Boosting Elite4 payouts

RysPicz

Question

I have just ran through elite fours in both Kanto and Hoenn. @RacheLucario really did a great job with these- they really, really are difficult now, and AI, although not very smart, can still sometimes do a super surprising thing that pretty much fucks up the entire battle. They do pose a challenge now.

However, the payouts are just... funny. 62,5k with amulet coin for beating 30 fully evtrained, leveled, movesetted, pp maxed, perfect comps which even include legendaries is like a slap in the face. They have multiple teams with multiple sets and items and one can't fully prepare for everything they can run. I understand you want this to be difficult as an end-game content, but believe me, it really is. But as tough they are, that much the payout is funny. I don't know if anyone actually does e4 anymre outside of having a bit of fun, because the time, effort and supplies sacrificed to win are not reflected in the reward itself.

Please buff.

E:

For comparisment:

48 pokemons, which aren't even 100s and take much less time and resources (I'm talking about gym rematches) are giving 90k. And that's fine, as those teams despite being lower level still are a freaking pain in the ass, especially rain/ sun ones.

I'm unsure if even a double payout buff would lure players to do it.

Edited by RysPicz

19 answers to this question

I'll also keep in mind that the strategy of using healing items and revives during these battles is pretty much negated by the fact that the payouts are pretty much too low. Blow through 5 revives and the healing items needed to get your Pokemon back up to full health, and you have pretty much ate through half of your winnings. And don't even mention the amount of money you have to put into your comps to eventually deal with the rematches as well.

It just feels like even when I will do round 1 of the Elite 4, I am penalized for not using a perfectly bred sweeper or a self sufficient tank, and anything else in between just dies.

They've been increased by around 20% for the next update, which should put it around 79k-ish

I'm being conservative on this for a few reasons, those being:

• Gym Leaders aren't a directly comparable value to balance against in my opinion. The nature of the two sets of fights are different, primarily due to the cooldowns (where Gym Leaders are a once/day per character win, E4 can be won on a 45m cd timer).
  • We're going to be implementing some significant changes to the crafting system which affects healing item availability, reducing the overhead of running the instance (increasing its profit margin), while also making it available to players who otherwise wouldn't be able to run it

As these changes have potential to cause inflation in-game, I'll be more comfortable buffing this further after these changes have been tested, if it's still necessary.

Edited by Kyu

Ya I agree the money should be higher.Takes me around 1hour to beat the elite4 when they are at level100s.

Takes a few lemonades to heal and 3-5 revives.And I use 6 level 100 pokemons.

Beating all gym leaders in hoenn gives around 88k and it takes like half an hour and no lemonades or revives needed.And I do them with 5 level 100 pokemons while having a 6th pokemon get exp from exp.share when I need to level a pokemon while getting some money.

Edited by russianboxer
9 minutes ago, russianboxer said:

Ya I agree the money should be higher.Takes me around 1hour to beat the elite4 when they are at level100s.

Takes a few lemonades to heal and 3-5 revives.

Beating all gym leaders in hoenn gives around 88k and it takes like half an hour and no lemonades or revives needed.

like said by kyu, don't compare both, one has a low cooldown, meaning you can do multiple times a day, the other has a 20 hour cooldown.

I feel like it might not be to healthy to have a 45 mins cooldown tho, takes time, obviously, but someone with 3 accounts, doing it 3 times per hour, lets say 3 PCs to do it at same time, the legit way, in next patch will be bumping 210k per hour into the game.

3 hours ago, Kyu said:

They've been increased by around 20% for the next update, which should put it around 79k-ish

I'm being conservative on this for a few reasons, those being:

• Gym Leaders aren't a directly comparable value to balance against in my opinion. The nature of the two sets of fights are different, primarily due to the cooldowns (where Gym Leaders are a once/day per character win, E4 can be won on a 45m cd timer).
  • We're going to be implementing some significant changes to the crafting system which affects healing item availability, reducing the overhead of running the instance (increasing its profit margin), while also making it available to players who otherwise wouldn't be able to run it

As these changes have potential to cause inflation in-game, I'll be more comfortable buffing this further after these changes have been tested, if it's still necessary.

Alrighty, thanks Kyu. I will be sure to give it few tests after the update hits and I will make sure to let you know how the situation will change from my point of view.

37 minutes ago, redspawn said:

like said by kyu, don't compare both, one has a low cooldown, meaning you can do multiple times a day, the other has a 20 hour cooldown.

I feel like it might not be to healthy to have a 45 mins cooldown tho, takes time, obviously, but someone with 3 accounts, doing it 3 times per hour, lets say 3 PCs to do it at same time, the legit way, in next patch will be bumping 210k per hour into the game.

Am on phone and I can't edit my previous post so I'll do it here.

You just can't beat entire e4 in 20mins. Animations and battle messages themselves take that much. Kanto e4 took me like 45 mins but mainly because of RNG which caused me to miss a meteor mash on Dragonite and got my TTar crit-burned by fire punch and I had to dry the PP of Dragonite's Dragon Claw (and some commentary with Rachel who was spectating her work). Hoenn took me half of an hour though. I had a better matchup here though

Once beating "rank 3" Elite Four, I think it would be cool if you could had a small % chance at receiving an exclusive vanity item. That would definitely make me want to grind it, at least until I get the item anyway. It's a fairly common thing on MMOs when you have a RNG factor to get certain rare exclusive items, and I know we have shinies but I think adding new additions to that would be good.

