago, Nibero said:

the first page is only relevant if you want to identify something ur up against, train a pokemon on wilds , know what is in your egg group if ur breeding. the other information still needs effort , like moveset , base stats , and evolution information so plenty of effort if u want to have all information, im asking for a finger not the whole hand.

also realisticly speaking i would never make said effort to complete my dex anyway, truth is i completed my dex on original games once and i have really fast internet and i will check it at another source and if i happen to be midbattle  i will simply stall the match to become informed one way or the other. and this is why i ask for first page because it would speed up checking up some basic info ( wich anyone could use to give commentary on tournaments with its description text or w/e that also is on first page). 

i only start catching/buying pokemon to see their moveset anyway so i can see the potential not to mention base stats so i dont see the fuss really

not to mention the other people who buy it to fill up their dex( and giving first page out free would not even come close to making that useless)

Good evening Nibero, I hope your doing well.

We do not see eye to eye on your premise. The details on the pokemon you caught or bought is a reward for you making the effort to receive the pokemon. Why should any part of the pokedex be exposed. This is like me wrapping a gift for my cousin and leaving 25% of it uncovered. My cousin would not really be too thrilled to receive the gift since he already figured out what was inside before he went back home. Personally, I would like to see the Wild Locations exposed in the dex if you saw the pokemon and your trying to hunt it down for registration.

As far as YouTube is concerned, I want to show my viewers that I want to do the effort of tracking down pokemon for my dex to ensure quality tournament commentary content. I want people to make effort on their behalf of registering the pokemon in question.

The whole concept of the game is too fill the pokedex. To fill said pokedex you must encounter and catch (or evolve) at least 1 of every pokemon. It is this sole reason that I do not agree with this suggestion. 

You already have tools at your disposal. So use them. I am more in favor of the pokedex being more and more useful, such as more features that show what pokemon can hold what item. Or searching pokemon by moves and the like. 

On 7-12-2017 at 11:38 PM, Bestfriends said:

I would like to see the Wild Locations exposed in the dex if you saw the pokemon and your trying to hunt it down for registration.

This information is just as relevant as the information im suggesting, why not lock this part also? i mean u dont want 10% of ur gift to be unwrapped do you? (your own words).

its funny how contradicting people can be when its about something they find intresting themself, il make u happy tho u can already see wild locations after seeing a poke, as far i know this is standard procedure.

On 8-12-2017 at 11:55 AM, Kite said:

I am more in favor of the pokedex being more and more useful,

its funny that u say this and wanna achieve the opposite by being against this idea and removing some usefullness the pokedex could offer by NOT forcing me to check a website. Just to find out what freaking "Type" a pokemon is... Question:, are u suggesting i just yolo w/e move into my opponent to lose the match based on that bad call then going out to catch w/e he was using to fcking know a type :D? i hope u realize any smart human would GOOGLE for this, and my point is that the information is already all over the place, and the only place where this info really matters ( ingame) has it locked, i hope now u start to see a little bit of the point im tryna make.

On 8-12-2017 at 11:55 AM, Kite said:

such as more features that show what pokemon can hold what item. Or searching pokemon by moves and the like. 

il help you, all pokemon can hold any item, its up to your brains to decide if a combination will work out. the latter is a good idea and it would still require pokemon to be caught as i only want first page available.

bottomline: this information is all over the place 

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/

https://www.serebii.net/

just to name two right out my head, serebii pokedex can even adjust to generations wich means i can just use that right there and it would be accurate :), and once again i have sonic internet i PERSONALLY do not care THAT much ( wich is why i post every now and then), but this would make life easier for people with suckish connections and it would "Level the playing field" , imagine i have top notch internet and u take 5 min to load a page, we both google for answers in a matchup and i find my answers fast and u cant even do it in your turn timelimit. :) please open ur eyes lol i beg of u

On 6-12-2017 at 7:30 PM, superpichu999 said:

at least he understands ^ , pokedex should give basic infos ( imo first page) , and if u want stats / movelists information etc then u will have to catch/buy it so filling up your pokedex still has its same uses. as some information can simply be very urgent like my example with the matchup vs a poke u dont recognize and dont know its type, u need to make calls in that instance u cant go out and catch one and figure it out like that, while when ur thinking of training a certain pokemon you have your "free time"  to go and find out and will not be instantly punished for not knowing this info. (like using a bug move on a bug/steel type cuz u had no darn clue, random example).

