Guild Housing Concept - including money sinks and additional endgame goals

Quakkz

Question

So since Hoenn Secret Bases have been implemented a while ago and they still dont have any real use which frustrates me i want to add my idea for guild bases:

they would replace the former player secret base spots and would be up for grabs for a high amount of yen that has to be collected by the team together in order to purchase a location, where they can built up their base - lets say 30 mill yen (just throwing out numbers here)

In order to keep the base the team has to pay a monthly rent - if they cant pay the rent anymore said team will lose their secret base and it can be purchased again by another team. (solves the problem as well with inactive teams occupying spots)

There could be multiple methods to decorate your team base: 

1. lowest tier: NPC sells them (mainly decoration that we can use for our current secret bases)

2. mid-tier: event prizes maybe, could be items that add some utility like access to GTL and so on

3. end-tier: high end pvp prizes or have to be crafted from dungeon drops with huge effort (would be high utitliy items like healing spots, berry soil etc)

Now there is a point that probably brings up some discussion - in my opinion players should be able to fly to their secret base location - even if it has healing spots. Since the buying price and the monthly fee are supposed to be a money sink they also should provide some higher use.

This is just the rough concept and it might have been brought up before - if so just merge this into another topic. In my opinion teams should have more goals than just the montly team tournament - and this would be a nice way to start things off.

Edited by Quakkz

14 answers to this question

On 05/12/2017 at 3:43 AM, Quakkz said:

So since Hoenn Secret Bases have been implemented a while ago and they still dont have any real use

They were added long time ago.. And there are purpose if u watch @Bestfriends's Roy Roger's news. 

Edited by IDKPRO

In order to keep the base the team has to pay a monthly rent - if they cant pay the rent anymore said team will lose their secret base and it can be purchased again by another team. (solves the problem as well with inactive teams occupying spots)

Who would kept paying rent? As u said a rough number is about 30mil/month which will estimate to 1mil/day who want to help supply 1mil every month? 

Now there is a point that probably brings up some discussion - in my opinion players should be able to fly to their secret base location - even if it has healing spots. Since the buying price and the monthly fee are supposed to be a money sink they also should provide some higher use.

Fly to base to heal? Although if they fly to base and heal. Why not fly to the nearest pokemon centre. Since in the end u will need to fly back to the city where u left off. Though flying to your Base is a good idea since there are certain base not easily accessible 

Well, if sinnoh ever gets added (preferably platinum version) There is a villa which you can purchase in the battle frontier island , i can see the rent system being applied to that building in particular to be used as a Team HQ, same mechanic with the hidden bases, difference being you will only be able to visit your own Teams and(maybe) your allied teams HQ (gib ally teams plz) or something in similar fashion.

I think a neat idea. I had actually typed a post up and my friend @Staggiie did a search for me to see if there was a thread and we found this. Here's what I had typed up/my two-cents to how to make team hideouts grandeur and desirable.

Things that I think would really make this a cool concept:

- Larger-than-normal hideouts.
- Solo PC, like the normal ones found in PokeCenter that only you can access.
- Public PC that anyone in the Team can deposit Pokemon into.
- Leader PC that only the boss and higher ranking members can access.
- Public storage box that anyone can put items in.
- Leader storage box that only the boss and higher ranking members can access.

- Auction NPC where you can list things for only your team and they can bid on them.

- Public berry plots that anyone can seed/water if they have permission.

- Team breeders + breeding braces NPC.
- Team tournament NPC that can automate team tournaments after original setup and do all arranging/bracketing with options like Ubers, OU, NU, monotypings only, etc.
- Exclusive decorative items and flags for team bases only (I think it would be neat if the boss could put a replica but greyed statue of (a) player(s) put in the base, maybe to signify winning the previous tourney)

It's a very interesting prospect indeed. 

On 12/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, Quakkz said:

In order to keep the base the team has to pay a monthly rent

If everyone pays the same amount of rent that wouldn't be any fun as team vary in size and activity. 

But how would we decide om a rent structure for all types of teams?

Sounds like a great idea nonetheless. Upvoted! 

I like the idea of turning the "Team system" into a "real guild system".

Somewhere was the idea of an guild bank, which I liked, but this idea puts it all together!

A nice hide out to chill, a new massive money sink (I'd propose to have a big initial fee plus monthly fees, both varying in amout depending on the member size of the team), and a place for future "guild updates".

Every time our team announces winners to some internal event, we search a different place to take a screenshot of that. That sucks! Nice Team house would come in handy here!

PS sry 4 bad english