So what's the status on this?

I have just spent half a million on revives and hyper potions, as well as countless hours trying to finally beat E4 once.

I did finally beat it, netting a grand profit of -450k...lol. Not counting the 6 million I spent on comp pokes also, since I did not have any.

edit: And by once, I mean when they are all lvl 100 with strong teams

Edited by hihats

well redspawn felt the reward was fine at the time when we had no idea they will also add a BP as bonus reward.

Realy need some skilled players to tell us how fast and how little items they use to beat elite 4.Takes a lot of skill do do elite 4 fast and with limited items.

Gym rematch you can heal between them and you don't need to be that good to do them.

But they made the money a little better and the BP reward is worth about half the money reward.So I doubt they will add more reward.

I mean they said they will raise the money by 20%.By adding the BP they alredy raised it far more than that.

Edited by MightyBoxer

Yeah, I did run e4 quite a few times myself. Imo, this still needs buffing. Let's also remember that in final battle vs rival, one of the comp pokes needs to hold an amulet coin, which is a huge disadvantage. The payouts are still puny compared to amount of effort, time and funds which are needed to actually get into it.

That's why noone does e4- the difficulty to profit ratio is just super tough. I thought my Baton Pass teams would do very well against E4, but somehow I always end up getting badly haxed out there and just don't feel like going any further or doing it second time. Battle Points are nice, but still this isn't a viable end-game content and would either need nerfing the difficulty or buffing the rewards.

1 hour ago, MightyBoxer said:

well redspawn felt the reward was fine at the time when we had no idea they will also add a BP as bonus reward.

Realy need some skilled players to tell us how fast and how little items they use to beat elite 4.Takes a lot of skill do do elite 4 fast and with limited items.

Gym rematch you can heal between them and you don't need to be that good to do them.

But they made the money a little better and the BP reward is worth about half the money reward.So I doubt they will add more reward.

I mean they said they will raise the money by 20%.By adding the BP they alredy raised it far more than that.

Yeah I agree, if someone that's a Pro at Elite 4 could chime in, that would be great.

41 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Yeah, I did run e4 quite a few times myself. Imo, this still needs buffing. Let's also remember that in final battle vs rival, one of the comp pokes needs to hold an amulet coin, which is a huge disadvantage. The payouts are still puny compared to amount of effort, time and funds which are needed to actually get into it.

Not sure if amulet coin actually increases the reward. I got 60k and 2000 bp for beating it yesterday (rematch 4+), and I was not holding an amulet coin.

Would I have received 72k if i were holding one?

47 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

That's why noone does e4- the difficulty to profit ratio is just super tough. I thought my Baton Pass teams would do very well against E4, but somehow I always end up getting badly haxed out there and just don't feel like going any further or doing it second time. Battle Points are nice, but still this isn't a viable end-game content and would either need nerfing the difficulty or buffing the rewards.

What baton pass team did you use? I am currently putting one together myself, to address said profit issues, or rather to simply not experience a net loss for doing E4

I think the profit would be OK if we could just be healed in between battles, same as on round 1.

some reasons for devs to consider.

-beginner friendly

-Healing between battles would encourage experimenting

-Favors regular team building, not baton pass abuse

-From what I can tell, many pvp matches often end with like 1-2 pokemon standing, which was my experience going threw E4 (unless I wiped lol)

-Same as a tournament, you get healed for free after each round eh? Imagine how many people would continue if you made them pay 25k to simply continue to the next round.

-Instead of doing E4 to get gud at pvp, i'm doing another Alt run to pay for revives and potions

15 hours ago, hihats said:

Alt run

is it still worth doing considered they completely nerfed it?

@xRdZiiiN is probably the best person I know to discuss e4 strategy with, try to talk with him if you can, don't really know many that might do it, other than Xrd.

When I said that I was actually under the impression it was easier than what it really was, so yeah nevermind my post above.

37 minutes ago, redspawn said:

is it still worth doing considered they completely nerfed it?

Well for me it's still better money than E4 considering my poor success rate with E4 since i'm learning...(or rather, since I suck).

Also you are allowed to use the pokecenter and not revives and hyper potions and leppa berries when playing through the game

I'm losing money doing E4...lol.

But yeah, Alt runs were nerfed hard with all the untradeable items. However I just really enjoy doing them, and profit is at least on par with payday, possibly on par with Gyms.

Nothing like back in the day though, but still a pretty penny.

27 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

i do the elite 4 lvl 100 from time to time, doesnt take me more than like 2 revives and 3 hyper potions, but it takes between 30 and 45mins so yeah, there are probably better ways to make money. 

https://prnt.sc/igejol

I use at least that many healing items after each fight. What team do you use?

curselax , typhlosion [ swift band ] , milotic, heracross [swift band ] close combat u will help u a lot* , salamence , wobbuffet / metagross [ swift band ] / blissey. 

change whatever poke u want. ^ ~ i use this team for unova e4 ~ **

try to go as far as u can without using potions , just to take notes about their teams , when they are all lv 100 , they usually use the same team over and over , just changing one or other , or the order of the pokes, try to abuse this. eventually u will learn ~

good luck.

Edited by xRdZiiiN