Honey: a possible solution to the sweet scent problem

superpichu999

Question

There have been quite a few threads talking about people want to be able to hotkey sweet scent or have a sweet scent ocarina to basically fufill that same thing, being able to use sweet scent with one button press.

Funny thing is, there actaully is an item from the main series that can fix this problem entirely.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Honey
" Honey (Japanese: あまいミツ Sweet Honey) is an item that was introduced in Generation IV. When used in tall grass, Honey acts in a manner similar to the move Sweet Scent, starting a wild Pokémon battle. In Generation VI, this will trigger a Horde Encounter if they are present in the area; however, in Pokémon X and Y, it cannot cause a wild encounter if the overworld weather is not clear. "

So my solution is to have a way to obtain honey in such a way that it dosent devalue leppas but allows people to have it on the hot bar for easy use. That way would be to have it be a craftable item that uses leppa berries, meaning that there will still be a need to farm leppas and possibly add some value to other items.

I'm thinking 2 leppas plus some other item (maybe berry juice or something) would a good mount to craft honey.

Now the only issue with this i can see is that combee have a chance to hold it and  have an ability that allows them to pick up honey. If this idea were to be implemented, the chances that combees have or can pick up honey should be reduced (or removed if needed).

Anyway, hopefully this is a good comprimise for people that want a sweet scent ocarina and the devs.

Edited by superpichu999

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Malorne said:

And what u're trying to say is that they should implement this so that people can use those to summon hordes easily instead of using 5 PP per sweet scent or leppas.

I am offering a compromise to the people that have been asking for a way to hotkey sweet scent or want a sweet scent ocarina (in which kyu isnt keen on). The way i put it people will be able to use the item on the hotbar, it uses leppas to obtain so they still have the same demand, uses an item thats already in the main series that if its functions were just added would actually devalue leppas, and fleshes out the crafting system. I personally dont mind clicking a few extra times to use sweet scent or to buy leppas, but i thought id help the people that do mind.

Edited by superpichu999