Edited by Nibero

ps. im getting tired of me bringing arguments to the table while you guys are bringing the way you feel about it to the table ( with exeption of a few arguments ive seen wich are less then 2..) at least counter what im saying with good argumentation otherwise it will become a i feel it should be versus how you feel it should be and only good argumentation can decide the outcome of this discussion, and only good argumentation could sway me from this idea, so please :)

if u think you already had a good argument, well im still here suggesting this topic so nobody had any strong points.

Edited by Nibero
9 hours ago, Nibero said:

This information is just as relevant as the information im suggesting, why not lock this part also? i mean u dont want 10% of ur gift to be unwrapped do you? (your own words).

its funny how contradicting people can be when its about something they find intresting themself, il make u happy tho u can already see wild locations after seeing a poke, as far i know this is standard procedure.

its funny that u say this and wanna achieve the opposite by being against this idea and removing some usefullness the pokedex could offer by NOT forcing me to check a website. Just to find out what freaking "Type" a pokemon is... Question:, are u suggesting i just yolo w/e move into my opponent to lose the match based on that bad call then going out to catch w/e he was using to fcking know a type :D? i hope u realize any smart human would GOOGLE for this, and my point is that the information is already all over the place, and the only place where this info really matters ( ingame) has it locked, i hope now u start to see a little bit of the point im tryna make.

il help you, all pokemon can hold any item, its up to your brains to decide if a combination will work out. the latter is a good idea and it would still require pokemon to be caught as i only want first page available.

Good afternoon Nibero, I hope your doing well. Let me assess my argument point by point:

1. There is a difference between trying to hunt for the pokemon and actually catching the pokemon and registering it to your dex. Think of it like a pirate with a treasure map, he/she has the map of where the treasure is and he sails around for that treasure. A map should not be lumped into the gift wrap analogy since it only tells you the locations and not a part of the bio for a pokemon. If you don't believe me, battle a trainer that has a pokemon that you did not see before and check your dex in the regular pokemon games. They tell you the location after you had seen the pokemon.

2. Your calling me a hypocrite for giving you a map as to where the pokemon in question is. Lets take the map from the pirate's hands and tear it up. He will have no idea where the treasure is buried, but the pirate is required to go on Google and find out the locations of the pokemon himself. The type info should be earned rather than given and location info on a pokemon is the map he/she uses to track down the pokemon in question.

I figured that this is necessary to draw a map and illustrate my point in order to help you understand where I am coming from:

b7fa5cb49115c243d450faef09a3642a.png

The 'X's represent the locations of the pokemon and you have to fly to those said locations in order to catch and register the pokemon in question into your PokeDex. Even type information can be in the treasure chest once you open it (the treasure chest is the pokemon you encounter and catch). You will feel a satisfied feeling after you catch the pokemon (I tried it and this was fun). Just like in a college paper, you should be willing to put in the work instead of hiring someone to do it for you (which you can do at the Global Trade Link).

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
6 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Good afternoon Nibero, I hope your doing well. Let me assess my argument point by point:

1. There is a difference between trying to hunt for the pokemon and actually catching the pokemon and registering it to your dex. Think of it like a pirate with a treasure map, he/she has the map of where the treasure is and he sails around for that treasure. A map should not be lumped into the gift wrap analogy since it only tells you the locations and not a part of the bio for a pokemon. If you don't believe me, battle a trainer that has a pokemon that you did not see before and check your dex in the regular pokemon games. They tell you the location after you had seen the pokemon.

2. Your calling me a hypocrite for giving you a map as to where the pokemon in question is. Lets take the map from the pirate's hands and tear it up. He will have no idea where the treasure is buried, but the pirate is required to go on Google and find out the locations of the pokemon himself. The type info should be earned rather than given and location info on a pokemon is the map he/she uses to track down the pokemon in question.

I figured that this is necessary to draw a map and illustrate my point in order to help you understand where I am coming from:

b7fa5cb49115c243d450faef09a3642a.png

The 'X's represent the locations of the pokemon and you have to fly to those said locations in order to catch and register the pokemon in question into your PokeDex. Even type information can be in the treasure chest once you open it (the treasure chest is the pokemon you encounter and catch). You will feel a satisfied feeling after you catch the pokemon (I tried it and this was fun). Just like in a college paper, you should be willing to put in the work instead of hiring someone to do it for you (which you can do at the Global Trade Link).

i am starting to get the idea that im speaking chinese... you can draw a map and come with a funny explanation on how u bassicly want me to put in "effort" to get this "information" , while im trying to explain that in "2017" we have "internet" and we dont need said " effort" for "small bits of information", and yes when i want to know EVERYTHING about a pokemon im working on i will <insert bad language> catch one... i get that ... sorry for getting irritated but it sounds like a broken record by now "effort this" "effort that" , i get that,

what you fail to understand on my side however is

1. that there is a NEED for certain information at certain times when u CANT just go and follow ur treasure map because ur stuck in a battle or whatever ( no time to go and catch or w/e u will lose the match if u make wrong calls, as a comp player not knowing unova poke cuz ur too oldskool, im not talking about stupid npc battles here).

2.the fact that my only tool for getting information aka the pokedex is fully useless in that situation ( wich i try to change with my suggestion and add functionality)

and offc 3. that its already all being googled as we speak by anyone that needs this information in a short timespan while we have a useless dex that could fit the role ( see point 2) and cut out this middleman called the internet, maybe u dont google it because you have a "need" to complete it the honest way, thats your choice and respect for that, but to each their own :)

tbh idk why i even respond cuz im already using my pokedex websites in full glory :), asif id buy off gtl and spend money for this little info good joke, id rather follow petards suggestion and USE gtl to see their typings, wich wasnt a bad idea either. but that "effort" your talking about i will never ever do again :) i filled my dex up once and it was satisfying enough for a lifetime, im entitled to my own decisions.

19 hours ago, Nibero said:

bottomline: this information is all over the place 

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/

https://www.serebii.net/

just to name two right out my head, serebii pokedex can even adjust to generations wich means i can just use that right there and it would be accurate :), and once again i have sonic internet i PERSONALLY do not care THAT much ( wich is why i post every now and then), but this would make life easier for people with suckish connections and it would "Level the playing field" , imagine i have top notch internet and u take 5 min to load a page, we both google for answers in a matchup and i find my answers fast and u cant even do it in your turn timelimit. :) please open ur eyes lol i beg of u

at least he understands ^ , pokedex should give basic infos ( imo first page) , and if u want stats / movelists information etc then u will have to catch/buy it so filling up your pokedex still has its same uses. as some information can simply be very urgent like my example with the matchup vs a poke u dont recognize and dont know its type, u need to make calls in that instance u cant go out and catch one and figure it out like that, while when ur thinking of training a certain pokemon you have your "free time"  to go and find out and will not be instantly punished for not knowing this info. (like using a bug move on a bug/steel type cuz u had no darn clue, random example).

There is a difference between what you want, and the Pokedex showing what items are held by what pokemon considering that on PokeMMO some pokemon are holding items that isn't listed on Serebii or Bulbapedia.

Again the whole concept of the game is to catch them all. Professor even tells you he wants YOU to fill the pages of the Pokedex.  

6 hours ago, Kite said:

There is a difference between what you want, and the Pokedex showing what items are held by what pokemon considering that on PokeMMO some pokemon are holding items that isn't listed on Serebii or Bulbapedia.

Again the whole concept of the game is to catch them all. Professor even tells you he wants YOU to fill the pages of the Pokedex.  

my chinese is amazing apperently...

2 hours ago, Kite said:

Or just you know, go buy/catch the pokemon for the info.

naw il just press P and check gtl for the pokemon in question and view the pokemon summary pages instead for a main idea, tho not everyone knows how to read stats well so i guess il have a advantage, oh well. 

1 hour ago, Nibero said:

naw il just press P and check gtl for the pokemon in question and view the pokemon summary pages instead for a main idea, tho not everyone knows how to read stats well so i guess il have a advantage, oh well. 

Then this suggestion must not be that important for you.